Why bother with the GOP if this is all it has to offer?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can count on zero fingers the number of trans- murderers I've dealt with. A hand full of robberies, including one who's African immigrant family did *not* take it well when they saw him dressed like a woman doing a robbery (more upset about that than the robbery, I think). I'm not real worried. I remember when INGO was all about 'bring it on Soiboy' and now you're scared the 2nd amendment applies to a group of people, some of whom are violent? I guess there's no way that line of thinking could go poorly. I wonder who does more shootings, trans- or incels? Maybe virgins shouldn't be eligible for legal gun ownership.

Jenner did buy a gun, IIRC. I'm surprised we're not all dead already.
    So violent mentally ill people with firearms doesn't worry you. Gotcha.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If anyone were deemed to be dangerous she should have been. But you think that every trans person should have their rights taken away?
    Are all transgenders violent? Are all wanting to commit murder or beat people up because they disagree with them?

Is it lawful to threaten people with violence? Or do violence to others?
    Is it lawful for a violent person to write a manifesto detailing how they are going to murder innocents, and why?
    Would that be protected by the 1st Amendment? Since it is written document of one's feelings aka free expression.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are all transgenders violent?
    No.
    Are all wanting to commit murder or beat people up because they disagree with them?
    No.
    Is it lawful to threaten people with violence?
    No.
    Or do violence to others?
    No.
    Is it lawful for a violent person to write a manifesto detailing how they are going to murder innocents, and why?
    Yes.
    Would that be protected by the 1st Amendment? Since it is written document of one's feelings aka free expression.
    Yes.

But, being too violent to be allowed to exercise a basic human right is something that must be determined case by case. So what do you think about red flag laws? is it better to adjudicate case by case, or just say, no, we can't take chances with this whole group of people so we'll just blanket exclude them from this right.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    This thread seems to have taken a turn where it is no longer about the OP’s post. Here is my final take on this, and then I am done with this thread, just seems to be too far off the rails of the original.
    1. the GOP needs to recruit whoever they can that believe in freedom and less government.
    2. I don’t give an effwhat sexual orientation, gender you think you are, etc. as long as you don’t force it on me.
    3. Religion, in a personal sense is fine. I agree this country was founded on a strong bed of Christianity, but they also didn’t require you to be one to live here.
    4. I am suspicious and wary of politicians who cloak themselves in religion. I think it is fine to have a moral compass that is guided by it, but I want the religious aspect left out of policy and law. There is not a single example in history where religious concepts, put into law and enforced on the masses, has turned out well.
    5. Freedom reigns supreme. Recruit those that believe in that and let’s move on to better times. If their religious views don’t align with yours, not your problem, they will answer (or not depending on your view) at a later time and not to you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No.

No.

No.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

But, being too violent to be allowed to exercise a basic human right is something that must be determined case by case. So what do you think about red flag laws? is it better to adjudicate case by case, or just say, no, we can't take chances with this whole group of people so we'll just blanket exclude them from this right.
    I agree . To protect a free or somewhat free society of ours today there is certain amount of violence, and death one has to accept.
    As you point out if freedom can be taken from a minority group no matter how violent they are it can be taken from anyone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1) have you ever bought a cold beer on Sunday?
    2) have you ever waited until the last moment to merge into a reduced lane on the interstate?
    3) did you ever secretly sneak a case of bud light out the store by disguising it as Stroh's?

4472) have you watched a football game where any player knelt for the national anthem?
    4473) have you ever had non-mish sex?

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I just had a thought, and I don't believe it has ever happened. I now want every candidate for any office to be asked two questions. If anything, just to get them on record!
    1. What views do you not share with your political party that will benefit your constituents?
    2. How do you plan on fighting your party over these issues?

We have Rino's but not Dino"s? oops that me just thinking out loud! lol

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just had a thought, and I don't believe it has ever happened. I now want every candidate for any office to be asked two questions. If anything, just to get them on record!
    1. What views do you not share with your political party that will benefit your constituents?

yeah. Go listen to Jimmy Dore. He talks about DINO's. So does Cenk Uygur.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    1) have you ever bought a cold beer on Sunday?
    2) have you ever waited until the last moment to merge into a reduced lane on the interstate?
    3) did you ever secretly sneak a case of bud light out the store by disguising it as Stroh's?

4472) have you watched a football game where any player knelt for the national anthem?
    4473) have you ever had non-mish sex?

4474) Have you transported a person across state lines for the purpose of obtaining a beer on Sunday?

4475) Does your church perform gay weddings?

4476) Do you believe in coincidences?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    2. I don’t give an effwhat sexual orientation, gender you think you are, etc. as long as you don’t force it on me.
    How long did it take to go from 'We just want to be free to love whomever we want' to 'Bake the cake!'

How long do you think it will take to go from 'We were just born in the wrong body' to 'We'll take your kids away from you if you won't allow us to mutilate them provide gender affirming 'care'

Oh, sorry - we're already there. The whole idea seems to be to force acceptance of the preferred narrative on us

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    How long did it took to go from 'We just want to be free to love whomever we want' to 'Bake the cake!'

How long do you think it will take to go from 'We were just born in the wrong body' to 'We'll take your kids away from you if you won't allow us to mutilate them provide gender affirming 'care'

Oh, sorry - we're already there. The whole idea seems to be to force acceptance of the preferred narrative on us

This is the big thing people are missing when they think that these issues fall on the side of liberty.

They don't, because a core component of the ideology behind that is forcing other's participation, either through social punishment, or legal punishment.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched them reject the concept of civil unions, when it would have been a compromise that appeased almost everyone in the nation. Demonstrating legal tolerance for their freedoms, while also respecting the rights and dignity of the rest of the country who isn't keen on it.

Instead what we get is radical and violent objection to anyone who doesn't fully accept this distorted world view, with a constantly shifting goal post, that's already treading into the most crazy slippery slope "fallacies" that were made when gay marriage was being discussed.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Congratulations on your first thought. It gets easier from there.

I am up to 3.

Top Bottom