• Who Will Be Trump’s VP Pick?

• Total voters

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I want to hear what Vance has to say about how any nurse who refuses the jab needs to be fired. Somebody needs to ask this and get an answer from him. Where do you stand now and in the future.
    Look at post #134, click to expand the links according to this he was being sarcastic
    Thats all I know about it, don't know if he's said anything about it

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He didn’t other than in an obviously sarcastic post that has been trotted out by those that want to hurt the ticket.

View attachment 366496
    Yep...Saw that and it was discussed previously when GFGT brought it up...Obvious sarcasm within the context of his opposition to forced covid vaccine and mask mandates.

Snopes has a rundown on the comment here.

Last edited:

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    " JD Vance has shown his bi partisanship abilities by get unlikely co-sponsors Pelosi, Schumer, and Cortez to his CMP (civilian marksmanship program) refunding bill"

Would like to make it a meme can’t think of a good picture though

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I watched Hillbilly Elegy last night on Netflix.

I appreciate rags to riches stories and respect what he’s accomplished vs where he began.

But it was not enough to make me think he’d make a good eventual POTUS or lead the MAGA movement, which has to be the plan, right?

Or is he there just to help win Ohio?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I haven't looked into Vance enough to have an opinion yet, but my foreman is from Ohio and says he doesn't care for him. And a lot of people in Ohio don't either

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I watched Hillbilly Elegy last night on Netflix.

I appreciate rags to riches stories and respect what he’s accomplished vs where he began.

But it was not enough to make me think he’d make a good eventual POTUS or lead the MAGA movement, which has to be the plan, right?

Or is he there just to help win Ohio?
    A major part -- but not all -- is to help bring along Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and some of Pennsylvania. No hope for making a dent in Illinois.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'll probably take a beating, but here goes it...

JD's entire existence appears constructed.

Respectfully, what successful politician on the national stage, past or present, does that not apply to? Especially post-social media era. They are all packaged marketing sound bites vs 'real people' in the political arena, carefully managed by expensive PR firms and marketing experts.

And even though I know that, his particular brand still tugs at me. Trump doesn't need to appeal to Trump voters. He can **** in their cereal and they'll thank him for it. He doesn't need to appeal to Biden voters. He can **** them a stack of gold eggs and they'll complain they were too hard to stack. He needs to appeal to the undecided or hesitant, people who think they both suck but for different reasons. I honestly thing Vance is a pretty good choice because of that. Or maybe I'm just reading my personal reaction too broadly.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have never seen Vance speak live.

2 things I notice.

He did not memorize a speech.
    He is doing well hitting talking points and target groups(who would have thought recovering addicts and those close to them would be hit...was not on my bingo card either?).

I think he is doing well 95+% of the time.
    Still live.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yep I had the same feeling he was a liberal Democrat running with an R beside his name.
    I still do not consider him a conservative or constitutionalist. I voted for Ben Carson back then in the primary. This time I voted for Trump because DeSantis dropped out.
    However, I will vote for Trump over any Democrat they field.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    So a guy that didn't want Trump, he wanted Cruz, had an awakening and realized Trump was good, then decides he doesn't want Trump a second time, he wants DeSantis, but Trump ate DeSantis for lunch, so now this guy wants Trump again. Gee, maybe this guy's opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

JDV didn't just dislike Trump, he called him "Hitler". You know, the guy attributed with the death of 12MM+ people. Way over the ****ing top, that kind of talk. It is hyperbolic baffoonery by a politician that's been in politics for about two seconds. JDV currently says the right things, so did zer0.

Man, Trump seems to have great instincts and is one hell of a counter puncher. His blind spot appears to be his choice of personnel.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well at least JDV gave credit to Trump for proving him wrong. I'm sure that had some sway with Trump for JDV admitting that.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I heard the real reason Trump chose Vance. Trump is so frugal that be choosing Vance, he could use the massive amount of left over Trump Pence 2020 items by only changing 2 letters and 1 number.

Top Bottom