• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I love .40 for carry and 9mm for plinking... and with the threaded lone-wolf barrel comes the opportunity to play in the Class III thread :D

choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I have also seen alot of adds saying they will trade a specific gun for 9mm but no 40's. I on the other hand would like to have one of those high capacity mags like in the above pic. Everytime i ask there all sold out.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have standardized on .40 caliber. Every handgun I own, aside from collector type pieces are 40S&W. It allows me to buy in bulk and feed a whole collection. I absolutely love it. However,....I often struggle with the thought of swapping each piece with the same in a 9mm version. My reasoning is two fold:

1.) More options, i.e., 9mm AR, 9MM carbines, suppressors, etc. I can purchase one supressor and fit a whole bunch of hosts fairly easily and relatively inexpensively, by NFA standards.

2.) Cheaper Ammo. Approximately $50 per thousand rounds cheaper. And when you are stocking to feed an entire collection, that $50 can buy 150-250 more rounds.

However, that task of swapping out each firearm, mags, and ammo is daunting to say the least. And, I recently found an AR in .40 caliber that I picked up. I can also swap out barrels in many of the firearms to shoot 9mm if I so choose, which can solve some of the above issues, but would require me to stock a different caliber of ammo. So, my plan is to stick with .40, and my only issue now is finding an MP5 type clone in .40 and possibly a suppressor to fit ALL of my .40's. :spend:

All in good time....;)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Agered the .40 is going nowhere. I can get 9mm no problem, even during the crisis. However I can still get .40 for about $4 more then I pay for 9mm. Also Walfart never has 9mm, but always has .40. Take up the step to .45 and wholy bat crap bat man. Also yes pretty much every police department uses the .40. So you have to figure in allot of police trade ins.

AR154ME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    The title pretty much sums up my question. In the classifieds section, I see a lot of .40 caliber weapons for sale, especially with the Glocks. I've been looking for a Glock 26, and it seems liI see a ton of G27's and G23's for sale, or for trade towards a G26/19. Just wondering why the forum members think this is happening. Is it because of ammuniton costs, recoil, or something else?

Love my g23 so hopefully everyone will keep ditching their .40 cause I'll take it.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    For a brief moment, I considered trading or selling my G27 for another Glock, but not a 9mm- I was thinking a G30 :D

I've pretty much decided to just get the .45 IN ADDITION now, though. Why trade, when you can have both?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    HICKMAN said:
    He was wanting to buy the gun I posted above in the Firearms section, but had yet to reach the required number of posts to send a PM.

Lucky me.

Or lucky me, since I bought it :D

There is no ditching .40 trend here. It's just like the glocks: they're very popular and there's a lot of em out there so naturally you'll see a lot for sale.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

police.jpg

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My story behind my 9mm might be a little different but I still fall into the 9mm group. My research drove me to the 9mm and the 40 and I was actually able to get the model(9 and 40) I wanted for basically the same money. The deciding factor for me was the cost every time I pulled the trigger. It was not a big difference but enough that I went the cheaper route. Not a great story but factual. I expect I will pick up a deal on a 40 when I see a deal I can't pass up. Also, I am getting into reloading and think if I factored that into my original gun selection, I would have had to flip a coin to decide between the 9 and 40. :patriot:

Top Bottom