• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am keeping the glock 27. Sweet carry gun.

My G27 is not going anywhere either. It's my favorite gun and the most versatile IMO.

A box of cheap ammo for it isn't that much more than a box of 9...

picture.php

zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    What does everyone reccomend for a carry? I have a 9mm but everyone is reccomending I go to a .40.The ammo for the 40 is definatelyl easier to find. Help...

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I thought 9MM would be easier to find than it is when I bought my gun. I see .40 everywhere. I want to be able to shoot alot since I just got back into the sport and the cheaper the better. Jim

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Google "Glock Blow Up" The Glock chambered in .40 cal is mention the most. Not to sure how common that problem is but it caused a few of my friends to ditch their 40 cal Glocks

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ditch it? Hell I am going to POPS when I get off work around noon today, and put some .40 downrange from my Glock-22/Glock-27 combo platter.
    Ditch them? "No way" . "40 is here to stay"!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Google "Glock Blow Up" The Glock chambered in .40 cal is mention the most. Not to sure how common that problem is but it caused a few of my friends to ditch their 40 cal Glocks

Without getting into the whole debate about supported chambers and so on and so forth:

As a homework assignment I want you to look up the four highest selling pistols by brand in .40S&W since the cartridge was introduced, then look and see how many instances you can find of each of those having kB issues. Then sort the data for reloads and factory ammo. Then report back.

In many tens of thousands of rounds I've fired through over a hundred guns, I've had one gun blow up on me. None was a Glock .40. It was most certainly caused by my reloading, lessons learned. No, I will not post the details.

Any gun can have sudden catastrophic failure. The real number of interest in not how many instances of kB you can find, it's how many instances per gun per round fired you can find. A one in a million chance is going to happen lots of times when there's several million guns out there each having fired hundreds to thousands of rounds.

It's pretty impressive to say X gun is 4 times (number drawn out of my ***) as likely to blow up than brand Y, until you see that brand Y has a .0001% chance and brand X has a .0004% chance.

Any gun can blow up, even using factory ammo. It's a risk you take each and every time you pull the trigger.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I think it's the same thing that happened a couple years after hi cap 9mms were all the rage. Guys bought a million of them, then some decided they just didn't want them and the market was flush with resales.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Without getting into the whole debate about supported chambers and so on and so forth:

As a homework assignment I want you to look up the four highest selling pistols by brand in .40S&W since the cartridge was introduced, then look and see how many instances you can find of each of those having kB issues. Then sort the data for reloads and factory ammo. Then report back.

In many tens of thousands of rounds I've fired through over a hundred guns, I've had one gun blow up on me. None was a Glock .40. It was most certainly caused by my reloading, lessons learned. No, I will not post the details.

Any gun can have sudden catastrophic failure. The real number of interest in not how many instances of kB you can find, it's how many instances per gun per round fired you can find. A one in a million chance is going to happen lots of times when there's several million guns out there each having fired hundreds to thousands of rounds.

It's pretty impressive to say X gun is 4 times (number drawn out of my ***) as likely to blow up than brand Y, until you see that brand Y has a .0001% chance and brand X has a .0004% chance.

Any gun can blow up, even using factory ammo. It's a risk you take each and every time you pull the trigger.

I've got nothing against the Glock and I'm not saying they're junk in anyway shape or form. The O.P. stated that he noticed most of the 40 cals being ditched were the Glock 40 cals. I was just simply stating those few reports may of been why others have made the choice to sell their 40 cals. In those few reports Glock is singled out. You and I both know people read or hear about one or two stories and suddenly its "God's Truth" or everone ever made is defective. One thing you never see in any of the reports is how well any of the owner clean and maintained their firearm or how much lead ammo was shot threw the firearm before the "kb" issue.
    I've have also read about the "set back" theory (A round being chambered too many times, pushing the projectile deeper into the casing, causing a raise in presure) as being the cause of the "kb" issue.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    If they came with sights on the side it would be even better cause the new Gansta gun is a FO TAY just like the beverage.

Gots to be havin my FO TAY!!

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    9mm is gross IMO. Some people just like to have the stopping power of a 45, but that sweet, sweet 40cal is right in the middle. Good for zombies and whatnot.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    Glocks do not need to be cleaned. ;)
    While I wouldn't recommend such a practice, especially for a gun that you are trusting your life too:

I do know a guy on another gun forum that has been running an experiment with a Glock 17. The experiment is to see how long (how many rounds) it will fire without a failure of any kind. He has never cleaned the gun, nor even disassembled it. He bought it new, and so far (last I heard) had about 18,000 rounds through it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've seen Glocks dug up after being buried a year and it still shoots.

While all of my guns are clean all of the time, I take comfort knowing they don't have to be.

If it gets too dirty, I'll throw it in the dishwasher

Top Bottom