Why do people now think Sig is better than Glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :+1: I can't help it. That's the sweetest handgun that I don't have... yet.

Damn, I'm so predictable!

226side1.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why do I see alot of Glock haters latley swearing that Sig is better?I don't own either one.I have always heard Glock is the most reliable handgun in the world.It would be nice to hear some opinions.

Sig paid the producers of NCIS to mention Sig, Sig Saur, and 357 sig four or five times in every episode.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Dude, for years I was a 1911 fan of the early 80's, then a Smith and Wesson model of the month member in the late 80's, then came GLOCK, and I have never looked back. However, I do own a Sig P226 and if I didnt have a Glock (or two) thats definatly what I would carry. Nothing wrong with a Sig, but the Glock is just better overall.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As an interesting side note--there were, I believe (rhino can correct me if I'm wrong) two or three Berettas--and ALL of them broke over the course of two days of shooting.

One of them was broken while it was in the guy's holster before we fired the first shots. He was in line next to me and we discovered it when doing the drill where the other guy cycles the slide so the shooter feel where the trigger reset.

As Mr. Farnam noted, reliability/function are and never were a problem with Berettas. Durability was and continues to be a problem though.

The one Beretta that did not break was the gun used by one of the instructors (Glock21 on here) on one of the two days.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I think more people are tired of the Glock-hater hype...

Ever notice how it's always gun-X vs Glock? ;)

And there it is. Calling people "Glock-hater" for daring to compare their beloved Glock with another handgun.

Always Gun-X vs Glock? Sure. Except for when it's Ruger/S&W, Taurus/Beretta, M1911/M9, Colt/S&W, HK/Sig, DPMS/Olympic, FN/Browning, or any of the other makers discussed.
    :laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    And there it is. Calling people "Glock-hater" for daring to compare their beloved Glock with another handgun.

I didn't call anyone a glock hater for "daring to compare" anything, you can't deny the fact that some on this board will hate as soon as any thread about a Glock is posted. It's not a myth, it's an indisputable fact.

Always Gun-X vs Glock? Sure. Except for when it's Ruger/S&W, Taurus/Beretta, M1911/M9, Colt/S&W, HK/Sig, DPMS/Olympic, FN/Browning, or any of the other makers discussed.
    :laugh:

laugh all you want, those threads are rare as ammo at walmart.

Last edited:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I didn't call anyone a glock hater for "daring to compare" anything, you can't deny the fact that some on this board will hate as soon as any thread about a Glock is posted. It's not a myth, it's an indisputable fact.

There are also people on this board that will jump all over someone who says anything bad about Glock.

P.S. Remember the vast majority of the "hating" is just good natured ribbing for the sake of humor.

Last edited:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    My tip is, buy what you like! But for the guys that say: "I wouldn't ever own a Glock"! Think about it a little! Unless you aren't a serious firearm person! I like them all, but always go back to the Sig and Glock! All the best for all of you and your families shooter@5(4)life! :patriot:

Don't you think those of us that fit that category have thought about it and looked into it and came out of it with that conclusion. While I really can't speak for anyone else it was researching and and trying glocks that made me say I would never own one. I've said before that at one time I really wanted to like them. It is not as simple as "glock hating." Do you not want to admit the possibility that some of us gave glock a fare shake and found it lacking?

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    100_1893.jpg

I can see both sides of the issue. :D

I like the Glock for its utter simplicity. The manual of arms is as simple as possible for a handgun. The reason I like that is because it speeds up training and allows you to become proficient very quickly.

On the other hand, I appreciate the decock feature of the Sigs. It really does come in handy sometimes.

If i had to pick between them though, I would choose the CZ. :)

Top Bottom