Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You can do what you want 100% of the time. I'll even go as far as to tell you how to get high, legality at that. On a warm sunny day, drive in the slow lane of the Dan Ryan with your vents open. Don't forget to breath deep.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I don't think the cartels/gangs would just throw their hands up and say "Oh well, I guess I'll get a real job." They will start pushing harder stuff to make money. Like heroin. Pot is unlikely to kill a high schooler, heroin however is another story.

I don't see the harm in leaving pot illegal.

The feds didn't see the harm in making alcohol illegal either. Could you please tell me who is the Al Capone of today still selling moonshine and leaving dead bodies along the way?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason by making crimes of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which this nation was founded.

Abraham Lincoln

Or we can take it from self appointed morality police that drugs are bad, mkay?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    What is business man to do if he was squeezed out of a profitable market? Close shop? Or find a new product?

Honest Abe? I thought the guys that go around calling people statist are always half a paragraph from calling him the great satin. But, as long as it fits the narrative...

So, in this new America, are there still prescription drugs? Or can they be sold at lemonade stands?

Will employers still be able to "weed" out a job candidate based on THC levels? Or is that discrimination? But, it's legal man! The new protected class.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've got no problem of legalization of pretty much everything as along as before it is legalized the punishments are put in place that are severe enough so that when you violate the rights/lives/limbs of another citizen you have an eye for an eye or even more punishment.

Ferinstance...if you cause a wreck that causes injury while drunk/stoned/brain dead you get a minimum of 7yrs, no possibility of parole. If you kill someone, then the death penalty with no appeal. I don't care why you thought you needed to be drunk/stoned/brain dead while driving, those excuses are over. If the end result is someone dead and you test positive then game over man.

Now then; once the responsibility is in place we can talk, until then no thank you very much.
    +1

Should work the same for alcohol. Use the drug, accept the responsibility.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    What is business man to do if he was squeezed out of a profitable market? Close shop? Or find a new product?

Honest Abe? I thought the guys that go around calling people statist are always half a paragraph from calling him the great satin. But, as long as it fits the narrative...

So, in this new America, are there still prescription drugs? Or can they be sold at lemonade stands?

Will employers still be able to "weed" out a job candidate based on THC levels? Or is that discrimination? But, it's legal man! The new protected class.

I haven't said anything about stats or statists... not that you have provided any of either..

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Numbers, words...

So... 877 people say they want it legalized... Now that changes things! (purple where implied)

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    you mean publicly elected morality police should appease a small minority that want legal pot.

No. There should be no 'morality' police and the government should focus on protecting life and property rights.

This is really not complicated. There is a certain amount of money to be made, currently, selling black market marijuana. Without government regulations, that amount of money drops to zero. In fact, you can expect other competing sectors of the black market to shrink as marijuana becomes easier and cheaper to obtain.

When the black market shrinks, the number of participants will also necessarily shrink. This is simple economics.

Honest Abe? I thought the guys that go around calling people statist are always half a paragraph from calling him the great satin.

lol

Prescription drugs are an entirely new discussion. If you'd like to start a new thread on that, I'll gladly participate.

They are not currently protected in any way. Employers are welcome to drug test. I would suggest that we do not make drug users a 'protected' class. In fact, I would suggest that we abolish all 'protected' classes.

That said, your argument is a classic example of the logical fallacy known as the "red herring", and is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Oh goody. Is it legal or not? Can you be fired or not hired because you own a gun?

Medical MJ has a prescription, does it not? So is the whole Medical MJ thing a legalization farce?

The fact you think that the people making money from MJ are just going to stop doing criminal things to make money is laughable.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    This is really not complicated. There is a certain amount of money to be made, currently, selling black market marijuana. Without government regulations, that amount of money drops to zero. In fact, you can expect other competing sectors of the black market to shrink as marijuana becomes easier and cheaper to obtain.

When the black market shrinks, the number of participants will also necessarily shrink. This is simple

when "approved" pot is $400 an ounce, there will still be a black market. Then the war on drugs becomes a war on unapproved drugs.
    politicians gonna make that tax money

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Oh goody. Is it legal or not? Can you be fired or not hired because you own a gun?

What?

Medical MJ has a prescription, does it not? So is the whole Medical MJ thing a legalization farce?

What?

The fact you think that the people making money from MJ are just going to stop doing criminal things to make money is laughable.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Employment in this sector is highly volatile. Many end up in jail or dead. As the cycle continues, it will attract fewer and fewer new participants as the profit levels drop.

Will the criminals stop being criminals? Probably not that often. If there is no profit to be made, will it continue to attract non-criminals to a criminal life? Of course not. This is how it shrinks.

when "approved" pot is $400 an ounce, there will still be a black market. Then the war on drugs becomes a war on unapproved drugs.
    politicians gonna make that tax money

I agree, that's why we need to scale back regulations as far as possible. Like I said, somewhere near the regulations that we have on alcohol would almost entirely eliminate the black market surrounding it. Of course, I'd prefer that it was treated like any other agricultural commodity and sold at farmer's markets on the side of the road. But I'd settle for minimal regulations.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Of course, I'd prefer that it was treated like any other agricultural commodity and sold at farmer's markets on the side of the road. But I'd settle for minimal regulations.

You mean like corn and melons sold out of a truck?

Is there Amish pot in your world, they can sell it like eggs and milk.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    No comprendo? If MJ is legal, you cannot choose to use a pre-employment THC screening as a tool for "high"ring, anymore they someone can ask if you are a legal gun owner (this being a gun forum and all).

Then you said prescription drugs are another subject, and I disagreed.

So, like a self-cleaning oven, legalization is going to fix the ghetto? Cause they can afford regulated MJ... Just don't be selling any Looseys.

Top Bottom