Why does FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL need this ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Are you against victimless crime laws then, or just when just when it justifies spending tax dollars?
    Once again you're blowing smoke!!
    The discussion is about the APCs.
    NOT my opinion of what you call "victimless crimes"
    You're diversionary tactics are entirely too transparent to be effective. :noway:

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I forgot to mention that they (the POLICE) are preparing for the future. It's not a matter of if, but when.

They are agents of the State.

State of what I'm not sure of yet.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I forgot to mention that they (the POLICE) are preparing for the future. It's not a matter of if, but when.

They are agents of the State.

State of what I'm not sure of yet.

I know I would happily house my family in a FEMA camp while I beat them and strip them of all their self worth.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This is from Pittsburgh. LRADs are becoming more common. The Feds of course give out grants to incentivize this kind of treatment of the public.
    The G20 summit. Ugh, there is one even I want to stay FAR AWAY from Indianapolis. Nothing but trouble. Lots of groups converge there to do nothing but destroy and cause havoc. That is the first civilian application I know of. I bet PPD got a great deal on it from the G20 coming to town.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The G20 summit. Ugh, there is one even I want to stay FAR AWAY from Indianapolis. Nothing but trouble. Lots of groups converge there to do nothing but destroy and cause havoc. That is the first civilian application I know of. I bet PPD got a great deal on it from the G20 coming to town.

I don't know why any city would want to host one of those. Bunch of brain dead anarchists destroying everything in their path.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    We didn't. How many people did Charles Whitman kill in that tower while Officers were powerless with their handguns to stop him. It took almost 2 hours and with BORROWED hunting rifles, the officers were able to storm the tower and kill him. From Wiki: On page 100 of the report, the Department cites four trends which prompted the development of SWAT. These included riots such as the Watts Riots, which in the 1960s forced the LAPD and other police departments into tactical situations for which they were ill-prepared; the emergence of snipers as a challenge to civil order; political assassinations; and the threat of urban guerrilla warfare by militant groups. "The unpredictability of the sniper and his anticipation of normal police response increase the chances of death or injury to officers. To commit conventionally trained officers to a confrontation with a guerrilla-trained militant group would likely result in a high number of casualties among the officers and the escape of the guerrillas." To deal with these under conditions of urban violence, the LAPD formed SWAT, notes the report.
    But hey, if you want us to revert in time, I choose the 20's. A time when police departments were armed with all the same goodies the military had...I want my BAR and Tommy Gun.

But the citizens were also armed with the BAR & the TOMMY GUN it was fair:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    guard against the crushing power of the state when the insurection arrives, beat back the government and their weak 113's

for $85,000 this can be yours!

You can pay to rent a MBT and even shoot it's main gun in Eastern Europe (and the AT missle). Friendly and they speak Russian, truly a blast.:D

I recommend against a cook out on top of the T-64.:laugh:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Peacemaker=armored vehicle=OK. Armored vehicles should remain unarmed other than the occupants inside. They are to transport personnel into/out of a dangerous environment. They are a vehicle...maybe scary but a vehicle none-the-less. It can no more hurt you than any other vehicle, it would have to run you over.
    Belt-fed machine gun I cannot/will not defend. That is scary. But it would be great fun at the range :D...you buy the ammo. I think this photo does us more harm than good. Belt-fed machine gun and all the guys pointing their rifles at the camera...UGH.

I'd defend the hell out of it if it belongs to a department in a county on our southern border with Mexico. Just sayin....

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think there would be a lot less backlash towards armored personnel carriers if the Peace Officer mentality still prevailed in law enforcement. Unfortunately the current state of the laws in modern America has departed from "keep the peace" and morphed into "do as we say." That's not the individual cop's fault, it is just the nature of the beast we are dealing with.

What people see here, is another tool that's going to be used to enforce crazy ass laws. For every active shooter scenario that actually happens, the vehicle will be deployed in 50 no-knock raids to confiscate plants or stop people from gambling on card games in their living room.

serveandprotect.jpg

How many Peace Officers can you find in this picture?
    Nice 50 BMG BROWNING MACHINE GUN, just in case a US citizen doesn't move fast enough when given orders:D:laugh:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm against government agencies using "9/11" as Open SaysMe to the public coffers.

Lemme see, for decades there was no worry about Soviet take over of Oak Ridge. Guys dressed like Barney Fife with .38s and radios. 9/11 happens and DoE/Wackenhutt wants toys and gets toys with the 9/11 password.:rolleyes:

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one. Nuclear facilities have been secured with military-style weapons and equipment and civilian contractors since at least the 1980s. I know because I worked for Wackenhut in the mid-80s and the South Texas Nuclear Plant was one of our contracts.

Infantry Fighting Vehicle: A heavily armed, armored combat vehicle, having tracks or wheels and often having amphibious capability, used to transport infantry into battle and support them there.

The police should not have, armored cars, infantry fighting vehicles, armored fighting vehicles, inter alia. If the police do have an armored car, infantry fighting vehicle, armored fighting vehicle, there better be a darn good reason for it that "might" or chicken raids.

I believe you are deliberately talking past the point that was being made. To be specific, these armored vehicles have been used SPECIFICALLY to retrieve wounded personnel and civilians under fire - a legitimate use.

As to what specific types of armored vehicles are used, much of that depends upon what the military is disposing of and what condition it's in. While governmental agencies and certain other entities get "first dibs" on these items - which are thoroughly "demil-ed" prior to sale - they are available to the public. In fact, if I remember correctly, IPD/MCSD got theirs donated from a local private collector.

Top Bottom