• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I was just curious as to reasons why some don't own an AR. I've seen some statements made in other threads about "excuses to buy that first AR". I thought that most folks on guns boards would own at least 1. They're not terribly expensive; they are reliable, accurate, are multipurpose, modular and mags are cheap.

No moneys :(

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I have changed my tune a bit. I never really liked the idea of a "Mr. Potato Head/Lego" gun, but after looking at the platform really hard, it's tough to not appreciate how versatile these rifles can be. I now have an Adams Arms piston-driven carbine that I just love, enough so that I let go of my Mini-14, and have a mid-length on the way. It took me awhile, but I really, really dig this platform... light, super easy to work on, break down, field strip, customize, and enjoy.

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Now this thread has me thinking maybe once I get a job I should pick up a stripped lower and build it a piece at a time. Unfortunately I don't have the room to shoot it here at home. :/

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    I picked my first AR right before the last panic started, so didn't overpay much. Life has gotten in the way and I haven't been able to shoot it, but hopefully that will change soon when/if I can hit the upcoming NWI event. I also scored a few lowers and a bunch of parts that I hope to turn into an AR SBRs at some point.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    They just do not trip my trigger. I have shot some before but never had an interest in buyin one.

This was how I felt. Until about three years ago. I saw how cheap a stripped lower was (Delaware Mach.) I think I picked it up for $80 otd.
    This is my goto rifle usually. If someone says "lets go shooting " it's what I grab. Cheap to load, no recoil, accurate, what more could you ask for?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    For the longest time, I've been short on cash and just recently been able to afford one. That's pretty much it on why I haven't gotten one sooner

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    Why a AR , reliability ,very low recoil ,accuracy , great for small game , unlimited parts , up grads in all components , darn fun to shoot , great home self defense and NATO rounds . That,s why I bought two back in the early 90ts . I bought 2 Colts , I have upgraded both , one for short range one for long . The military has not had this platform for better then 45 years for no reason .

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I dont have an AR yet, I keep buying other guns or have to pay bills. Can never save the amount I want for the AR I want. O well, Ill get there sometime soon I guess.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I didn't pickup my first AR until 2010, never could talk myself into spending the $$$ before that. I also didn't use my firearms for much more than hunting or home defense before that either. I still have a lot to learn but the AR will always have a place in our household.

Nevernoluck2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Peru
    Well I'm getting started on my first build, picking up a lower tomorrow, have a few other parts already that might go on it thanks to a forum member here

thecoltsman2006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    Well I did it. I purchased a DPMS complete lower 5.56. Was going to get a swiss k31 but after this thread I couldnt help myself.

Top Bottom