• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twinsen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Maybe it’s just me but I’ve been around this hobby for 30-40 years and it seems like a large percentage of people are so odd. To me it’s just something I like but a lot of times either trying to buy or sell something it seems like the other person is just really difficult and awkward. If you’re buying or selling something it’s not a national security issue. Maybe I’m too relaxed about it since I grew up with them my whole life but I just have a hard time having a normal conversation sometimes and people making a decision. If I say I’ll be somewhere then that’s what I’m doing. I don’t know maybe I’m just being dramatic. Lol
    Not just you. There are a lot of "gun people" that have relaxed safety standards or unhealthy visions of the day they get to take to the streets with their guns. Or haven't grown up from ninja's attacking at any moment mentality, eager to be the hero or something. Or they are just excited about guns and they lack a proper decorum.
    I may come across as difficult or awkward because I am on guard when involved in p2p sales. I once had a meet up with an individual, who during the exchange, decided that I needed to know what firearm he carried with. So, he proceeded to take it out and show me without asking if I had any interest.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not just you. There are a lot of "gun people" that have relaxed safety standards or unhealthy visions of the day they get to take to the streets with their guns. Or haven't grown up from ninja's attacking at any moment mentality, eager to be the hero or something. Or they are just excited about guns and they lack a proper decorum.
    I may come across as difficult or awkward because I am on guard when involved in p2p sales. I once had a meet up with an individual, who during the exchange, decided that I needed to know what firearm he carried with. So, he proceeded to take it out and show me without asking if I had any interest.

A lot of folks just don't know, never did know or it all went over their head when instructed.

Sadly this can even happen with "seasoned" gun owners. "Grew up with guns" folks, military trained folks and even law enforcement.

I had a gent observing a shooting competition come chat with me away from the crowds. He soon become comfortable enough to take out his carry pistol to show it to me, on the cold range. :n00b:

All that said, I'd be careful about blanket statements regarding relaxed safety standards. There are a lot more of us these days, thus the percentage of those who don't know what they don't know is higher.

Remember that the numbers show that Obama was the "biggest gun seller" ever. Can only guess what all of the dems these days do to those numbers with their anti-gun narrative, much less with their "defund the police" and high crime ignorance?

:twocents:

Last edited:

Michigan Slim

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Selling something, I can see why people would get akward. You’ve had it a long time, you’ve examined every crevice, looked into every detail. Many, many times you’ve sat around in your underwear, alone, grabbed some lubrication and rubbed it down, an oily rag up and down the barrel, polished the wood. You’ve spent so much time with it in your hands, sometimes so much time with it in your pants. Now you are meeting someone else, and he is going to rub it down, back and forth, up and down the same barrel you’ve oiled. Quite possibly he is going to get an iwb holster, and he too will carry it in his pants. It can be a very akward personal thing parting with something you’ve put so much time into.

….please don’t ban me
    I will never buy another used gun ever....

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Poverty pistol, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    giphy.webp

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Selling something, I can see why people would get akward. You’ve had it a long time, you’ve examined every crevice, looked into every detail. Many, many times you’ve sat around in your underwear, alone, grabbed some lubrication and rubbed it down, an oily rag up and down the barrel, polished the wood. You’ve spent so much time with it in your hands, sometimes so much time with it in your pants. Now you are meeting someone else, and he is going to rub it down, back and forth, up and down the same barrel you’ve oiled. Quite possibly he is going to get an iwb holster, and he too will carry it in his pants. It can be a very akward personal thing parting with something you’ve put so much time into.

….please don’t ban me
    Ah, the ol’ twigs and berries.
    The newbs around here need to read up on that one.

Jay Gnome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Maybe it’s just me but I’ve been around this hobby for 30-40 years and it seems like a large percentage of people are so odd. To me it’s just something I like but a lot of times either trying to buy or sell something it seems like the other person is just really difficult and awkward. If you’re buying or selling something it’s not a national security issue. Maybe I’m too relaxed about it since I grew up with them my whole life but I just have a hard time having a normal conversation sometimes and people making a decision. If I say I’ll be somewhere then that’s what I’m doing. I don’t know maybe I’m just being dramatic. Lol
    A lot of people who are into weapons of any kind aren't that smart. Not to be mean or whatever but just talk to people and you'll be able to figure it out pretty fast. Weapons are cool though so I dont blame em.

Top Bottom