Who's volunteering at the NRA show and in what capacity?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    Just got my e-mail from Gayle " Firearms Examiner " Thursday 3:00 - 7:00 pm and Friday 7:30 - 10:00 am. Will check and see what else might be needed while down there. Glad to be able to help out!

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Just curious... what is a 'Firearms Examiner'? Sorry if this should be obvious....

I believe they ensure that the exhibit firearms on display have been disabled. From the NRA website:

FIREARMS EXAMINERS:
    Firearms examiners examine all the firearms in the exhibit hall. Volunteers must have a vast working knowledge of firearms and are required to fill out a registration form. This venue is on Thursday evening late into the evening and Friday morning. Some volunteers are used throughout the event to double check.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Volunteered for "anything that needed doing and anytime" on Thursday through Saturday. Was told by Gayle that I will be helping set up NRA Store on Thursday and Membership Services on Friday and Saturday. Have not yet received the official notice as to times. Am on Gayle's call list if anything else needs help. She said they usually have a 10% "no show" rate. Let's show NRA that we are more dependable than that.
    Thursday is my 44th wedding anniversury. Guess the wife will have to wait till Sunday this year.

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I believe they ensure that the exhibit firearms on display have been disabled. From the NRA website:

FIREARMS EXAMINERS:
    Firearms examiners examine all the firearms in the exhibit hall. Volunteers must have a vast working knowledge of firearms and are required to fill out a registration form. This venue is on Thursday evening late into the evening and Friday morning. Some volunteers are used throughout the event to double check.

Usually check to make sure the firing pin is either removed or ground short

I figured it was something along those lines. Thanks.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    I'll be at the Appleseed Booth #2945 all weekend, make sure to stop by and check out our biggest booth to date!
    Oh and don't forget the Libertyseed Friday night at 7 at the War Memorial.

HH

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Did you notice the air gun range is next to the wall of Guns? I'm catholic . I may be out of cash by the end of the weekend :)

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    :(Anyone else get the email yesterday from Gayle that they have too many people signed up to work the air gun range? Seems she looked at getting 24 per shift and just realized that it was only 12 per shift they needed but she is going to try to use 16, some people planning to volunteer are not going to be doing it now.

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Yup.. was scheduled Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday all day. Now i just have t Thursday afternoon and maybe Saturday afternoon/eve shift. No biggie it shows the gun community is willing and able to step up and help up.
    I've been involved in other organizations where the roof would have to collapse to get people out of the chair to do anything. So it's all good!

:(Anyone else get the email yesterday from Gayle that they have too many people signed up to work the air gun range? Seems she looked at getting 24 per shift and just realized that it was only 12 per shift they needed but she is going to try to use 16, some people planning to volunteer are not going to be doing it now.

Top Bottom