Who needs a spotting scope when you have a good friend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    View attachment 364591
    This was at Crosley Fish & Wildlife prior to having full time Range Officers. I had walked around the corner from the left & was simply, in disbelief. After trying to convince him this was a bad idea, I snapped this picture as I was leaving. As I walked away, the old Ruger Deerfield Carbine barked away!

Awww, let ‘em have their fun! The “plague” we just had didn’t wipe enough of ‘em out anyway, so let them do it themselves. :rofl:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    View attachment 364591
    This was at Crosley Fish & Wildlife prior to having full time Range Officers. I had walked around the corner from the left & was simply, in disbelief. After trying to convince him this was a bad idea, I snapped this picture as I was leaving. As I walked away, the old Ruger Deerfield Carbine barked away!
    Darwin in action.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Eh. Shooting off a bench down a tight lane, it's not that dangerous. I've never shot walls or ceiling seated at a bench, dunno about you guys.

The compelling question is "why, though?".

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Don’t get me wrong, I cringe at this and would never do it, even if behind a mini berm. I spot from the firing line only, period. But a lot of guys here have been to high level training doing live fire move moving drills. Of course the width spread is much safer, but it is not comfortable for sure!

Trimsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2024
    North Vernon
    Eh. Shooting off a bench down a tight lane, it's not that dangerous. I've never shot walls or ceiling seated at a bench, dunno about you guys.

The compelling question is "why, though?".
    Exactly! Even some of the cheapest 3x9's of my youth could see 44 mag holes in paper at 50 yards.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I need to invest in a spotting scope. Right now its just a Remington 700 with a 5-25x scope on the bolt open on the right side of the bench, and whatever rifle I'm sighting on the left side.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Don’t get me wrong, I cringe at this and would never do it, even if behind a mini berm. I spot from the firing line only, period. But a lot of guys here have been to high level training doing live fire move moving drills. Of course the width spread is much safer, but it is not comfortable for sure!
    Who's doing that besides Army's Delta boys and seal team 6 boys?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not sure who all, but the last course I took that did was with Costa.
    Interesting, my sons that are both tier 2 in the real world, and neither one has ever fired in a training class with men downrange.
    Not sure I would want to go to a class at home where that was being done.

Top Bottom