• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Fox news is reporting that Iran has test fired another missile, this one medium range, capable of hitting Israel.

I don't think we'll reach Christmas before Israel launches an attack.

Care to make a prediction?

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With Iran I have had a different take this time around.
    I think they WILL get the bomb. And no one will stop them.
    I think Iran this time has too strong of behind the scenes ties with China and Russia, and there is likely a lot of posturing that Iran is a tinder box in those two's eyes.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think Iran this time has too strong of behind the scenes ties with China and Russia, and there is likely a lot of posturing that Iran is a tinder box in those two's eyes.

BOY do I hope you are wrong!

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know why exactly. It's as if the world won't be happy/react UNTIL Iran does something really stupid and then the backlash. But I think they will be allowed or not stopped from getting the bomb.

I also think that we'll see a nuclear detonation in anger over the next 15 years.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

Sadly QFT

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If Iran and/or Israel do anything, I'm fearful that it'll launch the world into the next World War.

And Ahmanutjob in Iran WANTS Iran to be a big glass parking lot due to his religious beliefs that it will prompt the return of the Prophet or some such nonsense.

Think things are bad in the US now? Just wait until Israel decides to TCB... WWWhatever, here we are.

And, honestly, I hope Israel DOES do what they gotta do. And does it well.

-J-

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    israel is a pit bull that we have been holding the leash on for years ,i think they are about to break the leash imo.self preservation is one thing that will make anyone act.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im not a religious person but this has the signs of all the bad stuff the bible talks about. I say its time to run and hide.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Not sure I understand you thought process.

Iran has strong connections with Russia and China...True
    They let everyone know they have the ability to bomb Israel... True
    They have the motives to do it..... Way True

So to be proactive you think Israel is going to attack Iran? Instead of a Iran/Israel cold war?

(Just want to make sure this is you thought process.... not disagreeing with it.)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I believe Israel will take out Iran's nuke capability, just as they did in Iraq and see no huge backlash.
    Sure you'll see a call for Jihad, but only small factions of the radicals will actually attempt any form of attack.
    We may see increase skirmishes with Hezbollah and Hamas, but nothing more than we've seen in the past.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think Israel will overtly attack Iran.
    Perhaps sabotage their program clandestinely.
    But no jets/bombs/missiles/assassinations.

And I think Iran will get nuclear weapons. Only a matter of time.

I don't think Iran will use a nuclear device, again, overtly. That is - strap it to a missile. If they do anything it will be like a terrorist event.

I think Iran is a test that Russia and China are using to see how the USA (re)acts, far more than what Israel will do.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I found it very "Coincidental" (purple sarcasm) that Iran launched these test missles on Yom Kippur.

I think it is only a matter of time before someone takes military action. I'm wondering if part of our on-going occupation of Afghanistan isn't somewhat driven at a strategic level to help position us well if there is a major Iranian conflict.

We would "have them surrounded" so to speak with our troops in Iraq and the rest of the Persian Gulf area to the West. We could use Afghanistan to the East to help make it difficult for China and Russia to support.

However, if my theory is correct, it is a bit risky, since it is unknown what the other "...stans" to the North would do in the event of war. We have a pretty good relationship with India, but they hate Pakistan (which lies between Afghanistan and India) with a passion.

Could make for a very interesting WWIII if the fuze ends up being lit. I would wager that Israel will make the first move after continued provocation by Iran. The crazy Iranians will want to claim that any and all miliatry action they take would all be in defense against the Zionists, and their defense and the resulting jihad was the will of Allah.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    When will the countries of the middle east ever learn to stop screwing around with Israel. They've basically kicked everyone's arse that has messed with them and they just still plug along and people still :stickpoke:them.

Bush kept them reigned in, B.O. has no chance to keep them on a level head after his little UN dance and not going off on Iran because of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad saying that the Holocaust never happened.

Sooner of later I see Israel turning Syria, Libya, and Iran into a big glass bowl and having the world's biggest Ice cream social.

They just don't get it, don't stick poke the little guy with a chip on the shoulder and an attitude from years of abuse, sooner or later they're going to snap and it will be UGLY.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I do not disagree that Iran having nuclear capability is a Bad Thing of Epic Proportions (tm), however, Ahmadinejad made a comment the other day with which I could not argue- he commented that his country's forays into nuclear territory were being challenged and attempted to be stopped by the only country to ever actually use nuclear weapons against other people.

He was not the first to make that comparison, obviously, but that doesn't change the truth of it.

I don't recall anyone appointing this country to rule over any other sovereign nation, nor do I see any authority for us to do so. Power is not the same thing as authority.

Our government, it seems, does not only overstep it's bounds with our own citizens (nor does only this adminstration do so. That doesn't make it right for any of them.)

Blessings,
    Bill

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    From what I have read the Iranians learned well from what the Israelis did to Iraq. Their nuke stuff is deep underground and spread all over the country. They have some new facility that is under a mountain. I am not sure the Israelis can do much with an airstrike at this point. I think it is just a matter of time before the Iranians have a nuke. Then the only question is, will they launch it openly or give one to their Hamas buddies to set off in Tel Aviv.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    From what I have read the Iranians learned well from what the Israelis did to Iraq. Their nuke stuff is deep underground and spread all over the country. They have some new facility that is under a mountain. I am not sure the Israelis can do much with an airstrike at this point. I think it is just a matter of time before the Iranians have a nuke. Then the only question is, will they launch it openly or give one to their Hamas buddies to set off in Tel Aviv.

I don't know that Israel can prevent a nuclear attack on them, but IIRC, they do have nuclear capability as well. While they can and I think will make it very costly for Iran to do this, let's face the fact that detonating a nuke in Tel Aviv or even in a much smaller city of Israel would do far more damage and be far more costly than if Israel was to do likewise in ALL the cities of Iran. Were they to turn the whole country into a sheet of glass, I think they could only increase the value of it.

Someone once exemplified the theory of entropy by saying the following:

If you add a teaspoon of fine wine to a barrel of raw sewage, you have sewage.

If you add a teaspoon of raw sewage to a barrel of fine wine, you still have sewage.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I do not disagree that Iran having nuclear capability is a Bad Thing of Epic Proportions (tm), however, Ahmadinejad made a comment the other day with which I could not argue- he commented that his country's forays into nuclear territory were being challenged and attempted to be stopped by the only country to ever actually use nuclear weapons against other people.

He was not the first to make that comparison, obviously, but that doesn't change the truth of it.

I don't recall anyone appointing this country to rule over any other sovereign nation, nor do I see any authority for us to do so. Power is not the same thing as authority.

Our government, it seems, does not only overstep it's bounds with our own citizens (nor does only this adminstration do so. That doesn't make it right for any of them.)

Blessings,
    Bill

You are absolutely correct...we are the only Nation that has shown that we can use them responsibly :rolleyes: and we're the same ones trying to control the rest of the world.

Maybe it's a thing of..."believe me, I've experienced it and I don't want to see you follow my path and make the same mistakes I did as a child", big brother or father style of control. :dunno:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I still go back to this. How bad is a nuke explosion? Average, modern, deployable nuke.

People used to sit in Vegas and watch them detonated upstream. Vegas is inhabitable; always has been.

Some Japanese near the blasts lived long perhaps even normal lives.

Aside from heavily populated areas, where immediate blast and radiation would kill instantly and over weeks/months, are the long-term effects of those survivors and nearby locales understood or overhyped?

Top Bottom