• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Lets say that we have more issues with gays than straights.

Based on what? In my era, Tailhook and several scandals with DI's having sex with female recruits were caused by straights, gays were at best in "don't ask, don't tell" mode.

Then gems like this:

According to a 2011 Newsweek report, women are more likely to be assaulted by a fellow soldier than killed in combat. In 2010, according to the Department of Defense’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office there were 3,158 military sexual assaults reported, however the Pentagon’s statistics say that that represents just 13.5 percent of the estimated 19,000 assaults that actually occurred that year.[SUP][11][/SUP] During that period, only 575 of the cases were processed. Of the cases processed, only 96 went to court-martial.[SUP][1][/SUP] Another investigation found that only one in five females and one in 15 males in the United States Air Force would report having been sexually assaulted by service members.
    [SUP][2]

Sexual assault in the United States military - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know this is radical for a lot of you, but gay people are still people. They have the same foibles as straights, the same capacity for good or evil as straights, etc.

[/SUP]

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    They are also passing that lets dig dead soldiers up from national cemeteries law as well... I guess we need to dig every confederate soldier up as well.

Stupid treasonous southern rebels. This will teach you 152 years later

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Based on what? In my era, Tailhook and several scandals with DI's having sex with female recruits were caused by straights, gays were at best in "don't ask, don't tell" mode.

Then gems like this:

According to a 2011 Newsweek report, women are more likely to be assaulted by a fellow soldier than killed in combat. In 2010, according to the Department of Defense’s Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office there were 3,158 military sexual assaults reported, however the Pentagon’s statistics say that that represents just 13.5 percent of the estimated 19,000 assaults that actually occurred that year.[SUP][11][/SUP] During that period, only 575 of the cases were processed. Of the cases processed, only 96 went to court-martial.[SUP][1][/SUP] Another investigation found that only one in five females and one in 15 males in the United States Air Force would report having been sexually assaulted by service members.
    [SUP][2]

Sexual assault in the United States military - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know this is radical for a lot of you, but gay people are still people. They have the same foibles as straights, the same capacity for good or evil as straights, etc.

[/SUP]

Even with my bifocals I was straining to read this :):

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    .. you've decided that anyone who believes homosexuality is immoral is a bigot, I would simply suggest that you be more open minded.

You think he should be open minded about people who are not the least open minded?

Did you hear that noise? That's my Alanis Morissette branded irony meter with automatic reset nearly chattering itself off the shelf. I'm glad I got the deluxe explosion proof model. The standard one would have blown up, and those flying plastic shards can be dangerous.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hah. You are willing to extends rights to the unborn, but not to those already exited the womb. Hypocritical logic, to be sure.

So allowing someone to live instead of being sucked out of what used to be considered the safest place for a child on earth ("Safe as in the Mother's womb" used to be an actual saying...I know...Sounds kind of funny now.) is the same as allowing two people to get married? So marriage is now a right? Really? So single people who have had a hard time finding a spouse can now demand one because it's a "right'?

Simplistic first year College Freshman logic to be sure.

"Are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Life is an "inalienable right" according to the Declaration of Indpendence...Nowhere does it say that marriage is...

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You think he should be open minded about people who are not the least open minded?

The most intolerant, close minded bigots on Earth are the left..Even John Stewart recognizes this and did a great skit at the DNC convention that showed this close minded, bigotry in full bloom...That one dude from Texas really looks like Bill Murray...I mean he even talks like him...I love the smugness of intolerant liberals...They are such sheeple...Follow the Pop Stars and the movie moguls...

"Oh Mommy and Daddy, Harvey Weinstein and Lady Ga Ga get it...Why can't you??

[video=youtube;Pksug2a3H54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pksug2a3H54[/video]

Last edited:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    The most intolerant, close minded bigots on Earth are the left.

One group's close mindedness makes another groups close mindedness better how? I have to regularly remind Democrats that Bush = bad does not mean Obama = good. In that spirit, let me remind you that liberal = bad does not mean anybodyelse = good.

Simplistic first year College Freshman logic to be sure.

The old irony meter is really getting a workout.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One group's close mindedness makes another groups close mindedness better how? I have to regularly remind Democrats that Bush = bad does not mean Obama = good. In that spirit, let me remind you that liberal = bad does not mean anybodyelse = good.

The old irony meter is really getting a workout.

Both my wife and my son have spent a lot of time around theater, both musical theater and other types. Being around "artistic types" we've known our fair share of homosexuals and have managed to interact rationally with them without having to resort to hating them. That we don't approve of their lifestyle - for whatever reason - is our choice. Their apparent desire to overturn institutions in place for thousands of years for their personal pleasure - and their determination that EVERYONE ELSE must be bullied or shouted down or sued until everyone else believes the way THEY do is just exactly as reprehensible as any persecution of them in the past.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Don't blame Gov Fallin, blame the Libs and the gays for pushing such a sick lifestyle on those of us who have served and can't speak out against this kind of filth.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Don't blame Gov Fallin, blame the Libs and the gays for pushing such a sick lifestyle on those of us who have served and can't speak out against this kind of filth.
    So it is better to punish all those spouses that want to apply for benefits to stop a few that you do not like? Makes perfect sense.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting how sometimes some of us don't want the feds telling the states what they have to do and sometimes some of us do.

Homosexual marriage is not a protected right by the Constitution and is left to the states and the people to decide how they wish to govern themselves. Oklahoma has made a decision. If you feel a state-recognized homosexual marriage is a necessity in your life, there are plenty of other states that will oblige you. To look to the federal .gov to impose some current populist cause dejour on a state with regards to an issue not protected by the US Constitution is a form of tyranny many seem to support.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

That has Chris Cooper in American Beauty written all over it ha

probably NSFW
    [video=youtube;8QIqX_UDoIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QIqX_UDoIg[/video]

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Interesting how sometimes some of us don't want the feds telling the states what they have to do and sometimes some of us do.

Homosexual marriage is not a protected right by the Constitution and is left to the states and the people to decide how they wish to govern themselves. Oklahoma has made a decision. If you feel a state-recognized homosexual marriage is a necessity in your life, there are plenty of other states that will oblige you. To look to the federal .gov to impose some current populist cause dejour on a state with regards to an issue not protected by the US Constitution is a form of tyranny many seem to support.

[h=2]AMENDMENT IX[/h]The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

[h=2]AMENDMENT XIV[/h][h=2]SECTION 1.[/h]All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    The 9th and 14th Amendments say you're on the wrong side of the argument. The feds should withdraw federal money for their treatment of the soldiers and their spouses in the NG. There's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees the states funding for their militias. The courts and military have ruled that spousal benefits are to be given to all soldiers, gay or straight. This woman just wants to cut off her nose to spite her face. Way to show respect to the serving members and their families.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The 9th and 14th Amendments say you're on the wrong side of the argument. The feds should withdraw federal money for their treatment of the soldiers and their spouses in the NG. There's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees the states funding for their militias. The courts and military have ruled that spousal benefits are to be given to all soldiers, gay or straight. This woman just wants to cut off her nose to spite her face. Way to show respect to the serving members and their families.

This is certainly the progressive interpretation and winning strategy of advancing their agenda of the last 100 +/- years.

Because the 10th amendment clearly leaves powers not delegated to the feds or prohibited by tbe US Constitution to the states or the people. The 14th was intended, in part, to prevent the states from treating people differently regarding their laws, not surrender states' autonomy to the feds. But you are right, the "winning argument" is to tend towards federal .gov tyranny over the states and the people.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom