Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

• Total voters

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The people in government. :rolleyes:

Rich,poor. We as a NATION are failing. This problem we see didn't come about over night. Bleeding hearts are killing us.

The immoral; the selfish; and the lazy.

I agree with this, especially because it falls under either category the OP mentioned.

All this hoopla over one of the easiest Q ever asked on this fourm (that can't be answered by READ THE FAQ).

Drum roll please:

Those of poor character.

The willfully non-productive are most responsible for problems in this country. Whether rich or poor.

I blame the stupid and the evil people.

Any system which doesn't take all of the above into account in its very structure is destined for failure.

Any system that needs people to be better people in order to work is destined for failure at the best, tyranny at the worst.

The quality of people is not the problem. The "people" have been of relatively the same quality since we emerged from the caves and started crafting tools.

We have the best system ever devised, despite its flaws. We must work to get what we can get, or when it gets bad enough, erase it and start over. Though even starting over is no panacea. How would all you brilliant folks who post on this site write a Constitution that's truly uncorruptible? Who do you know who writes better and more clearly than our founders? Yet they became pragmatists as soon as they began to govern.

This World just ain't ever going to be what some of you think you can have. Yet, look around you. Practical freedom and prosperity unimaginable for most of the world today and all of human history up to now are yours.

Perspective. Absorb it.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Which people are the biggest problem? The ones that like to point fingers and not take personal responsibility or accountability.

That's near enough to just call it all of 'em.

I say liars, cheats, thieves and traitors. They come in about all stations of life.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Douglas Adams demonstrated that perspective is the last thing that anyone needs.

If I am correct on the particular quote to which you're referencing, I'd suggest that he was talking about a more narrow and personal perspective than the one I'm suggesting. The view I'm advising is one that takes into account the World's known history, not that of a particular individual as he advances through the various ages of his life.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If I am correct on the particular quote to which you're referencing, I'd suggest that he was talking about a more narrow and personal perspective than the one I'm suggesting. The view I'm advising is one that takes into account the World's known history, not that of a particular individual as he advances through the various ages of his life.
    You're so sexy when you're analytical. Wanna pick out curtains? :wwub::gheyhi:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    In my opinion there is only one place to blame for 99% of every problem we have.It is not the rich,the poor,or even the government.

It is one private corporation set up in 1913,called the Federal Reserve.Contrary to what most believe it is not part of our government,and answers to no one.It has never even been audited by congress or anyone else(like the irs)even though they are the ONLY corporation to make a guaranteed by law 6% dividend.

It has the power to print unlimited amounts of money and not even a liability to report where or how it spent that money.

It is the single reason the dollar has lost 96% of the value it had in 1913.It is the only reason the Treasury is now able to run unlimited deficits for the government(up to the debt ceiling...with they are going to raise...again).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    images

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree with smokingman.

I voted for rich because the Federal reserve bank is composed of rich people, right? :D

Correct.To be a share holder in the Federal Reserve you must own a controlling interest in one of the 12 regional reserve branches.The last time any of these branches where on the "market" was during world war 2.The actually owners are shielded by law from being disclosed to the public.
    There is no way for anyone to own even a single share unless some one who owns them gets permission from the Federal Reserve board to sell it to them.As you can guess most shares are passed only along family lines.

The twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized much like private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year.
    Source:FRB: FAQs: Federal Reserve System The FED is also the ONLY private corporation with a .gov address thanks to the special amendment passed along with the law setting up .gov as the official government only web address.

Last edited:

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    The problem is the banking cartel with the Federal Researve as the head of the beast. This country has lived longer without a federal income tax and it has also lived longer without debt based money. 1913 was the start of the end of this country everything since has been the consequences.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Neither.

The problems in this country are directly the fault of the American people as a whole. Somewhere along the line we let it become "OK" to be lazy, greedy, selfish, un-educated (and I don't mean just formal education; how many people today actually know how to fix something that's broken? 150 years ago if you needed a new roof or the wagon needed a new axle, you fixed it yourself. Calling a repairman was a rare thing. We LEARNED how to take care of ourselves and our property).

Somewhere we decided that all politicians were crooked, liars, or fools and there wasn't anything we could do about it. So, we stopped voting, we stopped paying attention to issues, and spent more time worrying about who was going to win American Idol or Survivor, or which Celeb will win an Oscar or an Emmy.

We've gotten comfortable with class-warfare (i.e Rich vs poor) and as long as we have cable TV and more stuff than our neighbors, we're OK. We let our leaders and the media divide us with silliness (Red State vs Blue, Libtards vs Repukes) We're ready to stomp anyone who dares suggest that America is not the greatest country ever and we refuse to even consider their opposing argument because we have an innate fear of thoughts that might make us a bit uncomfortable.

Rich vs Poor? Bull****; the problem is you and me. We've forgotten that we're all Americans and that it will take all colors, beliefs, and persuasions to fix whats wrong. And if we don't find a way to quickly remember that fact, we're doomed.

Feel free to flame away boys and girls.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Neither.

The problems in this country are directly the fault of the American people as a whole. Somewhere along the line we let it become "OK" to be lazy, greedy, selfish, un-educated (and I don't mean just formal education; how many people today actually know how to fix something that's broken? 150 years ago if you needed a new roof or the wagon needed a new axle, you fixed it yourself. Calling a repairman was a rare thing. We LEARNED how to take care of ourselves and our property).

Somewhere we decided that all politicians were crooked, liars, or fools and there wasn't anything we could do about it. So, we stopped voting, we stopped paying attention to issues, and spent more time worrying about who was going to win American Idol or Survivor, or which Celeb will win an Oscar or an Emmy.

We've gotten comfortable with class-warfare (i.e Rich vs poor) and as long as we have cable TV and more stuff than our neighbors, we're OK. We let our leaders and the media divide us with silliness (Red State vs Blue, Libtards vs Repukes) We're ready to stomp anyone who dares suggest that America is not the greatest country ever and we refuse to even consider their opposing argument because we have an innate fear of thoughts that might make us a bit uncomfortable.

Rich vs Poor? Bull****; the problem is you and me. We've forgotten that we're all Americans and that it will take all colors, beliefs, and persuasions to fix whats wrong. And if we don't find a way to quickly remember that fact, we're doomed.

Feel free to flame away boys and girls.

How will knowing how to fix our own roof help us elect better politicians?

People have always been lazy, greedy, selfish and uneducated.

Solutions that require "us" as a whole to be better people will never work. All attempts in history that require that solution fail, and many of them lead to terrible tragedy.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The problem with the country lies in the people who have watch ed too much Robin Hood. They think it is ok to take fromt he rich and give to the poor.

Theft is theft whether or not you mean well by it or whether or not it is condoned by the government.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I blame old people.
    Careful Monkey! :)

If the rich are to blame, they could also fix the problem by distributing their wealth to the poor. Then everyone would be the same (temporarily) and we'd have to define a different dichotomy.

Let's be a bit more pragmatic on the original question of who's to blame. People are to blame. It's always been that way. If you believe in the Bible, you can lay this at the hands of Eve for talking Adam into eating the forbidden fruit. Wives have been influencing their husbands since day one, and people have been taking advantage of each other for even longer.

Disclaimer: Portraying Eve as the cause of Adam's fall is only an example. Actual mileage on this assertion may vary.

Top Bottom