• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    People are strange. Gun owners are strange and own guns... :dunno:

I'd place money on being a more active participant on INGO mostly solving this for you?

Just sayin, ALL the INGOers I've traded with over the years, newbies and all, have instantly become my friend. Often our meets go on and on...

:ingo:

I was going to say the same thing. I've met a lot of fantastic people buying and selling through the classifieds here on INGO.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    man, I remember B/S/T’ing guns on Craigslist & Armslist about 10yr ago - those were strange people. even a couple guys on gunbroker have been odd.

sites like this though kinda weed those folks out. might not have as many potential buyers, but I’m also not as paranoid about these buyers
    Thoroughly. No strange people here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most collectors (cars, guns, coins ect) are a little different, they are an expert on some weird sub sect of what there collecting and are afraid of someone stealing from them or knowing more then them.....

For me collecting is a great experience, the hunting, acquisition, and learning that comes both during, and after. Lastly comes the sharing, the passing on of the collected knowledge and the items themselves to the next caretakers.:)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Guess I hit the trifecta of weirdness since my hobbies are shooting, ham radio and bicycling.

At least I no longer live in Kokomo...
    Well that is quite the odd trifecta. As long as you aren't still playing with Lego's we can let you hang around. Just try not to be weird lol
    I don't know about the whole bicycling thing

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Gun owners are not strange! It’s the woke left wing libtards that are strange in every respect! They hate the Constitution and are ideologically retarded, anti-American and just plain POS! :poop:!

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Armslist was the wild West of the secondhand gun market. I don't miss it at all. It's hard to find a good deal anywhere anymore. As for odd birds, I think most people are a bit off one way or another. I've had really good luck here with cool people that know what they want and are polite, straight to the point, and cool to talk to for a bit.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Selling something, I can see why people would get akward. You’ve had it a long time, you’ve examined every crevice, looked into every detail. Many, many times you’ve sat around in your underwear, alone, grabbed some lubrication and rubbed it down, an oily rag up and down the barrel, polished the wood. You’ve spent so much time with it in your hands, sometimes so much time with it in your pants. Now you are meeting someone else, and he is going to rub it down, back and forth, up and down the same barrel you’ve oiled. Quite possibly he is going to get an iwb holster, and he too will carry it in his pants. It can be a very akward personal thing parting with something you’ve put so much time into.

….please don’t ban me

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    So far I've had good luck meeting up with people from here. I've seen some really strange people at gun shows though.

Somehow my dad always seems to attract them and he gets sucked into a weird 10 minute conversation. The last one we were at I noticed he was stopped a couple tables back. When I walked back to see if he found something, I heard a woman telling him something about Jesus being imprisoned on the moon, to which I just turned around and walked away lol.

Top Bottom