Chris-Hanson.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Guys will date girls that carry bacon around? This is a tactic I MUST try immediately :) And even if I don't attract any guys I'd at least have an army of like 50 dogs following me around. Who would mess with me then?!

If you're a woman shooting guns, you shouldn't have trouble meeting guys.
    Most ranges are male dominated.
    Most Meet & Shoots are male dominated.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    If you're a woman shooting guns, you shouldn't have trouble meeting guys.
    Most ranges are male dominated.
    Most Meet & Shoots are male dominated.

I'm not interested in that. Owning and learning to shoot is just something I've wanted to get in to for years. I don't even own yet.

But maybe I'll keep some bacon in my pocket when I go shoot just in case :)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm not interested in that. Owning and learning to shoot is just something I've wanted to get in to for years. I don't even own yet.

There quite a few folks here that I'm sure would be willing to teach you safety and the basics. Meet and shoots happen often all over the State, though I would say NWI and Indy areas are more active than others. This Community loves helping those just starting out.

If you are around Martinsville, my Wife and I have folks over to shot about once a month. I've been working with our neighbor, another transplant from the PRI. She is in her 60's and haS really developed a love for shooting. Let me know if you are interested.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    There quite a few folks here that I'm sure would be willing to teach you safety and the basics. Meet and shoots happen often all over the State, though I would say NWI and Indy areas are more active than others. This Community loves helping those just starting out.

If you are around Martinsville, my Wife and I have folks over to shot about once a month. I've been working with our neighbor, another transplant from the PRI. She is in her 60's and haS really developed a love for shooting. Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you! :) Very interested in checking out some meet and shoots in the future! Martinsville looks to be about 3 hours from me. I don't mind to take a jaunt once in a while though and get a change of scenery.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Thank you! :) Very interested in checking out some meet and shoots in the future! Martinsville looks to be about 3 hours from me. I don't mind to take a jaunt once in a while though and get a change of scenery.

Yeah, it's fun shooting out at Stschil's place, except for "Wheezer Hill" Not so bad getting to the shooting gallery---hellish getting back. HA!

To answer your question, Scott, it's your butt making your gun look small. :)::)::):

Dang! I was going for the other way around. :n00b:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

We get together in South Bend pretty often. Hoosierdood and TomN are working on the next one. We shoot at the Kodiak range.

The 2nd Ammendment Patriots North meet there the last Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM. We usually shoot after and I'm sure you could get to shoot a wide variety of stuff there.

They also rent guns and love first timers.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    .01: BACON MAKETH ME DO IT
    1: I crave attention
    2: I am compensating for 'something'
    3: I enjoy scaring soccer moms
    4: I'm a dumb redneck
    5: John Wayne and Clint Eastwood are my heros
    6: I am looking for trouble
    7: I am trying to get arrested so I can sue for big bucks
    And finally...
    8: I want to be shot first in a robbery.
    L O L ! :laugh:

getem2011

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Lake County
    Hey everyone, forgive me if this topic has been beaten to death but I am fairly new to this community and just a curious person in general. I've seen OC discussed in several other threads and I'm just wondering about what peoples personal reasons are for doing it.

I grew up in Illinois and gun ownership was just never part of the dialogue in my family. So it's interesting to me to live in Indiana now, where the gun laws are less restricted. I didn't actually know you could carry in Indiana (open or concealed) until I became interested in purchasing and learning to shoot a gun (needless to say I was glad I didn't live in IL anymore). I've never actually seen anyone OC down here where I live. I probably would have been shocked, to be honest, if I didn't know what the laws were.

It is getting worse and worse here everyday. Quinn will be the end the this state. I cant wait to move out of here.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    It is getting worse and worse here everyday. Quinn will be the end the this state. I cant wait to move out of here.

Yeah I hate that I still have family/close friends living there. I worry about them all the time. If you know where Rockford is, you can probably understand why. Their PD is a joke and for having such restrictive gun laws they have shootings/armed robberies weekly. :(

Top Bottom