• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What training requirements should be implemented?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I went to collage, did very well

If you say so.
    willy_nilly.gif

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    What would be so wrong with a class with just the basics regarding safety and operation.

Yesterday "Sunday" I was at On Target in Kalamazoo, there was a guy there "looked to be in his mid to later 20's" with his wife who didn't know the difference between a .22 rimfire and a .223 center fire. Yup folks they are out there.

You should not be carrying a gun.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Absolutly untrue, I just feel a basic course would be very helpful for those who would obviously need it. Its beyond my comprehension what would be wrong with this. Basic safety rules and basic teaching of the operation of said firearm would harm no one and really help those that need it.

If you or anyone else here doesn't get the common sense issue you are just ignoring the facts of life all around you.

But as said earlier, If the shoe fits!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Also as I said earlier, no internet argument is going to change my mind. Nothing wrong with a little extra education.

You have made it clear that you do not accept keeping and bearing arms as a right, but rather as a conditional privilege. You are in favor of 'common sense' restrictions like mandatory training. You have made it clear that your position is not open to be reconsidered. That said, I have no idea in the universe why you would be on INGO. Given that I like to be helpful even to the most obtuse of people, I have found a web forum that I believe would be much more agreeable to your position:

Brady's Campaign

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    You have made it clear that you do not accept keeping and bearing arms as a right, but rather as a conditional privilege. You are in favor of 'common sense' restrictions like mandatory training. You have made it clear that your position is not open to be reconsidered. That said, I have no idea in the universe why you would be in INGO. Given that I like to be helpful even to the most obtuse of people, I have found a web forum that I believe would be much more agreeable to your position:

Brady's Campaign

Your reply is ridiculous.

Furthermore the 2nd Amendment is a right. But with that right comes responsibilities which may need to be learned thru being taught, as in training. People are not born with knowledge, it is acquired thru learning.

Its obvious this is hard to comprehend.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    So sorry my spelling isn't the best. So let me get this straight, i must be stupid, because i don't spell every word perfectly? I didn't realize i was surrounded by infallible, super genius people. Good thing you are all so much smarter, and i love how a lot of you didn't read the whole thing, but know exactly what i think, and who I am. I will make sure I won't post a new topic from now on, it seems as though free thought is not tolerated, and must be misrepresented, and stopped at all cost.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Your reply is ridiculous.

Furthermore the 2nd Amendment is a right. But with that right comes responsibilities which may need to be learned thru being taught, as in training. People are not born with knowledge, it is acquired thru learning.

Its obvious this is hard to comprehend.

Nothing hard to comprehend about it. Voluntary training is a great thing. Mandatory training as a prerequisite for exercising a right is clear evidence that such a right no longer exists by virtue of having been converted into a conditional privilege. Since you signally fail to grasp the concept, the difference between a right and a privilege is that a right is unconditional with rare exceptions for those who are segregated from the free population by virtue of having been adjudicated as dangerous to society (i.e., put in prison). A privilege, by contrast, is a freedom offered at the pleasure of the body of government issuing it subject to the government's terms, conditions, and option to revoke as it sees fit.

Nothing about my reply was anything approaching ridiculous. If you don't like that type of response, quit sounding like Sarah Brady. I don't know what to tell you other than that if the shoe fits, wear it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yup, I suppose so. Just as much as needing to present a photo ID to vote.

That is the most asinine thing you have come up with all day. The ID requirement is not a performance-based requirement but rather simple proof that you are indeed a citizen voting in the precinct in which you are registered. A fitting parallel would be the 'literacy tests' that were used in some places to prevent certain people from being able to vote.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    If you don't like that type of response, quit sounding like Sarah Brady. I don't know what to tell you other than that if the shoe fits, wear it.

This reply is also ridiculous, and no the shoe doesn't fit.

Other than that, whatever you say Davey boy!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    How so? Explain in detail.

Well lets See, You have a uninfringable right to keep,carry, clean, possess, use, buy sell trade, collect, hide bury, lose in a boat accident; Firearms.

Uninfringable. You should upset with licensing, training, NICS checks, AWB's, NFA in perpetuity. All these are infringements on your Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Safety classes, Licensing, NICS Checks are all small attacks on your right. If the .GOV or Liberal hippy pot smoking the world is peachy types Just out right said guns are illegal you would raise a stink.

But, If the .GovLiberal Hippies just make tiny attacks or regulations you dont seem to care.

The whole Parable of the Frog in the boiling water comes to mind(not talking about Sylvain)

Voter ID does not prevent you from voting. You have a Right to cast a vote for yourself, Voter ID ensures that you are casting your own vote and not someone else voting in your stead.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Your lack of sufficient training.

Being as you do not know me, what do you base that on.

If its only the fact I believe that gun owners should at least know the requirements of safe gun handling and basic knowledge of the operation of their firearm you are totally missing my point. Can not see what is wrong with that.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

If its only the fact I believe that gun owners should at least know the requirements of safe gun handling and basic knowledge of the operation of their firearm you are totally missing my point. Can not see what is wrong with that.

Indicating that you would mandate it and apparently bar people who fail to meet what you consider 'reasonable' standards is what is wrong with it.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy

That's not enough.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Well lets See, You have a uninfringable right to keep,carry, clean, possess, use, buy sell trade, collect, hide bury, lose in a boat accident; Firearms.

Uninfringable. You should upset with licensing, training, NICS checks, AWB's, NFA in perpetuity. All these are infringements on your Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Safety classes, Licensing, NICS Checks are all small attacks on your right. If the .GOV or Liberal hippy pot smoking the world is peachy types Just out right said guns are illegal you would raise a stink.

But, If the .GovLiberal Hippies just make tiny attacks or regulations you dont seem to care.

The whole Parable of the Frog in the boiling water comes to mind(not talking about Sylvain)

Voter ID does not prevent you from voting. You have a Right to cast a vote for yourself, Voter ID ensures that you are casting your own vote and not someone else voting in your stead.

Like I said, Whatever you say Davy boy!

Top Bottom