• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got m'lady a set of Lodge a while back, and she's now seasoned them (properly) and started using them. I fear them, and continue to use the polytetraflouroethylene coated ones.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Our 12" skillet just came out of a 4 day flax seed oil treatment looking better than ever. We've only had the chance to cook one meal with it, but so far so good. We also have an enamel coated iron dutch oven after watching a few episodes of Cooks Country on PBS. We love the dutch oven & were considering a set of enamel iron cookware to replace our 15 year old "no stick" cookware. If the flaxseed treatment works as well as described in the link, we'll save the $$$ and buy the standard iron withoutworkout enamel...
    Yeah, I used the info in the link for mine, and they've been perfect ever since! (Thanks, HeadlessRoland!)
    Here's the smallest piece that I use the most (I use it at least half a dozen times a week)...
    I pretty much just tip the pan to slide stuff out or shuffle/toss to flip things over. Nothing sticks.
    It's AWESOME.

2e026cec-114d-4d6f-a1b6-9e20e0227666_zps62b1a9d0.jpg

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    I've got a Wagner skillet and the drip-drop roaster with a lid that fits both pans. The insides of each look like glass. The best thing I like is the nice, even heat. Maybe my children will enjoy them when I'm gone.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    For the record, I wash mine all the time with Dawn soap and a scrubber with no problems. While I wash them, I have the oven warming to 350F. I (immediately) wash, wipe dry, put a light coat of olive oil on the whole pan, put them in the oven, and turn the oven off. The heat from the oven causes the water to evaporate, and the oil that was resting on top of the water now seeps into the pores of the pan.

Top Bottom