• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Non hater here!! Ive owned a few Taurus firearms, no problems for me. Granted, they have been revolvers, I dont have any experience with their semi autos. Obviously from the previous comments several here trust their lives to them..

No, they aren't as pretty as a S&W or a Colt, but for the $ they are good guns in my eyes

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    The tcp380 was notorious about jamming when they came out. They had an ejector problem. I had to send one back for the same reason, I believe that they figured out the problem and have since resolved it. If you search ingo there were multiple threads about it.
    From what I have read on the tcp380 . There is A,B,C Models. The A Models up to about 60,000 had issues. All B and C models are good to go. I have a B Model and is a great little pocket pistol. Just stay away from the A models and you would be fine. Jim

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I've owned three Taurus firearms and each had a different malfunction issue. Each was sent in for service, but none of them were fixed to my satisfaction. Each time the LGS from whom I had made the purchase took the firearm back and gave me full value in trade toward a different firearm.

Won't waste room in my safe to own another.... Period....

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Can't stand 'em. Judge was my first and last experience with them...."Sure, go ahead and send that back to us and we'll fix that frozen cylinder"....The note inside when I got it back..."We have repaired your front site post, thank you Mr. S"...No morons, the cylinder is frozen..."Oh sure, go ahead and send that back to us".....Sold it on Armslist as broken, under warranty...

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    my first taurus was a tcp 380 and it was great for about a week then it started jamming on the first round that is put in the chamber i tryed multiple bullets and every one did it so i dont know what was wrong with it but i hate taurus and thats why i didnt feel like it was a safe and reliable gun

Was it grape or strawberry jam?

I have about 1500 rounds through my 24/7 OSS and have only had 3 malfunctions. The last of which I have attributed to it needing a new recoil spring. Other than the spring wearing out, which can happen in any autoloader, I am very happy with the gun.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep I hate Taurus. The only one Ive ever seen run even 80% is my uncles PT1911. Ive owned 1 Taurus revolver and 1 semi-auto Both had to go back for repair and both came back still having similar issues if not the same issue. Never again for me.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I like Taurus guns. An 850CIA rides in my front pocket everyday. I have 4 Taurus reveolvers and 1 PT92. They work fine.
    Their lifetime warrenty is no joke. I had a problem with one of my 20yr old revolvers, sent it back to them and they rebuilt it. No cost to me other than shipping it to them.

I own lots of other manufacturers guns as well and can recommend many of the others.

Heck I like em all!!!:draw::rockwoot:

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have never had any experience with one but that being said I have family members that won't have anything to do with them. They always said they were junk but from what I here they are getting better than a few years back. Like I said this is what I have heard not my opinion....

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    tAURUS DOES NOT MAKE A BAD GUN, LOTS OF SHOOTERS LIKE THEM. yoU HAVE TO REMEMBER THOUGH IF YOU BUY A tAURUS AND EXPECT A COLT YOU WILL BE DISAPOINTED.

So - did Taurus make your caps lock key? :D

Actually, I've owned a couple and never had a lick of problem with them. I carry a Kahr now, but that's just because I like the trigger better and prefer the size of the CM9 over the 709 Slim.

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Manufacturing is an imperfect process. Any brand of anything at anytime can have a slip up. One incident and you hate everything they make? I hate lack of intelligence.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom