• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I carry a k40, the one thing I would look at is when the pistol was made, on kahr.com the show how to tell the difference between an old slide and a new slide, old slide has limited sites available due to the dovetail cut

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    :rolleyes: The froward mouth knows no bounds... regurgitation of old and bad liberal ideas is always on their mind though.

Nothing to see here folks: back on topic.

To the OP; I was in a shop today and almost traded my CW9 in on a P or PM9 (had I had the money for the difference) just to get the night sights. Having the slide machined for dove tail costs about %35 of a new CW9; or buying the high viz sights offered by Kahr is just another portion of monies you could apply to the higher $$$ gun. :twocents:

To let you guys know where I am coming from. My Aunt was involved in the moonies just out of High school (19 years old) in New York state. My grandparents had to have her kidnapped from the moonies. When they saw her she was skin and bones and a near vegatable. The moonies had found out that she had engaged in premaritial sex and had brainwashed her into believing she was going to die because of it. She died in the hospital.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    To let you guys know where I am coming from. My Aunt was involved in the moonies just out of High school (19 years old) in New York state. My grandparents had to have her kidnapped from the moonies. When they saw her she was skin and bones and a near vegatable. The moonies had found out that she had engaged in premaritial sex and had brainwashed her into believing she was going to die because of it. She died in the hospital.
    Sorry. My response wasn't toward you. It was towards the open bucket (weakminded repeater) that labeled 'religious' people weakminded. It's a phrase used by those who only believe what they read, for instance in the National Inquirer.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I really like my PM45. I had concerns about the recoil, but after a feww hundred rounds I decided that they were unfounded. I carry it all the time in a Cross breed SuperTuck (best IWB, IMO).

PM45-close-angle-artsy.jpg

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Actually, I pretty much believe only what I see and know to be true through verifiable sources. "People who believe only what they read" would pretty much describe the majority of religious folks. I know that simple minded folk like to put labels on people...it requires less thought and lets them know how they are supposed to respond. However, I'm hardly a liberal. You are equating conservatism with membership in the Jesus club. They are certainly not the same thing.

It's a tragedy that IDCC"s aunt was lured away by the Moonies and convinced that she would die because of premarital sex. However, is this not the same message of your lord? Perhaps the modern church does not starve people, or make them starve themselves, but promising eternal fire and damnation isn't exactly the polar opposite of what the Moonies are teaching. Perhaps forgiveness is available in the modern Christian church, after joining up and paying your 10%. A less severe example of "join us or die spiritually," but the same thing, nonetheless.

Back on topic, indeed......:rolleyes:

Is that all you got? Really? Your hate towards anyone, including me for anything Christ is just like a liberal with guns. It's biased, immature and your always umbrella statements that they use as well. Get your facts straight. You are looking rather unsavory and hateful in your posts. Conviction has you strong doesn't it. Anyone that spouts like this is usually under the worst condition of that feeling most people call 'conviction'. What wrong? You atheist stances just not making sense anymore? Tired of hiding your head in the sand from real science and truth? I'll pray for you, child.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Actually, However, is this not the same message of your lord?
    Back on topic, indeed......:rolleyes:

Dude, you are out of bounds, you are talking about a topic that you obviously have not studied.

No, this is not the message of our LORD, our LORD's message is this, Romans 3:23,,, all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD,,,,, you were born a sinner, and and you will die a sinner....even if you accept Christ as your savior...

but if you ask Christ to forgive you of your sins, he is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins,,, and,, hence, you can spend eternity in Heaven, if not, then you wont, that is the message...

I am willing to accept any quesions or offer assistance but there is no debate, I belive what the Bible says and this is good enough for me.

Sorry to stray off topic,,, I hope to break in the CW9 today!

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I'm not an atheist. (Another one of your convenient labels that saves you from having to actually think) I'm more of an agnostic. There might be a god. There might not. I kinda doubt that there is, given some of the horrible, unexplainable crap that I've seen happen to good people. I don't know what you do for a living, but my life and career allows me to see the real world on a day to day basis. I'm not the only LEO on this board with a healthy dose of skepticism towards religion.....reality does that to you, if you think for yourself.

I usually don't get into thread drifts, but since I had the OP, I'll jump in. My wife and I buried our 10 month old son a little over a month ago. The entire time we never were able to take him home from the hospital. If you ever want to sit down and talk, I'd love to tell you how I KNOW that there is a God, and how He loves and cares for all of us. I won't do it on the board, just because I prefer to talk theology in person. Talking online often leads to misunderstanding in the message that someone is trying to convey, and that just gets dangerous when talking theology.

Back on topic, from everything that I've read the CW9 looks like a nice carry gun. I've had some offers from members here to shoot theirs, so hopefully I'll have a chance to see how I like it within the next couple of weeks.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I've never owned a Kahr, but I did shoot one once...and I've got to say that I absolutely hated the trigger on it. Heavy draw, sloppy break...it was abominable, and this is from someone who not only drinks, but enjoys, the Glock kool-aid....pistols known for not having the cleanest DAO triggers.

