Who is excited about Star Wars 7 ?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's a Star Wars movie, nuff said........ If the aesthetic is closer to IV I'll be stoked.
    I II III were too digitally "jar jarring"

I don't buy the "it's a Star Wars movie" crap. The first two were groundbreaking, original (with apologies to Japanese cinema), and simply blew you away. SW, while fun, isn't much else. Nerdy SW purists, will look at this film, and ask how, after the excellent stories from the clone wars series, why SW7 felt so familiar. I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed. But to be fair, im only upset about the story. Everything else was very well done.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I will let the initial surge die down and then possibly do the big screen.

Come on down to Mooresville and watch it, we were in the 3D viewing last night and the theater was 1/3 to 1/2 empty. Actually surprised by the light turn out but then everyone probably headed to the Mega's for whatever reason. The 3D for two tickets was $21 so I guess that's not too bad (coming from a guy who can remember 50 cent matinees on Saturdays!)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CWeE_riWcAAqQ-h.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    It was our first time at Flix Brewhouse last night; a bit of a drive for us at the 2 am end time but worth it.

I haven't been to the Studio Movie Grill yet to make a comparison with a similar venue, but the Flix had nice comfy seats, ordering food and beer was easy.

The best past though is being able to reserve your seat: especially if you are doing dinner and a movie anyway. No rushing from dinner to get to the theater, no standing in line for popcorn.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Come on down to Mooresville and watch it, we were in the 3D viewing last night and the theater was 1/3 to 1/2 empty. Actually surprised by the light turn out but then everyone probably headed to the Mega's for whatever reason. The 3D for two tickets was $21 so I guess that's not too bad (coming from a guy who can remember 50 cent matinees on Saturdays!)

3D lost it's appeal quite some time ago. You can look at how theaters schedule their 2d and 3d shows and see there is not much demand for the 3d showings.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    3D lost it's appeal quite some time ago. You can look at how theaters schedule their 2d and 3d shows and see there is not much demand for the 3d showings.

Never was a fan of 3D in the days of red and green lenses, but the new generation actually looks pretty good. It's not over the top like any of the old stuff with fireballs, rocks or rabid piranhas leaping out of the screen at you. More subtle nowadays to actually enhance the scene instead of overpowering it. There was one scene where a star destroyer was front and center on the screen and it literally looked like you could reach up to it and take hold of it. It had been a long time since I'd seen a 3D movie and then we tried it with the Martian and thought we'd try it with Star Wars. We're going to do the IMAX viewing in a week or two and no doubt the IMAX will put the 3D to shame.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am amused at the observations regarding the Abrams influence and being reminded of Star Trek. We will know he went over the top if one of the future installments is "The Empire Strikes the Borg". :):

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have work of from Wednesday on this coming week so my son and I are going to see it Wednesday afternoon. Already Fandangoed the tickets!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom