• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    McCain would vote to re-enact an AWB under the right circumstances. (ie Pressure from the left)

Of course, when pressure was HIGHEST in '94, and buckling was EASIEST because (Coats and Lugar voted FOR the AWB) there did not appear to be a political price to pay, McCain voted AGAINST it. But have it your way, maybe after being screwed by Obama for 4 years, and he's decimated the nation, you'll look back and say "'Duh."

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Obama is a dirt bag Marxist with views that lean towards black separatism, but I don't see him as anymore of a threat than McCain in regrads to 2A.

McCain worked with Lieberman on legislation that would ban private sales of firearms.

McCain would vote to re-enact an AWB under the right circumstances. (ie Pressure from the left)

McCain has worked towards amnesty for illegal aliens. 12 million!

And above all McCain still thinks he can "win" the war in Iraq. There's nothing left to win.

Ok, so McCain might have a 50/50 chance of signing a gun control bill. Obama will push more gun control and sign 100% of everything that will come in.

Oh and for the Iraq war, we ARE WINNING. stop watching the liberal media. they are not televising that we are winning the war because of the surge that McCain pushed for. That would just help McCain out in the election and they dont want that.

And McCain will put MORE conservatives in the supreme court. Obama will appoint very liberal justices....and if he did already, Heller would have been ruled the other way.

Any gun owner who doesnt vote for McCain should just give me their guns now. Because Obama will be coming after them when he gets elected cause you dont like some of McCain's stands :rolleyesedit:

oh BTW, im not a fan of McCain either.... but he is the best man for the job running in this election and he will get my vote :patriot:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Voting for Perot when Clinton was the likely alternative because we didn't like G.H.W.B. really helped us. It took 20 years to crawl out of that hole.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So apparently, we'll have you and like minded people to thank for an Obama Presidency.

Nope. YOU and people like YOU are to blame.

We told you not to nominate a liberal. We told you we wouldn't vote for RINO. We told you that YOU would be handing the election over to the dems because the true conservatives would never vote for someone like the of mcAmnesty of gulliani..

Did you people listen? Nope. You should have. We warned you.

Besides, if mcAmnesty wins then he'll grant amnesty to roughly 16 million illegals ALL OF WHICH WILL VOTE DEMOCRAT IN 2012. Do you really think that 16 MILLION new voters all voting for democrats won't have a far greater danger than 4 years of obamma being stonewalled by republicans?

Back to the "list"
    #1- 7 of the nine justices on the USSC were nominated by republicans... conservative republicans don't have a much better track than dems, let alone what a RINO would give us.

#2- war on terror? Please, it's the boogeyman in a new outfit. They've done a good job of making otherwise decent people cower under there beds in fear and allow gross violations of our Rights. Don't by the hype. On a side note, the Iraqi government is calling for a timetable for our withdrawl.. didn't bush and mcAmensty say "when they ask, we leave"?

#3- strong character? this guy is no different than john 'flipflop' kerry.

Sorry folks, you want to defeat obamma in November? mcAmnesty can't do it.

As rush limbaugh said, "do we really want a republican at the helm in 2009 when the economy really takes it's nose dive?"

Best bet? Send the GOP a message by voting third party for president and get as many conservatives elected to congress as we can to stop obamma for the next 4 years.

Then hope the GOP figures it out and we get a decent conservative in 2012 to boot out obamma.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Of course, when pressure was HIGHEST in '94, and buckling was EASIEST because (Coats and Lugar voted FOR the AWB) there did not appear to be a political price to pay, McCain voted AGAINST it. But have it your way, maybe after being screwed by Obama for 4 years, and he's decimated the nation, you'll look back and say "'Duh."

All the Dems have to do is threaten his funding for "The 21st Century Crusades" and he'll sign any bill they want.

We CANNOT afford McCain or Obama.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Ok, so McCain might have a 50/50 chance of signing a gun control bill. Obama will push more gun control and sign 100% of everything that will come in.

Oh and for the Iraq war, we ARE WINNING. stop watching the liberal media. they are not televising that we are winning the war because of the surge that McCain pushed for. That would just help McCain out in the election and they dont want that.

And McCain will put MORE conservatives in the supreme court. Obama will appoint very liberal justices....and if he did already, Heller would have been ruled the other way.

Any gun owner who doesnt vote for McCain should just give me their guns now. Because Obama will be coming after them when he gets elected cause you dont like some of McCain's stands :rolleyesedit:

oh BTW, im not a fan of McCain either.... but he is the best man for the job running in this election and he will get my vote :patriot:

There's no prize for winning in Iraq. We are winning skirmishes and spending billions. China and Russia are the real threat.

The country is in terrible shape financially and we're going to give some RINO a blank check to drive us further in debt? I'm not voting for this.

The supreme court is a consideration, but if the country is broke and there's no jobs I could care less.

You coulda had a V8.
    You coulda voted for Ron Paul in the primaries.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hehehe.... look folks....Make-believe is fun but the bottom line here is that there will be one of TWO people elected president. Either vote FOR McCain (the lesser of the 2 evils, IMHO) or get ready for four years of Obama. Period.... End of story!!!

If you vote for anybody else (Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Micky Mouse, etc.) or refuse to vote.... it all means a vote that didn't go for McCain, the ONLY viable option other than Obama.

Once again I won't feel good about voting for a lesser of two scenario, but I sure can't delude myself into thinking that voting for a person (regardless of how great) that has effectivly ZERO chance to win, makes any sense.

I will NOT assist Barack Hussein Obama to get into the Whitehouse...... will YOU???

:cheers:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Hehehe.... look folks....Make-believe is fun but the bottom line here is that there will be one of TWO people elected president. Either vote FOR McCain (the lesser of the 2 evils, IMHO) or get ready for four years of Obama. Period.... End of story!!!

If you vote for anybody else (Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Micky Mouse, etc.) or refuse to vote.... it all means a vote that didn't go for McCain, the ONLY viable option other than Obama.

Once again I won't feel good about voting for a lesser of two scenario, but I sure can't delude myself into thinking that voting for a person (regardless of how great) that has effectivly ZERO chance to win, makes any sense.

I will NOT assist Barack Hussein Obama to get into the Whitehouse...... will YOU???

:cheers:

I lined up like a good little lemming in 04 and voted for Dubya because Kerry was the "Great Satan" and "wuz comin fer yer guns".

That turned out great.

I'm not going to sell out to the lesser of two evils. That is a strategy that has failed gun owners for years.

Some of our fellow gunnies have learn to vote straight ticket Republican from their parents. I'm not suprised when they find solace in voting for anyone with an "R" behind their name.:rolleyesedit:

Anybody but McCain and Obama in '08.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I lined up like a good little lemming in 04 and voted for Dubya because Kerry was the "Great Satan" and "wuz comin fer yer guns".

That turned out great.

I'm not going to sell out to the lesser of two evils. That is a strategy that has failed gun owners for years.

Some of our fellow gunnies have learn to vote straight ticket Republican from their parents. I'm not suprised when they find solace in voting for anyone with an "R" behind their name.:rolleyesedit:

Anybody but McCain and Obama in '08.

I don't know about anyone else, but I voted AGAINST the TRAITOR Kerry! Always will!
    And it's not "selling out", it's protectionism! True, I don't like either candidate, but at least McCain isn't a "CHICAGO POLITICIAN" who would start from day one to work to deny us "lowly" folks our rights. (Guns, religion, etc.) Nor will I betray my country by giving a greater chance to a CP just because I want someone else.
    Problem is, we can't get enough OTHERS to vote for someone other than the two major candidates.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I voted AGAINST the TRAITOR Kerry! Always will!
    And it's not "selling out", it's protectionism! True, I don't like either candidate, but at least McCain isn't a "CHICAGO POLITICIAN" who would start from day one to work to deny us "lowly" folks our rights. (Guns, religion, etc.) Nor will I betray my country by giving a greater chance to a CP just because I want someone else.
    Problem is, we can't get enough OTHERS to vote for someone other than the two major candidates.

I voted for Paul in the primaries. If he was still a candidate, I'd be voting for him against Obama. Sad to say, the RNC choice is McCain, and therefore, the only person other than Obama who has a chance to occupy the Oval Office is McCain. I don't like that he's such a damn moderate. I don't trust him to protect gun rights. I don't think he's the best choice, but since it's going to be one of the two of them, I distrust McCain less, so I'll hold my nose and cast my vote against Obama. In a perfect world, we would all vote "None of the Above are acceptable" and for four years, we would be without a President. In a perfect world, we would know that the votes cast were all counted correctly-Don't forget Josef Stalin's quote: "It matters not who casts the votes, only who counts them." We don't have anything close to a perfect world, so we have to make the best of the one we have. McCain will begrudgingly get my vote.

"...and may God have mercy on our souls."

Blessings,
    B

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    I'm well aware that it is a two-party system.

Obama will probably win and we'll be screwed.

If McCain wins, we're screwed and in Iraq for the next deacde.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a reminder...

...of the kind of mentality you will allow to flourish with the misguided thinking that allowing Obama to win will be OK;

...while the Supreme Court has said we can possess weapons, it never said we could not put a tax on each and every round. A tax of $1,000 a bullet would be a good starting place. No matter where purchased.
    7/11/2008 12:12:31 AM

This is a comment, made this morning, to the IndyStar article on the tragic officer shooting yesterday.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    ...of the kind of mentality you will allow to flourish with the misguided thinking that allowing Obama to win will be OK;

...while the Supreme Court has said we can possess weapons, it never said we could not put a tax on each and every round. A tax of $1,000 a bullet would be a good starting place. No matter where purchased.
    7/11/2008 12:12:31 AM

This is a comment, made this morning, to the IndyStar article on the tragic officer shooting yesterday.

I am not sure that McCain would not impose a similar tax himself. That is the problem. McCain is not the 2nd Amendment messiah. He just won most of your votes by default.

Like many drunken frat boys, you guys are going to wake up some morning and be terrified of who you're in bed with.

That's all I got...........this new guy Sphynx..............I hear a rumor he's an Obama supporter.

I'm sure he would love to entertain these ideas of yours.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I am not sure that McCain would not impose a similar tax himself. That is the problem. McCain is not the 2nd Amendment messiah. He just won most of your votes by default.

Like many drunken frat boys, you guys are going to wake up some morning and be terrified of who you're in bed with.

That's all I got...........this new guy Sphynx..............I hear a rumor he's an Obama supporter.

No one has claimed that McCain is "the 2nd Amendment messiah" but he is NOT Obama! And get real, we never had a chance to get who we want. And we won't - at least THIS term.
    The fight for a politician we want is at the very beginning and we have to be vocal (extremely loud) and focus on the media. Tell the media that we will not allow them to pick our candidates for us. Demand equal time for ALL the candidates. Maybe we could threaten law suits if the media doesn't give every candidate equal time. A class action suit. Or something like that.
    But for now were are stuck with "the lesser of two evils" AGAIN! Maybe we will get lucky with their Vice President choices. We will just have to get through the next four years, all the while letting the media know we don't like their interferance in the process and demand that they be "fair and balanced" from now on.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No one has claimed that McCain is "the 2nd Amendment messiah" but he is NOT Obama! And get real, we never had a chance to get who we want. And we won't - at least THIS term.
    The fight for a politician we want is at the very beginning and we have to be vocal (extremely loud) and focus on the media. Tell the media that we will not allow them to pick our candidates for us. Demand equal time for ALL the candidates. Maybe we could threaten law suits if the media doesn't give every candidate equal time. A class action suit. Or something like that.
    But for now were are stuck with "the lesser of two evils" AGAIN! Maybe we will get lucky with their Vice President choices. We will just have to get through the next four years, all the while letting the media know we don't like their interferance in the process and demand that they be "fair and balanced" from now on.

Be careful with the "equal time" thing, flagtag. It sounds like the "fairness doctrine" to me.

I also think that it's likely that whoever is elected, the likelihood of the VP becoming POTUS is high, whether due to an assassination attempt on Obama or due to McCain's age.

Please note that I do not condone nor suggest that an assassination would be appropriate, but I do recognize that the possibility is there that it may happen.

Blessings,
    B

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    <<snip>>...........this new guy Sphynx..............I hear a rumor he's an Obama supporter.

It is no rumor!!!! He supports BHO 120%https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions_and_greetings/6923-sphynx.html#post85760

This guy scares the hell outa me. Not as much as Obama.

Obama has liberals stating that he is TOO liberal.

Sphynctor Oops I mean Sphynx will help turn fence sitters toward BHO.

That in itself just might be more damaging. :dunno:

I am NOT a doom and gloom nay-sayer claiming that we have already elected our first black president. I am talking to all my friiends about registering to vote and telling them the truth about the way our nation is headed.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    It is no rumor!!!! He supports BHO 120%https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions_and_greetings/6923-sphynx.html#post85760

This guy scares the hell outa me. Not as much as Obama.

Obama has liberals stating that he is TOO liberal.

Sphynctor Oops I mean Sphynx will help turn fence sitters toward BHO.

That in itself just might be more damaging. :dunno:

I am NOT a doom and gloom nay-sayer claiming that we have already elected our first black president. I am talking to all my friiends about registering to vote and telling them the truth about the way our nation is headed.

Race has nothing to do with Obama. Simply put: he is a Chicago Politicain. Period!. He is no different than Mayor Daily, Gov. Blago, and Blago's pop-in-law, Mell. They are all corrupt, they all have a different set of rules for themselves and us. (BTW, Blago,Daily, Mell and many of their friends are white. And Obama is just like them)

Top Bottom