It was a solid gun, and functioned just fine, but man did I hate the trigger on it. However, to be fair, it was the one and only Kahr I've ever shot, and it might have just had issues. YMMV.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've never owned a Kahr, but I did shoot one once...and I've got to say that I absolutely hated the trigger on it. Heavy draw, sloppy break...it was abominable, and this is from someone who not only drinks, but enjoys, the Glock kool-aid....pistols known for not having the cleanest DAO triggers.

It was a solid gun, and functioned just fine, but man did I hate the trigger on it. However, to be fair, it was the one and only Kahr I've ever shot, and it might have just had issues. YMMV.

I've noticed on mine that the trigger just keeps getting better and smoother. About 6-700 rounds now and it just feels like a surprise 'let off' every time. I think, like all DAOs, if you stick it out they get real nice.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Kahrs are still hard to come by

I can advise people if they see a Kahr Arms gun they like and the price is within reason to pick it up as most of the distributors are still backordering them. I just picked up a P40 and a MK9 for inventory while I was on line shopping for a shotgun; they are like money in the bank. :D I carry my MK40 most of the time and have 100% confidence in that gun going bang every time and they are built like a tank.

Last edited:

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    Kahr Trigger Pull..., jeez!

I bought a Karh CW9 from Bradis about a month ago (if you've never been there, the place is great, IMO). If the Kahr is new to you, don't do what I did..., I fired a couple mag's through my Glock 23 then picked up my "new" Kahr.

Boy..., the trigger pull is long..., long! It feels like two inches, and might actually be close to that the last time I measured! I don't know..., I'm still relatively new to Glocks (being a 1911 guy by nature)..., but after the first dissapointing "long pull" on a Glock I'm used to just letting out the old pull finger just a 1/4" or so..., just enough hear that magic click when I know it's ready to go again.

To my knowledge, the Kahr does not have a trigger "upgrade" that replicates the Glock in this specific preference. I posted that exact quesiton on Kahr's blog about a week ago, and received so many negative comments I think I'm bannned!

Don't get me wrong..., the Kahr is single stack and feels very good in the hand (very 1911 like). I like that. It is a carry-weapon, only having 7 in the mag but don't mix apples/oranges/bannanas..., on what you are getting. It's a single stack, concealable, double action, 7 round, no safety, great looking weapon that feels great in hand...

Please shoot one before buying one (I wish I had done so).

Good luck.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Conversely, shoot the LCP then the Kahr, another big difference from one to the other

Also, bought my Kahr on 10/30/09 and the Born ON date was 10/20/09, it still had the newborn smell :-)

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    They have LONG trigger pulls, yes, but that's because they have no safety. It was DESIGNED as a carry pistol, and that's what it does well. The trigger pull on mine is long, but not gritty nor heavy. If yours is, it needs to be broken in via firing and a good cleaning.

I have a Glock and a Kahr. One hits the range, the other stays in my holster. I trust my life to my Kahr.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I bought a Karh CW9 from Bradis about a month ago (if you've never been there, the place is great, IMO). If the Kahr is new to you, don't do what I did..., I fired a couple mag's through my Glock 23 then picked up my "new" Kahr.

Boy..., the trigger pull is long..., long! It feels like two inches, and might actually be close to that the last time I measured! I don't know..., I'm still relatively new to Glocks (being a 1911 guy by nature)..., but after the first dissapointing "long pull" on a Glock I'm used to just letting out the old pull finger just a 1/4" or so..., just enough hear that magic click when I know it's ready to go again.

To my knowledge, the Kahr does not have a trigger "upgrade" that replicates the Glock in this specific preference. I posted that exact quesiton on Kahr's blog about a week ago, and received so many negative comments I think I'm bannned!

Don't get me wrong..., the Kahr is single stack and feels very good in the hand (very 1911 like). I like that. It is a carry-weapon, only having 7 in the mag but don't mix apples/oranges/bannanas..., on what you are getting. It's a single stack, concealable, double action, 7 round, no safety, great looking weapon that feels great in hand...

Please shoot one before buying one (I wish I had done so).

Good luck.

You should sell it to me!

CallMeBud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    The Sunny Side
    [FONT=&quot]Kahr does make a fine carry pistol. I actually like the triggers. They do have that element of surprise which I believe is why I shoot them fairly well. Their size makes them easy to conceal. I have a P380 with 300 rounds down the pipe, a PM9 with 950 rounds down the pipe and a P45 with 900 rounds down the pipe. The only issue I have had is with the P45. I was getting little primer strikes. It turned out to be a weak recoil spring. What a carry setup. A P380 in the pocket, PM9 on the ankle, and a P45 on the belt.:yesway::yesway:[/FONT]

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom