• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    I carry a P45 as my main carry weapon. Absolutely love it. It's no range-master, but plenty accurate and really a joy to shoot.

I can't imagine carrying anything else now.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    I don't have a Kahr pistol, but I have handled and shot few of their models and I think they are good, but overpriced.

Since you already have a full size CZ-75, why don't you try the P01?

I was at the 1500 yesterday and saw a good deal on a KAHR 9mm. I don't know anything about them, except that it felt good in my hand when I picked it up. I'm thinking that it would be a lot easier to carry than my full sized, double stack CZ-75. So, who owns one, and what are your experiences with them?

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I really liked my K9 functioned great, looked great, but it was a little heavy for my intended purpose which was CCW. I ended up replacing it with a Glock 26.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I don't have a Kahr pistol, but I have handled and shot few of their models and I think they are good, but overpriced.

Since you already have a full size CZ-75, why don't you try the P01?

The P-01, from what I've read, is a nice piece. It is a little heavier, longer, and wider than the Kahr, and I was looking for something a little smaller. That said, I've never held a P-01 before, so I may end up really liking it. It is on my list to look at before I make my next gun purchase.

I've decided though that what I really need next is a good belt. A $12.95 belt from Target just doesn't cut it. I think part of the reason why I haven't carried before is that my CZ-75 in my paddle holster is just too much weight for the belt.

Edited: In case I didn't mention it, I'm looking at this for CCW, that's why I'm trying to keep the size/weight down. I'm not sure if I can get away with CCW using my CZ-75.

Last edited:

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    The P01 is much smaller than the full size CZ-75. Definitely check it out before you buy your next pistol, the folks at CZ really made a great pistol when they came up with the P01.

The P-01, from what I've read, is a nice piece. It is a little heavier, longer, and wider than the Kahr, and I was looking for something a little smaller. That said, I've never held a P-01 before, so I may end up really liking it. It is on my list to look at before I make my next gun purchase.

I've decided though that what I really need next is a good belt. A $12.95 belt from Target just doesn't cut it. I think part of the reason why I haven't carried before is that my CZ-75 in my paddle holster is just too much weight for the belt.

Edited: In case I didn't mention it, I'm looking at this for CCW, that's why I'm trying to keep the size/weight down. I'm not sure if I can get away with CCW using my CZ-75.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I carry a cw9. I've shot at least 1000 rounds and not a single misfire/jam or otherwise. My father-in-law carries one also. He has had zero issues also except failure to fire with some cheap Wolf ammo. Only thing I would want differently is the night sights which you can get on the pm9 that you can't on the cw9. Very easy to carry, extremely thin and accurate.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I carry a cw9. I've shot at least 1000 rounds and not a single misfire/jam or otherwise. My father-in-law carries one also. He has had zero issues also except failure to fire with some cheap Wolf ammo. Only thing I would want differently is the night sights which you can get on the pm9 that you can't on the cw9. Very easy to carry, extremely thin and accurate.

I've never shot wolf in mine. I'd be interested in finding out how it likes it or not. Everything you state I agree on. I want night sights as well.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    How long does the Crimson battery last? Is there a point of aim shift that happens from multiple uses/much handling? Things with batteries just make me leery...

I did not get to try the Laser before I sold the LCP, so I don't know, but operating it was easy and instinctive, it is your natural grip that turns the laser on and releasing the button shuts it off.

If I recall, the batteries last 1 year and right now you can get free batteries for life depending on whom you buy it from .

Just picked up the CW9 from Plainfield Shooting Supplies.:D

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    :cool:

IMG_1280.jpg

Last edited:

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Apparently, you're the only one who gives a hoot.

Kahrs are great pistols. I regularly carry a CW40 with over 500 problem-free rounds through it. Seven rounds of .40 S&W in a gun this thin, small and light is awesome. It is an excellent weapon with one of the smoothest DA triggers in the business.

I had a CW45 before I switched to all .40 caliber weapons, and had hundreds of trouble-free rounds out of it. Sold it to a narcotics detective friend of mine, and he loves it and carries it every day, on duty and off.

Lots of people who's families were torn apart by the moonies give a hoot.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Weak-minded individuals will all eventually be "torn from their families" by one religious group or another. Just be glad there aren't more Jim Jones types in the world. P.T. Barnum was right.

:rolleyes: The froward mouth knows no bounds... regurgitation of old and bad liberal ideas is always on their mind though.

Nothing to see here folks: back on topic.

To the OP; I was in a shop today and almost traded my CW9 in on a P or PM9 (had I had the money for the difference) just to get the night sights. Having the slide machined for dove tail costs about %35 of a new CW9; or buying the high viz sights offered by Kahr is just another portion of monies you could apply to the higher $$$ gun. :twocents:

Top Bottom