• ...and so much more!
  • Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Hello! I've been recently toying around with the thought of carrying one of my larger "full size" handguns. Up until now I've always CC'd my Bersa .380 which has been VERY easy to CC. My other carry options are a full size SA 1911 or a Beretta 96FS. Both of which would be considerably more difficult to CC IMHO. My question is, who on here OC's and is under 25? I ask this because I feel I'm going to have a lot more attention drawn to me by being a 23 year old who OC's. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but I feel people would be more likely to sick Johnny Law on me or complain to a manager about me OC'ing rather than someone older who isn't a "kid" in their eyes. Anyone have any experience with this? Am I just over thinking things and should "man up ;)" and start OC'ing? What do you all think?

Thanks!
    John

*EDIT* - Just to add a little more info, I live right next to a fairly large college, so I'm sure I'd be drawing a lot of extra unwanted attention. I am in no way affiliated with this campus though so they could not take any other action against me other than asking me to leave campus property.

Last edited:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    well i am 25 now and have been carrying for about 7 years now (as long as i legally could). at first i was apprehensive about OC since i knew i would get singled out by big bad LEOs trying to impose their will, but once i learned what i could/could not do i went on my with constitutional right. i dont think it would be a problem, although i still get some grief from time to time.

but i would say its time to nut up, or shut up:rockwoot:

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    I open carried the day I got my LTCH, and have ever since.

I do CC also, all dependent on what im doing that day.

EDIT: A week away from turning 23

Last edited:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I agree. I did just add some info though on where I'm located which would probably draw more attention. But I suppose I could just CC my Bersa when I'm on / around campus and OC everywhere else with a larger gun. :dunno:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    yea you have to be careful about campus.. i could see some liberal gun freaks getting scared by MWAG walking to his mailbox, truck, cutting grass and have the swat team there. but its pretty simple, put shirt over gun when area might be unsavory for OC and when you get back to the a more comfortable area OC away

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I OC'ed at 23 and 24 no issues at all, it's more in the manner you carry yourself than your age. Be wise, be comfortable and understand that there are times where just because you can doesn't mean you should, so if you poke the bear expect to see it fight back once in a while.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    And for gods sake, dont fidget with it in public if you are OCing...dont even touch it, unless you are drawing it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've been carrying since I was 18....yes I've had issues with ignorant LEO's...but the age thing didn't make anything worse....just carry yourself in a respectable manner when OC'ing and you won't have any more of a problem than OC'ing will give anybody

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've been carrying since I was 18....yes I've had issues with ignorant LEO's...but the age thing didn't make anything worse....just carry yourself in a respectable manner when OC'ing and you won't have any more of a problem than OC'ing will give anybody

what he said!! i usually share the same point of view with kidd03 an i know he cant be to far off since he is a grunt:rockwoot:

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    I only oc The way I was raised only the criminals hide there guns and the police and military proudly carried their weapons anyways.........I live off washington and post east side ghetto literly hookers on the streets every night .......but i get hasseld all the time I'm young looking and Hispanic it's a double whammy they see Me with a gun. Bam they start askin ? Lol well not as much anymore since Iv met alot of them but it's no big deal they ask for your permit run the numbers to the gun and then they give it back:-) awsome feeling for a cop to hand you a gun:-) and live ammo back:-) hahahaha

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I only oc The way I was raised only the criminals hide there guns and the police and military proudly carried their weapons anyways.........I live off washington and post east side ghetto literly hookers on the streets every night .......but i get hasseld all the time I'm young looking and Hispanic it's a double whammy they see Me with a gun. Bam they start askin ? Lol well not as much anymore since Iv met alot of them but it's no big deal they ask for your permit run th numbers to the gun and then they give it back:-) awsome feeling for a cop to hand you a gun:-) and live ammo back:-) hahahaha

you let em take your firearm that you legally posess?! o my.. i had a MCS ask for mine once and i politely declined and that was that.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    You don't live where I live hahaha I went for a Jog to my buddys four blocks away with my gun on my hip 3 cop cars surrounded me 1 block away from my buddys .......appreantly a dt drove right past me called it in bam I get swarmed .......I even have personally taught a female Leo how to handle a 1911 whole other story but ya I can't make it out that clean psh I wish I could get away with a no sir you may not hahahahahaha

Last edited:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You don't live where I live hahaha I went for a Jog to my buddys four blocks sways with my gun on my hip 3 cop cars surrounded me 1 block away from my buddys .......appreantly a dt drove right past me called it in bam I get swarmed .......I even have personally taught a female Leo how to handle a 1911 whole other story but ya I can't make it out that clean psh I wish I could get away with a no sir you may not hahahahahaha

good stuff right here!! teach em all

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom