Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Who is rich again?

19% of Amercians they are the top 1% of earners...

If "rich" is the top 5%... then mostly the poor - since everyone's vote counts and the poor would represent the majority of voters.

If "rich" is the top 50%... then it becomes a lot harder to decide...

I do not believe people like Bill Gates are the problem...

Maybe Donald Trump... he just makes us look bad as a people... LOL

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've let this thread go on long enough without telling what the problem is. Here is the cause of most of America's problem: Soccer. That's right, soccer. We didn't have these problems when we had pickup football games, sandlot baseball games, and dodgeball in gym class. Soccer is ruining this country, with its everyone participates, everyone gets a trophy, everyone gets a chance to play. Soccer, I tell you, soccer.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've let this thread go on long enough without telling what the problem is. Here is the cause of most of America's problem: Soccer. That's right, soccer. We didn't have these problems when we had pickup football games, sandlot baseball games, and dodgeball in gym class. Soccer is ruining this country, with its everyone participates, everyone gets a trophy, everyone gets a chance to play. Soccer, I tell you, soccer.

QFT.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

The damn yungins with their soccer, and their iphones.

Get off my lawn.

Now that we can all agree that soccer is the root cause of all the problems in society...

We must ask ourselves... who is responsible for the soccer outbreak... the rich or the poor?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Who is rich again?

19% of Amercians they are the top 1% of earners...

If "rich" is the top 5%... then mostly the poor - since everyone's vote counts and the poor would represent the majority of voters.

If "rich" is the top 50%... then it becomes a lot harder to decide...

I do not believe people like Bill Gates are the problem...

Maybe Donald Trump... he just makes us look bad as a people... LOL

The damn yungins with their soccer, and their iphones.

Get off my lawn.

Now that we can all agree that soccer is the root cause of all the problems in society...

We must ask ourselves... who is responsible for the soccer outbreak... the rich or the poor?

This was my point by asking the OP to define the terms HE used. He still hasn't done that, proving by the way not only his refusal to play by the rules of logical discourse, but also revealing some important things about himself.

Fifty percent of the people in this country pay no income taxes. One percent pay 40% of the taxes. Is this where the lines are drawn? The wealthiest segment of our society receives payments from the poorest in the form of payroll taxes. Are these people, with the largest accumulated wealth, but with relatively lower incomes than the top tier, are these the rich? If the OP would display the moral courage to define his OWN terms, I could give him a pretty good answer.

He's right about one thing, though. This thread is too difficult for me when I'm forced to guess what's going on in his mind.

But then the original question itself betrayed a certain set of...limitations, and for that, perhaps I should just say, there but for the grace of God.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm too poor to be rich and too rich to be poor,

Seems like I dump 1/2 money to the Gov't and wonder what services I get, I send my kids to school and have to pay for books and lunches while drug addicts and low lifes down the road send thier kids to a all day babysitter and get free books and lunches and all the little F'ups do is cause problems and distrupt school

people on welfare get better internet service than I do, don't pay for heating and my dad and son work at the church to hand food out to them and then they walk down the street throwing out the cans of food they don't like, just leave it on the sidewalk.

I've never worried about a rich guy breaking into my barn to steal stuff,

At least the rich when they steal from me they are worried about going to jail, the P.O.S.'s poor people don't worry about jail and even when they get caught they don't go to jail, or get 30 days and with the court system the almost can pick when they want to go. so they pick out Jan Feb or march so they don't have to worry about the cold, they get thier teeth fixed and get medical treatment.

Things are UP SIDE DOWN, I like to think of myself as a good guy but welfare system is broke, I'm afraid of unemployment benifits, I like to think that the system is working and it might be there if something bad happens to my or my wifes job but who knows,

Thats right me and my wife both work to keep a small house out in the country, we save for all year to buy a luxury item, While the pot growers down the road pay cash for a new harley and drive a big quad cab New GM truck, They get caught with a pickup load of pot, and I mean a real load, it was still on the stalks but it humped up a full sized pickup, and he spends 4 weeks in jail and his wife keeps selling, while they sign up thier drug addict daughter for welfare for her second child before her 19th birthday, but she has cash for tramp stamps and ATV's

OOps fell off my soapbox I'll quit now

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ... Fifty percent of the people in this country pay no income taxes. One percent pay 40% of the taxes. ...
    Herein lies a large part of the problem. While the percentage has changed over the years, a tremendous number of people have no income tax liability. Many actually receive money back in the form of Earned Income Credit. IMO, this is nothing less than Congress buying votes. Is the EITC still set to expire this year?

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    I promise you, I can look through any period of history, at any time and provide you with all the examples you can stand of all of these traits.

These traits always exist. It's the test of a system how well it takes these human failings into account.

I agree all these traits have existed in every society, from the start to their fall, the difference lies in the percentage of the citizenship that poses these traits are in the majority.

Top Bottom