Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    An admitted 'first world' problem.

The lungs of the earth, etc.
    No, the other Amazon.

Never have to go to a store.

I ordered flowers for my daughter from Amazon for Val day, then realized I had all these 'add ons' that I could attach. Hit cancel within 15 min of the order. Couldn't check my e-mail to see if the cancellation went thru as it was my other daughter's acct and she was asleep (works at night). I still needed flowers so ordered them elsewhere. It was too late already. The Amazon flowers were delivered the next day and daughter loved them. She has two bouquets (and a third came as well, another story).* Now I've read that Amazon wants to be able to deliver items almost as fast as you think to order them and attempts to pre-position such things as you may have looked at or added to a wish list, etc. Then the drone, pre-positioned 24/7 over your house, simply drops them down the chimney (OK, randon thoughts...). Soooo, out of curiosity, I called Amazon to find out how much lead time they need for a cancellation. Actually, you don't call them so much as they call you when you check the correct box. The phone then rings immediately and you don't wait on hold. I spoke to a sweet Kentuckian woman who was much fun and pretty much she said that a call is better than an online click to get something done. I said by the time I find their phone #, 20 minutes have passed. She said do a Google search for Amazon and there it is. She then gave me an unsolicited $15 credit for my next order. If only Anthem could be run this well.

*Now, as far as the third bouquet. My wife mentioned a $19.95 deal for flowers and chocolate for V-day. I told her no matter how cheap those deals sound they usually end up costing bout $45-50. I decided to give it a try anyway. I was surprised that all I saw was $19.95 by the end of the order, and it made no difference if I had them delivered the day before, or on V-day itself. So I hit submit. Later that day I get an e-mail showing a $46 charge for flowers. I wondered if I'd ordered 2 by mistake. Noooo. $19.95 plus all the fees. Another flower delivery scam. I called and cancelled. Got an e-mail confirming my cancellation and credit back on my CC. Simultaneously I get e-mails saying the order has shipped. Daughter gets third bouquet and chocolates and dad, not only is a hero, but gets to scam the scammers (unintentionally). Caveat, the entire charge may have appeared on the final page, but in really small print and not when I chose the delivery date. I was looking for it as it usually appears earlier.

If I walk into a flower shop (or Trader Joes) and say give me $50 worth of flowers, I would need a wheel barrow to carry them out. If I call the shop, $50 gets me a small bouquet. Granted, the difference is they are arranged and special delivered. But the charges and fees seem to be excessive and duplicate. Almost as if Ticketmaster is lurking somewhere in the background. Did I mention I don't do TicketMaster (and after 40 yrs, they still haven't noticed). Also, next year, for V-day, I'm sending a packet of seeds.....mailing them at Christmas.....YEMV, but I doubt it. Happy V-day everyone.

Last edited:

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was at Kroger and their "Dozen Red Roses" bouquet had 11 roses in it :facepalm:. Still... bought a different one and it went over well.
    I bought a fancy dozen yesterday @ Lawrence Kroger, and when the wife was putting them into a vase..... there were 11! :xmad: I guess it's my fault for not counting, but I was in a hurry.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    heh, makes you wonder who got 13 :)

Or which 2 folks got one each.
    I always thought one rose was more romantic. I have a bouquet of red roses (African?) I just checked (12). Haven't given them to SO because snowed in. Tonight though. They are beginning to open and look and smell great. Which leads me to another flower story. I picked up 2 bouquets (wife, other daughter) Thursday at Trader Joes. At the counter, the cashier dropped one and two blooms broke off. He replaced the entire bouquet with a more expensive one, charged me the lower price (I never said a word), and threw in the injured bouquet. I guess my flower karma is good this year......

I suppose if I'm killed by one of those broken branches falling from my trees, irony will have won out. Flower karma does not include all growing things...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom