• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got a PM9. Very happy with it. 500 rounds with out a problem. One of the smallest 9 out there. I'd consider the new Kahr 380 too if you can handle the ammo issues. I'm all 9mm and happy about that. I got a rubber Hoag grip and it helps keep it a little more stable.

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    PM9 purchased January 2009. Have fired approximately 1200 rounds with no issues. Accurate, small, and light. Replaced my Glock 30 for daily carry. The Crossbreed MicroClip holster and a good gun belt made a huge difference in carry comfort. AGrip hand grip purchased from Kahr accessories has made it easier for my big paws to hang on to the gun when handling. Top it off with night sights and it is a keeper.

PM9.jpg

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Double check that it is new

Hello Everyone,
    Bruenor,
    I am keeping this in your thread since you already asked about Kahr's. Hope you do not think I am trying to High Jack your thread.:patriot:
    I did not make it to the 1500, wish I was there but, life. Anyway I have one K9 I am looking at and thinking of getting it for the wife. It is a new SS K9 with Night Sights for $700.00 is this a good Price?:spend: Hard to find K9s right know to compare price.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    One more

$700 as you discribed is BELOW dealer cost not counting shipping so it is a great deal if it is a new gun. Makes me wonder why someone would sell a hard to get firearm below cost; makes no sense to me. :dunno: Walk carefully is all I can say. I have the MK-40 all SS and it is pretty heavy so make sure you check it out if it is for CC. :twocents:

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    $700 as you discribed is BELOW dealer cost not counting shipping so it is a great deal if it is a new gun. Makes me wonder why someone would sell a hard to get firearm below cost; makes no sense to me. :dunno: Walk carefully is all I can say. I have the MK-40 all SS and it is pretty heavy so make sure you check it out if it is for CC. :twocents:

Hello Michiana,
    Thanks for the information. Yes it is New in the case with all the paper work, never fired and never had a 4473 form filled out on it. So it is new. I guess it is my lucky day? I know it is more compact then her Sig 232 in 380 and it is in 9mm.
    Thanks
    one more

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    Does anyone know what a good price on a used CW9 would be? Impact Guns online has it new at $409, but of course I'd need to pay taxes and transfer fees.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Does anyone know what a good price on a used CW9 would be? Impact Guns online has it new at $409, but of course I'd need to pay taxes and transfer fees.

I believe Impact is in Utah so you will not have to pay sales tax but you will need a FFL to do the transfer. That sounds like a very good price to me. :):

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    i have 2 and they've both been perfect with about 1000 rounds each. I carry the PM9 almost exclusively. My opinion is that the DAO trigger on the Kahr is about the best in the business, if not the best.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    After holding several at the 1500, I would lean toward the CW40, a nice little gun. The extra cost for the PM version is hard to justify, and if weight is an issue, go CW9, one more round

I found one CW9 at the 1500 for $399 w/ 2 mags, $407, $419 and up

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I saw a used CW9 for $379, which when looking at the new prices doesn't seem like a good deal at all. I may have to head over to Bradis and see what they have, and for how much.

I thought about the CW40, but I have a CZ-75 in 9mm, and I wanted to keep the same round for this gun, so I'll probably go with the CW9.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    DanielOcean3 on this site had a CW40. He said it was ummm 'not nice' to shoot I believe. That being said, I'll never own a .40 again, as I refuse to be abused for what seems like a better round but does nothing if you can't hit with it. I can hit at 25 yards with my 9mm CW... about a 12" group. (which I'd love to shrink to 8"! :):)

I'm a 9mm only guy. It's the only pistol caliber I have too.

I saw a used CW9 for $379, which when looking at the new prices doesn't seem like a good deal at all. I may have to head over to Bradis and see what they have, and for how much.

I thought about the CW40, but I have a CZ-75 in 9mm, and I wanted to keep the same round for this gun, so I'll probably go with the CW9.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    DanielOcean3 on this site had a CW40. He said it was ummm 'not nice' to shoot I believe. ...

I'm a 9mm only guy. It's the only pistol caliber I have too.

My CW-40 wasn't very pleasant to shoot with standard factory target loads. I could run through 3-4-5 mags before needing to take a break.

However, when I'd fire my defensive loads, I could only handle 2 mags' worth.

Recoil wasn't pleasant to begin with...and it was downright brutal with the defensive loads.

I know there isn't any such thing as a .40 S&W +p, but you can't tell me that the defensive (Some kind of Federal product...gray box...) loads aren't at the top end of the SAAMI specs and the WWB stuff wasn't at the lower end.

Follow-up shots / double taps / controlled pairs were nigh-on impossible for ME with my CW-40.

But, again, having said that, it carried like a dream and went just about everywhere with me. Light weight, easy manual of arms, and more accurate than a small pistol has a right to be.

It was the last .40 S&W-chambered pistol that I owned. I'm now down to only 9mm and .357/38Special. (and .22LR, of course...but that doesn't count). Got tired of the recoil and expense of the .40.

-J-

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I ordered a new CW9 today, should pick it up Friday.

Also ordered a High Noon Split Decision Holster :D

since I have Ruger LCP, now a Karh CW9 and a Glock 19 the CW9 will be my daily carry gun and I might eventually move up to the G19 for carry

I decided against getting a Springfield EMP or a Ultra Carry and I will focus on a 5" barrel 1911. Either way, I need to shoot some of the 1911's before I drop a kilo-buck on a new 5" full size...

Last edited:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I ordered a new CW9 today, should pick it up Friday.

Also ordered a High Noon Split Decision Holster :D

since I have Ruger LCP, now a Karh CW9 and a Glock 19 the CW9 will be my daily carry gun and I might eventually move up to the G19 for carry

I decided against getting a Springfield EMP or a Ultra Carry and I will focus on a 5" barrel 1911. Either way, I need to shoot some of the 1991's before I drop a kilo-buck on a new 5" full size...

I went from the G19, to the CW9! :):

Top Bottom