Why I sold my AR15-22 and this now stupid hobby.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From what I here 10/22's are great. I saw several people using a the AR15-22 at Steel Challenge this past summer. I don't really see the need to have both, but then again I don't see why I would have 8 shotguns like my brother has.:)

I have a Weatherby .22. I am happy with that. If my wife would get into shooting with me, I would look at getting a 10/22 for her.

There are 8 pieces in the safe that are .22 and one is an AR. One is a 10/22.
    Well, I forgot the grand daughters Cricket so make that 9 pieces. Why not have several if you wish.
    We do keep enough ammo to run them all.
    Call it a hobby/sport/activity....no matter. It is how you justify the expense and that is all it is. Going to the range is safe enough if you observe the 4 rules and go to a "Good" range. The same with hunting etc. We have always been involved in racing for many years and it is far more risky then shooting IMHO. A lot more expensive as well. Pick your poison and enjoy.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Just a heads up for those in the area. Stopped at the Rochester Walmart this evening. They had .45, 9mm, .38 Special, .380, and .22 mag at what looked to be standard pricing. No .22 or .223 or .357 mag. If you need some they are a fairly new store and may have something you can use.

Top Bottom