• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I think she would be a good representative of the American people. I think she is a good person but it would be a media feeding frenzy. I would get tired of defending her. Some people hate her and for no good reason. If it came down to her and Obama, I say give me a woman president. There is nothing wrong with that in my book. If she does run she should run with a strong running mate like Huckabee or Rudy G. I like both of them too.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I dont know that we are doomed because she is very charismatic. She has a lot of leadership talents but I don't think that she is as intellectual as some people would want a president to be. That is not a bad thing because I think she would be very practical. I don't know if she would win though. She is almost a caricature of herself with all the SNL stuff.
    Progressives do. They're the ones that are really beating the drums to get her to run in 2012. It's a great strategy, too. There's an outside chance she could win in a primary, but she'll never be able to beat Obama and would insure that he gets a 2nd term. Of course, there aren't any other decent gop candidates on map right now, anyway. If she's the best hope of the gop then we're doomed to a 2nd four years of Obama.

Progressives Push Palin for President | Cato @ Liberty

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Hey MrJarrel, we have the answer to the threads title

"Who wants Palin to run for Prez?"

Your answer is

"Joe Williams". :)

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I would rather see her on the ticket as Vice President. She makes a good cheerleader and bulldog.

Now THAT, I could see happening.

We have a long history of midly retarded vice presidents, so that makes sense.

Joe Biden being a great example.

I could get behind Sarah Palin as a VP.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hey MrJarrel, we have the answer to the threads title

"Who wants Palin to run for Prez?"

Your answer is

"Joe Williams". :)
    Then Joe is in some shady company, because the folks who really want her to run are the progressive media and the Obama campaign. Even as a VP candidate she'll be a boat anchor around the neck of whomever is running.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Then Joe is in some shady company, because the folks who really want her to run are the progressive media and the Obama campaign. Even as a VP candidate she'll be a boat anchor around the neck of whomever is running.

:rolleyes:

I'm touched at your concern for the Republican Party you usually excoriate. I'm certain you are truly and deeply worried and have their best interests at heart.

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's an interesting piece at the left-leaning Daily Beast about WHY folks are upset about Sarah...

Palin Paranoia: Decoding Barbara Bush, Frank Rich Attacks - The Daily Beast

I find it interesting what the author says: (paraphrasing)

Old way: experience, temperamental restraint, knowledge, and dues-paying.

New way: spontaneity, you-betcha folksiness, "an anti-sophistication about issues," and, to many, "she's hot" (I like leggy girls with glasses) :D

For those who say she ran away from a challenge... I still see it differently.

I sense that a few of you may see her as a soldier who abandoned her post... Try looking at it differently. No matter what you think of her, the political figures in our world are better equated to commanders of factions. Sarah has a grass-roots faction that love her, and want her to steer the discussion away from the tired-old political elite dogmas.

I suspect that Sarah sees the game or, if you prefer, the war, much differently. For example: In the Civil War (War of Northern Aggression) Grant lost his Arse in the Battle of the Wilderness. Did he keep throwing regiment after regiment to take that ground?

Nope, he regrouped and did an end run. He forced Lee to follow him, and go where he wanted. He pulled Lees troops out of the area that favored him, and in a war of attrition, ground Lee's forces down by moving, fighting, moving, fighting... (Meanwhile... Sherman was beginning to go nuts on other fronts). We keep looking for a Savior in our Politics. I doubt that's how she sees herself. She's always been competitive - but, she's been a team player as well. Shift the players around, and make the opponent adopt to a new strategy.

I see this political fight as Palin probably does.... it's not how long she can last as Gov - it's how much she can shape and change the discussion away from the bull-cookies line that the Progressives in politics (both parties) and in the media keep shoving at us.

Like Grant, she regrouped, abandoned a position that wasn't working, and did an end run to take the fight in a direction she wanted. Lee had to react to Grant, just as the media has to react to Palin, now. She's not standing firm in a position where she can barely shape policy. She's not standing on a hill and letting the enemy take pot shot after pot shot at her. End run, fight on her terms - not theirs.

But, that won't stop the cry of those who just see her as a single soldier abandoning her post. It won't stop those who prefer female politicians to have the looks of Margaret Thatcher or Hillary Rodham.

For those of you who don't like her, and see her as "running away..." just take a look at any battle. What's the difference between a panicked retreat, and an strategic end run? Usually: did the end run work to your advantage.

I know this won't convince you, but if I were an Alaskan resident, I'd be thankful that my state budget wasn't constantly being whittled away investigating every little potential charge because the national media didn't like my governor. That same governor who kept defeating establishment GOP Good-Ole boys - and created animosity on both sides of the aisle.

Yeah, standing still atop the Governor's office while others sling rounds at me, isn't where I'd want to be if I was attempting to be a part of the national battle as well.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Way to overcomplicate a simple issue.

We dont see her as soldier who abandoned her post, or some brilliant general <lol...we are talking about the same person right?> who is marshall forces in some giant war...

We think she is a GOVERNOR who abandoned her post. She was elected to do a job, that she did not do when the going got tough.

She had ONE job to do. Govern a State. She skipped out on it.

Giving her a COUNTRY to lead, not a great idea.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Way to overcomplicate a simple issue.

We dont see her as soldier who abandoned her post, or some brilliant general <lol...we are talking about the same person right?> who is marshall forces in some giant war...

We think she is a GOVERNOR who abandoned her post. She was elected to do a job, that she did not do when the going got tough.

She had ONE job to do. Govern a State. She skipped out on it.

Giving her a COUNTRY to lead, not a great idea.

So... she can show exactly how many corrupt politicians are out of business because of her.

How many have you taken down? What have you done to clean up our mess?

Top Bottom