• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modeltman1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is why I carry a .40-dont have to worry about 9 vs 45 debate,dont have to worry about targets because well,dont have to practice. I know where ever I point that gun it is going to blow up something:lmfao:

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I use 9mm or .357 revolver for car (transport) carry. But .40 for self defense. It depends whether I am just trying to get away or in a defensive posture.

I'm not following the logic there, Trooper. Regardless whether you are in a defensive posture or evading the fight, wouldn't a .45 ACP still be the better round? I mean, you don't even have to hit the bad guys, just hit somewhere close. Like a building. Or a car. The shock wave will take them out, or at least stun them long enough to get away.

Convince me that you can do that with a 9mm. Go ahead ... make my day. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you put all the rounds into the same hole then the target lasts even longer no matter what the ammo!

If you put all the rounds into the same hole, the rest of the target is just wasted. That's why I like buying those shoot-n-see targets. I just use the little dots that come with, and throw the rest away.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not following the logic there, Trooper. Regardless whether you are in a defensive posture or evading the fight, wouldn't a .45 ACP still be the better round? I mean, you don't even have to hit the bad guys, just hit somewhere close. Like a building. Or a car. The shock wave will take them out, or at least stun them long enough to get away.

Convince me that you can do that with a 9mm. Go ahead ... make my day. :):

The reason that you use 9mm is for very quick second shots. Again the goal is to hurt them. Not stop them.

And if you can put precision fire into a small target (ie the eye) then why use a bigger round?

One reason to use .45 is for suppressed work with a smooth, unrifled, barrel. Again very specialized work where you do not want to leave a lot of evidence. Better yet, make it look like it was a drug deal gone bad thus the authorities are looking the wrong way.

Top Bottom