• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    My father n law bought me a Henry 2 years ago, he didnt have any sons, and I took my first deer with it this past year .

It's definitely an amazing gun that I'll hand down one day . Fun to shoot, reliable, and just pretty to look at .

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I read way too many Louis L'Amour books growing up to not have lever guns as an adult. I took one to steel challenge awhile back and was impressed with the lack of recoil, pointability, and smooth action. It's a well thought out piece of art.
    Bingo...I grew up reading Louis L'Amour books...still have about 75 of them...wishing the kids would embrace reading them, but the iPhone and internet interferes too much with individual growth and maturation nowadays!
    I've had several lever-action rifles over the years and sold a few...Marlin 336Y in .30-30, Winchester 94 in .30-30, etc.
    I still have a 94 in .357 magnum (in a 16" trapper model) and I want a 94 in .45 Colt (also in a trapper model)...they're just classic!

Last edited:

stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City
    I think for me it's the smooth but mechanical action that attracts me to lever guns. There's something just natural about the motion of cycling one. I've got a stainless Rossi .45 LC, a henry evil roy .22 and a big boy brass .45 LC with the large loop. I'd really like to get a small loop for the .45 henry because of the extra play that it creates. It just doesn't seem as smooth as the other 2.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Speaking of smooth, I got rid of an early 80s Marlin 1894cs because I didn't like the gritty action. I'm sure it just needed a bit of polishing but given its age I felt it should've been worn in by now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2024
    Terre Haute
    I think a part of it is the media you grew up with as a kid, my grandpa loved lever guns and revolvers and grew up with all of the classic westerns, while i grew up with alot of media the focused on the first and second World War and i am much more interested in the guns of that period.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Why are lever actions so cool you say? Because working their action is like a bit of history. Nothing beats the feel of a buttery smooth lever gun. They just feel right just like a 1911 feels right.
    Like this less than six months old Winchester Miroku 1886 in .45-70!
    It’s a blast to handle and shoot, literally!
    IMG_0444.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom