Without pictures, they really don't exist

0AE2EC92-orig.jpg

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I am just getting into getting pistol/revolver. Picked up a .22 revolver early in the month for plinking. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet. Went to a lgs few days ago and picked up and tried out a few different grip types. So far leaning towards .38 or 9mm

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Awesome gun, what's its story?
    Thanks shooter.
    It started life as a US Army Model 1917 45acp. I bought it with the barrel cut down. Chamfered the cylinder holes, beveled cylinder front and back and broke all the sharp edge. Smoothed up the internals. Put some Vans cold blue on it. Still considering bobbing the hammer. Easy to feed and comforting to have handy.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Thanks shooter.
    It started life as a US Army Model 1917 45acp. I bought it with the barrel cut down. Chamfered the cylinder holes, beveled cylinder front and back and broke all the sharp edge. Smoothed up the internals. Put some Vans cold blue on it. Still considering bobbing the hammer. Easy to feed and comforting to have handy.

I've been looking for something similar, I thought it would make a great carry gun.
    Again, great looking gun, you did a very good job with it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I sometimes carry a S&W Model 500 with an 8" barrel in a shoulder holster.
    Definitely gets a reaction from my friends when I show up and take my jacket off...:D

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    1988: Bought a S&W M10-4in "skinny"bbl(38 spec). Used while attending In Law Academy. Went to M66 357 mag 4in. Used on Deputy Marshal job till 1996. G22 40 cal. replaced M66 till 2006.
    Retired from LEO. Now back to S&W M10 4in. We all go back to first used as familiar to the training, and maintenance, and dependability. Also have a S&W 442 as a bug.
    Still qualify with the S&W M10. Those whippersnappers kids(newer Deputys) chuckle at a blue steel 6 shooter/Black( basketweave) leather border patrol holster on the firing line till this old gray man shoots an expert qualification. Hint: Need to practice now and then. Some guys use to think once a year quals were too much work. I felt my life was worth the practice.
    I say bring it on revolvers!

Note: On occasion I carry a G19. They are lightweight, and a lot of 9mm capacity, hard to beat.The new crowd accepts plastic... Guns, holsters, credit card, etc.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I carry a sp101 .357. I honestly tried compact semi autos and couldn't find one I could keep on target. There's just something about the sp101 that works with me and I decided I'll take 5 round of .357 I can keep on target vs. 6-7 rounds of .40 spraying all over the place.

Top Bottom