Who is excited about Star Wars 7 ?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I saw Episode IV at a drive-in theater. I'll see Episode VII here in Brownsburg, probably after Christmas (when we can catch a matinee).

I was just over 3 years old. My aunt (third of four, where my dad was oldest) and her then-boyfriend took me along with his nieces and nephews. I took a little nap, but woke up during the shootout at the trash compactor. I had a good time anyway!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Phantom Menace was that high? I would have guessed 30s.

It was easily one of the worst written "popular" screenplays I've seen ever. The "blockade" lacked "referential integrety", to barrow a database term, to the point that it created too many plot holes. And, too much time was spent on unimportant plot lines. For example, how long does a damn pod race have to be to inform the audience of young Anakin's exceptional abilities? Most of it was gratuitous CGI filler.

I'd love to see the I - III rewritten by professional screenwriters and directed by a competent director. Lucas having complete creative control might have eliminated some internal squabbling, but in the end the output was limited to just his ability and creativity. It shows what happens when the big ideas guy tries also to be the details guy.

Empire, the best of the franchise (imo), is 94%.

I'd have to agree. Sounds like TFA may be on level with that, though.

I probably won't see it for several weeks. My pathological dislike of crowds is much stronger than my anticipation to see it.

I accidentally went to see American Sniper the weekend it came out. Not sure why but I mistakenly thought it had been out for weeks. I walked into a large theater, shocked to see just about every seat taken. I was inclined to leave, but the wife talked me into staying after we saw a couple of unoccupied seats on the side. Very distracting, though. Every crunch of popcorn or slurp of soda within ear shot just pulls me out of the story.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It's been reported that George Lucas was actually brought back in to make a special edition DVD release when SW7 finally goes to video.

[video=youtube;v93Jh6JNBng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Started reading a review from a reputable source and it contained a spoiler. I stopped reading! I'll see the movie tomorrow and will wait until I've seen it to read any more. But, after I've seen it, there really isn't a need to read a review.....

...hmmm,

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Started reading a review from a reputable source and it contained a spoiler. I stopped reading! I'll see the movie tomorrow and will wait until I've seen it to read any more. But, after I've seen it, there really isn't a need to read a review.....

...hmmm,

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I need to watch what links I'm clicking on. Not going until Sat.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom