• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Coming home from work I noticed that my internet was out. Restarting the router, etc didn't fix it. Meh.. I'll just wait a while and go watch some TV. Hmm... TV is out too... odd. Give it an hour or so to do its thing and try again.. no dice. Call Comcast up and they "are aware of an outage in my area, and a tech has been sent out". Well, that's all fine and dandy, aside from my neighbor still having full service.

Around 11pm, I decide to go out back and check the cable, see if its packed with ice or something.. and my 2 way splitter is gone. O.o

Seriously? Who steals a cable splitter? Good thing I have a small box of them that I acquired from my hotel stays.

.... oh wait..

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Used to have trouble at work with guys ripping off my flashlight (issued free to anyone). I wrote on the new one with big black marker "FREE TAKE ME". Never lost another one. Took the thrill away, I guess.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Some people, given the chance, will steal anything that isn't bolted down. And if it is, they'll try. When I was still working for Kroger, we had someone at a store that was stealing Land o Lakes unsalted butter, 4 sticks at a time. We'd find the packages all over the store. Never caught the person, and not sure if we'd have wanted to. Seriously, who steals butter?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I had a friend in college that used to steal bathroom keys at gas stations. He'd return the key ring, pole, brick, whatever they had tied to it...but take the key.

Still funny....

Even funnier...he's a police officer now.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I had a friend in college that used to steal bathroom keys at gas stations. He'd return the key ring, pole, brick, whatever they had tied to it...but take the key.

Still funny....

Even funnier...he's a police officer now.
    That's just so wrong.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I worked at the Triple XXX outside Purdue campus it would be the same thing every year.
    Each spring, when the new semester started we would start losing condiment containers, and silverware.

We would lose 15-20 sets of glass salt and pepper shakers (full of course), glass sugar dispensers, and uncountable amount of silverware.

The funny thing was that we would get about half of the salt and pepper shakers and the sugar dispensers back at the end of the year!
    They would just show back up one morning after a football game, empty, and dirty of course.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    When I worked at the Triple XXX outside Purdue campus it would be the same thing every year.
    Each spring, when the new semester started we would start losing condiment containers, and silverware.

We would lose 15-20 sets of glass salt and pepper shakers (full of course), glass sugar dispensers, and uncountable amount of silverware.

The funny thing was that we would get about half of the salt and pepper shakers and the sugar dispensers back at the end of the year!
    They would just show back up one morning after a football game, empty, and dirty of course.

Education is so expensive no days we must not be able to afford $5 worth of condiments.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Some people, given the chance, will steal anything that isn't bolted down. And if it is, they'll try. When I was still working for Kroger, we had someone at a store that was stealing Land o Lakes unsalted butter, 4 sticks at a time. We'd find the packages all over the store. Never caught the person, and not sure if we'd have wanted to. Seriously, who steals butter?
    And unsalted butter at that. Sounds kinda kinky....

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Was it a newer high bandwidth splitter or an older 600-800mhz splitter? Make sure you get a high bandwidth splitter or you're just capping your speed. The cable company doesn't tell people this since it's not in their best interest.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I can't believe they were never caught.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The house I'm day dreaming of buying to rehab was gutted of its copper plumbing, electrical conduit, and ductwork. While I'm now reasonably certain it was the previous legitimate residents who did the deed, I'm still paranoid about what will I do once I have a new A/C condenser sitting on its new concrete pad and visible from the street. I'm thinking make the pad about 6" thick and full of rebar with big, honkin' threaded rod sticking up, bolting (nutting?) down an angry looking steel cage to prevent its future theft. Not sure what to do about plastic utility boxes. Those things would still succumb to a sledgehammer blow, even if you welded wire rope around their security ties.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Nobody loves me but my mama, (but she could be jivin' too.....)

[video=youtube_share;OIW4ARVbhrw]http://youtu.be/OIW4ARVbhrw[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The house I'm day dreaming of buying to rehab was gutted of its copper plumbing, electrical conduit, and ductwork. While I'm now reasonably certain it was the previous legitimate residents who did the deed, I'm still paranoid about what will I do once I have a new A/C condenser sitting on its new concrete pad and visible from the street. I'm thinking make the pad about 6" thick and full of rebar with big, honkin' threaded rod sticking up, bolting (nutting?) down an angry looking steel cage to prevent its future theft. Not sure what to do about plastic utility boxes. Those things would still succumb to a sledgehammer blow, even if you welded wire rope around their security ties.

Mount it on the roof. Pretty common for the very reason you speak of. I've seen where they were bolted down to a formidable slab and the thieves destroyed it when they realized they couldn't steal it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

The senior prank when my oldest graduated high school was similar. Throughout the year the kids pocketed all of the silverware. By the end of the year they were using plastic "silverware". At graduation as the principal handed each student their diploma each student handed him a handful of silverware!

Top Bottom