• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm thinking about picking up some new gear for this fishing season. Maybe some Simms G3 stockingfoots. I exclusively river/stream fish. Either wading or kayaking. Nothing like being in the habitat with your quarry.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm thinking about picking up some new gear for this fishing season. Maybe some Simms G3 stockingfoots. I exclusively river/stream fish. Either wading or kayaking. Nothing like being in the habitat with your quarry.
    If you're interested in kayak fishing, make sure you check out Yakangler.com. Tons of good info and a great forum to boot. There are also two groups on Facebook you should check out, Central Indiana Kayak Anglers and Northeast Indiana Kayak Anglers. Great bunch of guys to fish with, and the Central Indiana group has a few tournaments scheduled for this year I believe.

Couple a buddies of mine are fishing down in Florida this week and it's killing me!

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County

Love mine. I picked them up a couple months ago when they were clearing out the old (2013) stock. I paired them with the guide boots, and couldn't be happier.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Jut got my new fishing license and got the trout stamp - $28.00 total! I've never been trout fishing before but since they stock trout at a city pond in Terre Haute and behind the dam at Raccoon Lake, I figure I would try and go after one or two. I know when it comes to bass plastic worms are the thing. What about trout (the kind of trout release into creeks and behind dams)? What's the easiest and sure thing to catch trout with?

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Jut got my new fishing license and got the trout stamp - $28.00 total! I've never been trout fishing before but since they stock trout at a city pond in Terre Haute and behind the dam at Raccoon Lake, I figure I would try and go after one or two. I know when it comes to bass plastic worms are the thing. What about trout (the kind of trout release into creeks and behind dams)? What's the easiest and sure thing to catch trout with?

I'm guessing they stock brown trout. Maybe rainbow as well, but I'm not sure what water you're talking about. Time to get a fly rod. If you are addicted to fishing now, just wait.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Last season I asked about wetting line before tightening the knot on hooks. Some or most said it's good do that. I disagreed. I know believe - it's good to do it! So much easier to tie knots and get them to cinch down nicely when wet.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm set for the spring/summer. Got one rod with six pound Sufix mono hi-vis yellow! I'm going to try to focus on line watching and see if those bass are scared of yellow line or not. Also got Stren six pound clear/blue fluorescent mono to compare against the Sufix yellow mono line. Last year I used Sufix six pound clear mono and had good results. So I'm going to see how well these colored lines do. And of course I have my eight pound Stren low-vis green mono rod and ten pound Stren low-vis green mono rod.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Last season I asked about wetting line before tightening the knot on hooks. Some or most said it's good do that. I disagreed. I know believe - it's good to do it! So much easier to tie knots and get them to cinch down nicely when wet.
    I agree it is a lot easier, especially for thicker line. I just put a drop of spit or water on my tippet when putting the lure/fly on.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Got the boat pulled out, popped on the new 2014 DNR lake permit. Scooped out all of the leaves/sticks and will take her over tomorrow to the car was for a power wash. Forgot to buy a new tarp before all the cold weather hit.

Will be on the water tomorrow afternoon trying to learn how to crappie fish a little more.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Any body ever use hi-vis yellow line like from Sufix? I bought some six pound hi-vis yellow mono Sufix line and look forward to trying it. I've been reading online to different opinion - one is bass can be spooked by yellow line and another opinion is that bass are not smart enough to be worried about the line color. I shall see this spring. If I were to bet though, I say bass are not yellow line shy.

Top Bottom