• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I never buy targets, I just show up at the range and shoot over the lane at the other guys target. Man I have seen some confused looks when they go get their targets....thats when I go over and ask whats up....and then I can see where I'm hitting.

I like your idea on how to save money for target practice. Like Benjamin Franklin said, a penny saved is a penny earned.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't shoot either a 9mm or a 45. I shoot my unlicensed firearms.

arms-fire.jpg

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    My targets look like a 5 year old girl threw
    a handful of rocks at it.

But all the rocks hit the target!

Jimmy

Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    While I can appreciate the humor in this thread, along with it's attending replies, I would like to go back to the original idea of the post and ask if anyone here REALLY prefers 9mm for personal protection carry over 45ACP, and if so, why? I admit that having 19+1 of 9mm in my XDM9 is comforting, I also feel really good about the stopping power of the 13+1 rounds of 45ACP in my XDM45. And, I always love the feel of a nice, steel 1911 on my side, with about 4 extra mags on my belt or in a pocket... so, in all seriousness, where do you guys really stand, and why?
    Thanks in advance,
    Cujo71321

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    While I can appreciate the humor in this thread, along with it's attending replies, I would like to go back to the original idea of the post and ask if anyone here REALLY prefers 9mm for personal protection carry over 45ACP, and if so, why? I admit that having 19+1 of 9mm in my XDM9 is comforting, I also feel really good about the stopping power of the 13+1 rounds of 45ACP in my XDM45. And, I always love the feel of a nice, steel 1911 on my side, with about 4 extra mags on my belt or in a pocket... so, in all seriousness, where do you guys really stand, and why?
    Thanks in advance,
    Cujo71321

I wouldn't own firearms as they're quite scary. I hate loud noises and things that can put holes in paper. I do love some nice leather holsters. My favorite one to sniff is made with leather from Horween Leather.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks in advance,
    Cujo71321

I use 9mm or .357 revolver for car (transport) carry. But .40 for self defense. It depends whether I am just trying to get away or in a defensive posture.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Thanks in advance,
    Cujo71321
    Original idea of the post? Did I really need to use purple on my original post?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I vastly prefer the .45. If I have an accidental discharge, its much easier to see in flight. Its sort of like an ash tray loafing toward you through the air at a stately pace, and I'll have time to get out of the way and install an appropriate backstop before someone gets hurt.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I vastly prefer the .45. If I have an accidental discharge, its much easier to see in flight. Its sort of like an ash tray loafing toward you through the air at a stately pace, and I'll have time to get out of the way and install an appropriate backstop before someone gets hurt.
    I like 9mm because if I have an AD it won't kill me or even seriously hurt me. If your caliber doesn't start with a .4 then you're safe right?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I like 9mm because if I have an AD it won't kill me or even seriously hurt me. If your caliber doesn't start with a .4 then you're safe right?

It'll probably bruise, but worse the bullet is so tiny you won't be able to find it afterward and will probably lose it in the wash. .45 is only more expensive if you don't reload. The bullets are so slow they are easy to pick out of the air once they pass through your paper target, and since they never hit the back stop they don't deform. My brass usually wears out before my bullet does. 9 mm is impossible to reload the bullet. Once it bounces off the paper and lands on the ground you'll never find it.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just remember, if you can hit them in the eye with a .45 then you can use a .22 LR just as effectively.

This is why those who do "wet work" (assassinations) more often use the .22 than a larger caliber. They are good enough to take out the victim with one shot in the eye.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just remember, if you can hit them in the eye with a .45 then you can use a .22 LR just as effectively.

This is why those who do "wet work" (assassinations) more often use the .22 than a larger caliber. They are good enough to take out the victim with one shot in the eye.

That is the craziest thing I've ever heard. Assassinations are simply myths. Those people are dying of natural causes and I blame it on the Canadians horrible musical "skills" and production. Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Justin Bieber...need I go on?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I play golf the same way. Why take less strokes? Then you're not getting your money's worth.
    That's how I golf. My cousin laughs at me. Well, he did, until the time I had to hit it from a half inch puddle. Hit the ball about 25-30 yards out of the puddle without so much as a splash. I have him convinced I was just lucky. :p

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    That is the craziest thing I've ever heard. Assassinations are simply myths. Those people are dying of natural causes and I blame it on the Canadians horrible musical "skills" and production. Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Justin Bieber...need I go on?
    Don't forget Nickelback!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Please, please....no more. I will sign zee papers.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You guys are doing it all wrong... I hang bullets in the air 30 yards away and I shoot paper at them.

You think shooting an aerodynamic bullet is hard? Try shooting paper targets to 30 yards accurately!

Top Bottom