• ...and so much more!
  • Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I always liked the observation:

Lock your wife in the trunk of the car, drive around for a few hours.
    Do the same with your dog.

Now... when you opened the trunk, which one was happy to see you?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    LOL, this made me laugh and I agree 100%

The only good cat is a dead one IMO. If they didn't eat varmints, they would be one.

Dogs (well, big dogs) can actually serve a purpose...I can't say the same about cats, unless you really enjoy ice cold companionship.

This was my first thought.

:):

I did have a cat that behaved more like a dog. It would follow me everywhere, even when I walked the dog, the cat would follow. But she did despise everyone else in the house and would set up ambushes and randomly attack. :D

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm also reminded of a friend who has three rescue greyhounds. She describes them as cats in dog-suits; they lay around all day and... well, nap. Then suddenly, WHAM energy runrunrun aaaaand..... Collapse and nap.

Sounds kinda cool. :)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I don't see the correlation.

The majority of people in this world like dogs. :dunno:

Including me. Unfortunately (thanks to my wife), we have a frigging brain-dead Yorkie. (One of these days, the goofy little SOB will cash in his chips, and I'll get me another Schnauzer!)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The statistic in question: there are more dog people than cat people in the US, but not by much. There are more domestic cats than domestic dogs in the US, but not by much. Cat people are a little more likely to have multiples than are dog people. Nothing is by a whole lot.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    .... A dog can compliment one's firearms and security system because a dog will alert you to sounds you cannot hear, which gives you an edge against a potential threat. You don't even need a big dog to perform that role. Conversely, not all big dogs are good watchdogs.

You're very right. I've found the little ankle nippers are very good alarm systems (sometimes too good ... like the way early car alarms were). Also a bite from some of those little turds HURTS. Like clamping a vise grip down on ya.
    The little guys are like the .22's of self defense - they'll get your attention and make you think twice.
    The German Shepard?! More like a point blank 12 guage.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    :):

I did have a cat that behaved more like a dog. It would follow me everywhere, even when I walked the dog, the cat would follow. But she did despise everyone else in the house and would set up ambushes and randomly attack. :D

I had a cat like that too. His name was Dog. (I wanted a dog, but the GF at the time wanted a cat and it made more sense as an apartment dweller. I named him Dog for that reason, and because I thought it was funny. )

If you were talking on the phone when he wanted attention, he would swat at the phone with his paws. He also has this thing where he would sit and put his front paws up in the air when he wanted to be held, just like a toddler would. He like motorcycles too.

Kinda wish the Ex didn't get custody.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom