• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I heard a friend of mine got a job making 1911 parts here in town. Anybody know where this is?

I was shooting at TargetMaster (H&H Firearms at that time) about 18 moths ago when a couple fellows came in and asked to see my FNP 45 Tactical and Osprey suppressor. They were starting to make 1911 prototypes here in Ft Wayne and asked if I would like to help them test fire some of their new weapons. The stuff they had was excellent and well designed. They were making everything except the barrels and grips (using existing internal components, springs, triggers etc.).

They said they were on the north side of town and planned to start production as soon as they got some legal stuff taken care of. I saw them once after that and shot another prototype. I haven't been shooting at Targetmaster since then, but I heard they left a prototype there for the owner and sales reps to evaluate and shoot.

Why don't you just ask your buddy where he is working?

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    SniperCo had some a while back that were made in Fort Wayne. Not sure of the name but the fit and finish seemed nice in the show room.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I think I remember a post about these a while back. I think it's great someone is manufacturing firearms in Indiana; we ought to entice more manufacturers here. The 1911s looked nice in the pics, but I remember wishing they had decided to use forgings instead of castings.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I think I remember a post about these a while back. I think it's great someone is manufacturing firearms in Indiana; we ought to entice more manufacturers here. The 1911s looked nice in the pics, but I remember wishing they had decided to use forgings instead of castings.

At that price point?? Yikes.

sbfirearms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    FW
    The Schroeder Bauman line of 1911's are engineered and manufactured in Fort Wayne, Indiana. We go way beyond what is necessary to ensure durability and precision. Our 1911's are made out of 17-4 billet. Nothing is cast or forged. The Schroeder Bauman is hand lapped to ensure a perfect fit. We take great pride in our workmanship.
    Please check us out at sbfirearms.com. You can also find us on Facebook. Thanks!

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    This is awesome to know!! Is there a way that a local FW'er could fire one to see how they shoot? Ive always been a Kimber guy but would be happy to switch to a locally built firearm of the same or higher quality. There has always been a few things I have never been happy with the kimbers anyways and this would give me good reason to make the change.

curtisms01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2011
    This is awesome to know!! Is there a way that a local FW'er could fire one to see how they shoot? Ive always been a Kimber guy but would be happy to switch to a locally built firearm of the same or higher quality. There has always been a few things I have never been happy with the kimbers anyways and this would give me good reason to make the change.

I have shot one of these on a few occasions. They handle and fire great. I have only had experience with a few other models of 1911's and this one was definitely in its own class. For me it is definitely worth the cost to not only have a well crafted 1911, but also support the local community.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have handled a few of these, to include a prototype that they are working on. These things are really nice, but a bit out of my range. Maybe in a few years. I hope to be doing some test firing on the prototype and future firearm ideas they have on paper.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Anyone have any experience with these guns? Their website is down. I thought of sending them a PM, but then I saw the company only has a join date of July 2013 and only 3 posts. Are they even still around?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone have any experience with these guns? Their website is down. I thought of sending them a PM, but then I saw the company only has a join date of July 2013 and only 3 posts. Are they even still around?
    Huh. I was on the website a week ago, so could be a glitch. Anyways, one of their machinists is a good friend and I was talking about work the other week... still going strong. I played with one at the NRA Annual Meeting - so silky, so comfortable. :drool:

In fact, someone posted a pic of a new SB they got... I think it was in one of those "who should we ban" threads.*

A lot of mfgr reps will join INGO, drop a post or two and disappear. That's nothing new or worrisome. I guess if you don't post much, you can't make enemies (like other mfgr reps). And being INGO, they have no control over their posts; say something dumb, and it's here forever.

EDIT:
    * I see that was a contest winner.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom