• yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    Why is everyone ditching their 40's

I was one of those trading a G23 just recently. I have other .40 cal handguns and I was in search of a .45 for range work and or a P238 Sig for pocket carry. Otherwise I was happy just to keep the Glock. As far as ammo, .40 is easy to get around here, and the recoil is very manageable. I reload the .40 and .45 as well as .38Spl. Just my two cents.:twocents:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I ditched a glock 40 years ago because I figured if I was going to be paying the same price for 45acp ammo, I may as well be shooting the 45acp. No real complaints about the glock, just wanted the bigger caliber.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah...lol. Just like you can pick it put after being buried in the sand and shot it without clearing the barrel :laugh: I remeber the first time I heard that one. lmfao

you don't have to hear about it, you can watch it :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5Kcs4dzro]YouTube - Glock 21 Buried 2 years then 500rd test fire[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3KuZFuW_0[/ame]

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    i am considering trading/sellling my g27 simply to move to a different, more concealable (easily carry-able) platform... i really don't care for how much it prints and i'd like to have something i can pocket carry if needed.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    i am considering trading/sellling my g27 simply to move to a different, more concealable (easily carry-able) platform... i really don't care for how much it prints and i'd like to have something i can pocket carry if needed.

I was kind of the same way with the 27, it was only just a hair smaller than the 23 and almost the same grip length when you add a pinky extension.

If I go back to a pocket pistol, it'll be a Kahr or Kel-Tec.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've never owned a .40. I guess there was never a compelling enough reason for me to go get one and have to stockpile another caliber.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Hi-Jack-Pat here:

Does anyone have an opinion of Mag. Res. Lone Eagle vs T/C Contender pistols, with plus and minus factoids?? I'm offered the Lone Eagle for $300 and the T/C Contender for $395. Same caliber. Which would you buy, & why? Pat

Top Bottom