• Who Will Be Trump’s VP Pick?

• Total voters

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    … Ramaswamy, is there are bigger plans for him to be the restructuring czar, and VP in 2028.
    if all goes well I’m kind of hoping that Vivek is press secretary for at least the first couple months, because it would be fun to see him rip the White House Press from orifice to orifice on a daily basis.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    JD Vance...not born in Appalachia, born in Middletown Ohio, name at birth was James Donald Bowman...mother changed his middle name to David, and he assumed her maiden name of Vance. Graduate of Yale Law like Clinton and Bush. He's a Catholic convert married to a Hindu woman, became Catholic in 2016...they have three Hindu children and have been married for 10 years, met wife Usha Chilukuri (an attorney) while attending Yale Law. US Marine, served as a combat correspondent in Iraq with the 4th Marin Aircraft Wing. Presents as pro-life, pro-family, and pro traditional marriage. Used to be a Trump detractor. I don't know what to think yet. Just glad he's not 70 years old.
    True. I suggest you read Hillbilly Elegy(or watch the movie). It is his life story up to around 2016 or 18 there abouts. It was not an easy road,and you would understand his Appalachian roots in Kentucky where his grandmother was from and lived. Who, ended up raising him due to his mom's drug problems.

Links to both.
    movie(also on netflix)
    https://ww2.m4ufree.tv/watch-od6t8-hillbilly-elegy-2020-movie-online-free-m4ufree.html (watch with add blocker or brave to elminate popups). I advise hitting the #H as it is faster and smoother playing there(below the loading video).

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    if all goes well I’m kind of hoping that Vivek is press secretary for at least the first couple months, because it would be fun to see him rip the White House Press from orifice to orifice on a daily basis.
    No no no my friend!

Kayleigh McEnany!
    Why…for one line she said at one press briefing!
    “I can only explain it to you…I can’t understand it for you!”

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Environmental advocates who support Biden quickly denounced Trump’s choice of Vance. He has a zero percent rating from the League of Conservation Voters.

“Donald Trump’s anti-climate, anti-environment agenda is reinforced with his pick of J.D. Vance as the Republican vice-presidential nominee,” David Kieve, president of EDF Action, said in a statement. EDF Action is the advocacy arm of the Environmental Defense Fund.

Lori Lodes, executive director of the group Climate Power, said, “J.D. Vance is Donald Trump’s dream come true — a climate denier who is all too happy to do Big Oil’s bidding and pad their profits at the expense of working people.”

:)
    To repeal tax incentives relating to electric vehicles, and to establish a tax credit to promote automobile manufacturing in the United States. (for gas and diesel cars only...with musk his and trumps largest donor not sure this one will fly)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Now some of the loons on the left are suggesting that Trump only picked Vance because his wife had previously clerked for two SCOTUS justices. Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Kavanaugh. Also suggesting that the connection could play a part in a contested election in favor of Trump.

History writer Michael Harriot was one of the people who posted on social media about the concerns this triggered.

"Wait … The wife of Trump's VP pick clerked for Chief Justice John Robert AND Brett Kavanaugh? I'm sure that won't matter in a disputed election."

Others followed suit.

"Beks (@antifaoperative), who describes herself as an "anti-racist, anti-child trafficking advocate" who supports BlackLivesMatter and identifies as a trans ally, wrote: "And now we know why Mango Mussolini picked him."

"Similarly, Melly Cumberbatch (@MellyMelly10977) said: "That was deliberate. Analysts look at Mr Vance and don't see what he brings to the ticket. He brings Mrs Vance, and a pledge not to certify a Dem win in 28."

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Now some of the loons on the left are suggesting that Trump only picked Vance because his wife had previously clerked for two SCOTUS justices. Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Kavanaugh. Also suggesting that the connection could play a part in a contested election in favor of Trump.

History writer Michael Harriot was one of the people who posted on social media about the concerns this triggered.

"Wait … The wife of Trump's VP pick clerked for Chief Justice John Robert AND Brett Kavanaugh? I'm sure that won't matter in a disputed election."

Others followed suit.

"Beks (@antifaoperative), who describes herself as an "anti-racist, anti-child trafficking advocate" who supports BlackLivesMatter and identifies as a trans ally, wrote: "And now we know why Mango Mussolini picked him."

"Similarly, Melly Cumberbatch (@MellyMelly10977) said: "That was deliberate. Analysts look at Mr Vance and don't see what he brings to the ticket. He brings Mrs Vance, and a pledge not to certify a Dem win in 28."
    So they are saying this ticket is going to win(47). Well at least they can accept some reality. It is an improvement!

Wonder what they will say if Trump gets to appoint 2 more? Think they might implode?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Environmental advocates who support Biden quickly denounced Trump’s choice of Vance. He has a zero percent rating from the League of Conservation Voters.

“Donald Trump’s anti-climate, anti-environment agenda is reinforced with his pick of J.D. Vance as the Republican vice-presidential nominee,” David Kieve, president of EDF Action, said in a statement. EDF Action is the advocacy arm of the Environmental Defense Fund.

Lori Lodes, executive director of the group Climate Power, said, “J.D. Vance is Donald Trump’s dream come true — a climate denier who is all too happy to do Big Oil’s bidding and pad their profits at the expense of working people.”

:)
    To repeal tax incentives relating to electric vehicles, and to establish a tax credit to promote automobile manufacturing in the United States. (for gas and diesel cars only...with musk his and trumps largest donor not sure this one will fly)

They don’t have to sell me this hard…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'll probably take a beating, but here goes it...

JD's entire existence appears constructed. Not dissimilar to 0'bammie. He changed his name, not dissimilar to Nimarata (though his started traditional and ended traditional- Nikkirata, not so much). He was a vocal never-Trumper, not dissimilar to nearly every politician. Though I wonder if his dislike was for his own expediency. Either way, it's an unattractive position. He graduated from Yale law school, kinda self explanatory. His wife is a lawyer, who worked for a firm based in San Fran and DC, no less (no personal offense to our resident Esquires). He looks slippery, but that may just be his use of eyeliner. He's either still growing or wears lifts, not dissimilar to a certain governor. His position on 2a seems solid, though his pic adjacent to the wood pile couldn't be more staged. His life story is similar to my own, sans all his great successes. How different can a NESCO baby and an Ivy League hillbilly be? Nevermind.

I'm not saying no to Vance. I'm saying I don't know.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I want to hear what Vance has to say about how any nurse who refuses the jab needs to be fired. Somebody needs to ask this and get an answer from him. Where do you stand now and in the future.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I want to hear what Vance has to say about how any nurse who refuses the jab needs to be fired. Somebody needs to ask this and get an answer from him. Where do you stand now and in the future.
    When did he ever say that any nurse who refuses to get the jab needs to be fired?

Top Bottom