• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Just going on as usual not much left to buy :): If it is out of stack I will just wait till it comes in no need to panic and pay more than its worth. Now last week when gas got below $3.00 I did fill all the vehicles up. So I guess I did panic buy gas:rockwoot:

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    I haven't. It's only because I can't find anything I want or need left on the shelves! I'd like to go out and plink a little, but I can't find any .22's.

Mrbill69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Coal City, IN
    Not me. Those who didn't take the clue 4 years ago deserve to pay these high prices. When this all settles out there will be a lot of dummies out there with guns that they have 2 time what they're worth in them just like the last panic.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Nope

No panic buying here. No reason to. It will all calm down eventually. It is funny though to watch people act goofy though.:D

IXC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    No panic buying just upgrades to ones I already had. Night sights and stuff like that.

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    I haven't done any panicking buying. I always bought what I thought I needed. Despite this I can see how easy it is to get caught up in it, in the back of my mind I feel like I don't have enough magazines even though realistically I know I do. I also think about things I have gotten rid of over the years, specifically when I used to give away USGI AR mags to friends because I had so many lying around.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've done LESS buying than I planned to after the 1st. Was planning on making a big bulk purchase on ammo after the 1st to cover the rest of the year, planned training courses, etc. but all this panic and the insuing price hikes have kept me from doing that. I buy the fair deals where I can, but I'm not willing to pay $1 a pop

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    No panic buying here! I did buy myself a nice Colt 1917 Revolver for Christmas. I don't think those are on Mrs. Frankenstein's ban list...yet.

Most of my collection, although mostly military surplus, don't have those features that make them dangerous. You know pistol grips and flashlight mounts!

If I'm not mistaken, the only two of my collection in dispute are the SKS and the M1 Carbine. And those were recently lost in a boating accident. Been a lot of THAT going around. You know we responsible gun owners need some boating safety training!!!

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    no panic buy here either. sadly tho, a planned purchase that i was saving most the year for and waiting for my xmas bonus to put me over the top, will have to wait until the bubble bursts...

Very similar thing happened to me. Was debating on which of two rifle's to purchase for my xmas gift to myself when the school shooting happened. Got lucky in the classifieds here recently when what I was wanting popped up for for what I would have ended up paying for the same off the shelf after shipping and FFL transfer.

Now its just a matter of finding ammo for it. But I can wait.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I wasn't going to... But then I saw some mags for my AR57, so I bought 3. I would't have bought them at this time if everyone wasn't like:runaway:

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The only thing I ordered were 3 more BX-25 mags for my 10/22. They are still on back order from Ruger but hopefully I get them before any ban that may or may not happen. I'm not too concerned with stocking up on ammo, it will be available soon enough.

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I have not.. cant say i havent tried but i just cant bring myself to pay the high prices..I hope they come down soon

brrytrry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I refuse to pay the inflated prices but if something comes along at a decent price I might pick it up. I guess the only panic buying I did was finishing the AR I had started and ordering 10 Pmags the day of the Sandyhook shooting so I got them pre panic prices. I guess you could call that a panic but buy I knew this craziness was comming.

Top Bottom