• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    First off, I am a gun enthusiast and I do like dogs better than cats (but I have two cats and only one dog (and the kids have fish, and a rabbit). Anyhow, check me if I'm wrong, but it seems most people interested in self defense and guns tend towards K-9's.
    Here's the theory I've developed on this: If you like dogs, your personality is more like a cat's. And vice verse - cat people are more like dogs....

DOG: Fiercely loyal, will submit to the "top dog" (he's no dummy), will take alot of crap from the one he loves (very forgiving), always there for you.
    CAT: Fiercely independent, takes no crap from no one, will fight against all odds, even to the death, holds grudges, will tolerate you only when she feels like it.

To love and keep a cat, you have to be as loyal and forgiving as a dog.
    To be a successful and happy dog owner, you're the boss, you expect Fido to submit to your demands and be there when you want him there.

I admire cats, but I love my dog.
    One final thought: If you woke up and your dog was 10 times bigger, he'd love you 10 X more ... If your cat was 10 times bigger ... you might not wake up.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I don't see the correlation.

The majority of people in this world like dogs. :dunno:

This statement is based on some sort of research unknown to me I'm sure. In my experience there are nearly equal numbers of cat vs dog people in the general population (I am in and out of many people's homes daily for my job).

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    One final thought: If you woke up and your dog was 10 times bigger, he'd love you 10 X more ... If your cat was 10 times bigger ... you might not wake up.

LOL, this made me laugh and I agree 100%

The only good cat is a dead one IMO. If they didn't eat varmints, they would be one.

Dogs (well, big dogs) can actually serve a purpose...I can't say the same about cats, unless you really enjoy ice cold companionship.

I don't see the correlation.

The majority of people in this world like dogs. :dunno:

This was my first thought.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If you woke up and your dog was 10 times bigger, he'd love you 10 X more ... If your cat was 10 times bigger ... you might not wake up.

If my dog was 10x bigger overnight, I'd probably not wake up just the same, because the little bastard likes crawling in bed and sleeping on me. At 550-600 lbs, I'm sure I'd be crushed and suffocated.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

^That's a funny quote. pound for pound a kitty cat is usually tougher than a dog, but until they are selling trustworthy "watch" tigers I'll stick with my German Shepherd as a companion and as a component of my home security. I think most gun owners are very passionate about defending themselves and their property. A dog can compliment one's firearms and security system because a dog will alert you to sounds you cannot hear, which gives you an edge against a potential threat. You don't even need a big dog to perform that role. Conversely, not all big dogs are good watchdogs.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    That whole cats are independent thing is blown out of proportion....

Everytime we leave for a vacation we come back to two extra fat cats that are STARVED for attention...My dog is the same way.

And yes...cats are tougher than dogs by a long shot.

Cats also provide useful services inside and outside the home, such as rodent removal/prevention, killing bugs and/or alerting you of their presence, preventing strings from popping out of your carpet...etc.

My dog isnt even a very good guard/watch dog...when a person comes to our from door...theres is no bark or growl...however she will wag a fierce tail.

This all being said...Id take a bullet for my dog....shed do the same for me...I cant say the same about the cats.

Siamese cats have been known to be fiercely loyal...unto the death...the Egyptians used them as guards, food for thought.

God bless
    -Shred

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    :D

deed3b99.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I like to think that I'm a pretty solid "gun guy".

And we have two cats at home... And no dogs.

Can't leave a dog or two home alone for a weekend while we go out of town...

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another gun-toting cat person here.

While I would love to get a dog eventually, I've had cats my whole life. Low maintenance and cheap to care for (by comparison). My cats have all been pretty well behaved, and fiercely protective. They keep the house bug and rodent free. My old cat (before old age got her) would chase other animals out of the yard, and even schooled the neighbor's German Shepard a couple of times.

If my kitty was suddenly 10x bigger, that would be COOL!
    cougar.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I can give you plenty of cat stories. Each has its own personality, a few are aloof, but mostly they love affection. I've been bonded to by a siamese. Had one that would miss me so much every day, when I'd come home from work, she'd just lean against my leg. She would come when I called her by name, and play fetch. Had one that loved me so much and was so possessive, she literally tried to kill another one she saw cuddle with me. I have one now, not curious or playful at all, just exists to absorb affection. The ferals outside have wiped out the squirrel population, and I was having trouble with them getting in the garage.

rw496

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 16, 2011
    Lake County
    Great thread! I love dogs and I'm amazed by cats.
    A dog thinks to himself: This person provides me with food and a house.. he must be a God.
    A cat thinks: This person provides me with food and a house,..I must be a God.

Top Bottom