• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    but how could said 2 slotter properly make enough toast for a blt meal...the four slotter will leave toasty bread toasty for hot sammiches, the 2 slotter will give you luke warm bread by the time you make enough!

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    there are not too many guns I dont like or wouldnt own. It mainly comes down to what I WOULD BUY.

For instance, I dont think I would buy a Hi-point...but I would own one (perfect bathroom gun!)

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    oh, my 4STR has excellent ergonomics and a clean/crisp toaster "on" lever pull...and all four slots can take a bagel half!...there is absolutely no validation for you 2STR fanboys...and don't even get me started on these "toaster ovens"...just madness

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Oh, I never said which side of the fence I'm on. Just gathering input for my next purchase. Toaster oven is valid too, you can heat kydex and gun parts in it!

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    hmm, i just don't see the reason for these new fangled "toaster ovens", there is nothing wrong or anything that needs changed for a original 4STR...i will be the first to say that the "toaster oven" will not last...mark my words..

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    what does this have to do with the new direction of the thread, what is your pick a 2 slotter or 4 slotter? (mind you, 2 slotters are for girls)

lol, as far as carbines go, i would really like to get my hands on a Ruger PC9...yea i'm a Ruger Fan...kind of like gimme a reason not to be...lol

but you will NEVER find me trying to push Rugerism on ANYONE...only those that want to learn shall be shown the light...lol...i crack myself up...

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    I just wonder... a 4 slot means twice as much toast at once, so would this lead to double the potential to malfunction? Reliability is very important to me. I've read some stuff on the Internet about 4 slots being unreliable. They can blow up too if you try to toast homemade bread in them. Not factory recommended is what I heard.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    People who are confident in their own choices don't post threads blathering about how they don't care and why they don't or why no one else should.

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    People who are confident in their own choices don't post threads blathering about how they don't care and why they don't or why no one else should.

Is that a bit of blathering on about people blathering on? If so, it is of no use. The lines have been drawn in the best toaster war!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    There is nothing wrong with a Ruger. They are built like tanks and are very accurate once you master the trigger. A P95 or 89 is going to be my next handgun purchase. I dont like to hear the bashing either. I currently carry a tokarev and have encountered some brand snobs but unfortunately the gun doesnt make the shotter.

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Jack, take your grumpy self somewhere else. the post was made to give some people a idea on why they always get negative feedback on their selection regardless of what that selection may have been...nobody likes a troll...

patandhisruger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    the post was to help people understand why other people hate on their decisions...i am supremely confident in my Rugers, no need start something negative in this positive thread...

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    to start off, this post is not about people not liking my personal choice in firearms because i simply don't care...this post is for the people that wonder why when they post what they think would be the perfect firearm for them/have the firearm, why people get on their post and seemingly bash it.

here's how it works,

just for my point i will use three different firearms: a Beretta 92, a Glock 19 and a Ruger p95 (my personal firearm for protection)...all three 9mms, and all three reliable firearms. the Glock sells for about 500-600$, the Beretta for about 700$ and the Ruger for about 300-350$ by far the cheapest of the three. so here we have our first topic of bashing "gun snobs". Obviously, if i only spent 300$ on my firearm and they spent over 600$ my firearm MUST be less reliable and less durable. that right there will generate a lot of negative feedback. lets try the operation, we got 2 hammer opt and 1 striker fired. IMO hammer opt firearms are much easier to break down and repair/clean than striker fired, and also less likely to have problems due to the simplicity of the design...having said that i am almost guaranteed to have some negative feedback because i said hammer opt is better than striker fired (but this is my opinion why are people getting so defensive?)

and this is why, when you went and picked up your firearm of choice, i would have hoped you had done some research and shooting before you picked it up. now that you have it you are very loyal to it if it has operated to your standards and will recommend/defend the firearm and it's company if someone attempts to bash it...here's the problem....the three pieces that i am using in this thread are no better than each other...they all top the one next to them in one area or another and also don't quite measure up in some areas...but, the main issue is NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT THE FIREARM THAT THEY PICKED IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE, AND EVERYONE THINKS THAT THEY BOUGHT THE BEST...so taking Glocks for example...they have been solid reliable firearms for 20+ years back then the Rugers and Beretta's and so on were not as reliable as the glock..nowadays they are on the same level and i will argue that point.

i guess the main point is, that you should not worry about the naysayers, someone is always gonna tell you that you made a mistake and tell you that you should've got what they got...be proud of the decision you made..and understand that it's usually not your firearm that they are hating on, but the fact you didn't get the same one that they did...

and do your research!..i recently learned that the p95 was issued to all the tank divisions and mobile units (humvees etc) in 1994....that right there says that my firearm has a good reputation and good enough reliability to warrant use by the US Military...

Pat
    I don't like your gun cause it's not a Hi Point and I think you paid too
    much:D No really, if you like it I'm happy for you. Ruger makes a lot of quality weapons so I'm not sure why anyone would assume your 9mm is not a good gun.

Top Bottom