• repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Oops, I had a dumb ass attack, sorry.

Hahaha, if everyone else is wrong, go with either you are a genius, or maybe you are wrong and everyone else is right. Although, I do have to say, just cause something is the majority, does not make it right.

Dang it, you edited that before i posted, so now all that hard though out post, is just completely shot. Way to go, dream killer. hahaha

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hahaha, if everyone else is wrong, go with either you are a genius, or maybe you are wrong and everyone else is right. Although, I do have to say, just cause something is the majority, does not make it right.

Dang it, you edited that before i posted, so now all that hard though out post, is just completely shot. Way to go, dream killer. hahaha

My apologies sir. I reread and decided my post made little sense.
    Sorry you got to see a chink in my genius. :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tried to rep ya for this, but have to wait 24 hours for more rep. Geez.

Thank you. And all because I made a pretty stupid post that I didn't get killed off in time for anyone to see it.

I sincerely appreciate it, but I really don't care much about rep at all. Why don't you give it to Hemingway? He needs a little gratification.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Wow...I just read this and the AR15 thread and my head is spinning. I don't post on here as much anymore but read a lot. I do want to take a TR class next year but it is because of a couple good reviews from people who have participated there. Personally, I have no local ranges that will let you do double taps without getting an ear full if the range officers are around. So, that being said the only "real world" experience I can get is from taking classes. After I take the class down there I will post my opinion after I see things with my own eyes and welcome hearing any others experience from first hand knowledge whether positive or negative.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow...I just read this and the AR15 thread and my head is spinning. I don't post on here as much anymore but read a lot. I do want to take a TR class next year but it is because of a couple good reviews from people who have participated there. Personally, I have no local ranges that will let you do double taps without getting an ear full if the range officers are around. So, that being said the only "real world" experience I can get is from taking classes. After I take the class down there I will post my opinion after I see things with my own eyes and welcome hearing any others experience from first hand knowledge whether positive or negative.

It is my understanding that most local ranges look the other way on the "rapid fire" rule during training courses.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    It is my understanding that most local ranges look the other way on the "rapid fire" rule during training courses.

Training yes but you can't just practice it. It is kind of hard to practice something when you are only allowed to do it a few times of year when you pay for a class.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    maybe this common place I have just heard about it ,as i have not yet trained with anyone.
    talking to one of our range officers ,who does training of leo among others.
    they train in a facility in denver with replica pistols that shoot 'for lack of a better term "a lazer and the "gun" simulates recoil via a co2 operated action.
    This allows them to practice in a 360 deg environment with no safety concerns,and no hearing protection.
    I thought this was an interesting concept,matbe it's commonplace to those of you who train regularly.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Dry fire practice.. better than no practice

Agree, dry fire, or there is a new "pistol" out there, called the SIRT. From the reviews that I have heard, its a great trainer, allowing you to see where you break shots, as well as practice drills and shooting skills with it. I know there was a review on here not too long ago that another INGO member posted. I will have to try and find it here for you.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...eview_sirt_pro_110_laser_training_pistol.html

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Training yes but you can't just practice it. It is kind of hard to practice something when you are only allowed to do it a few times of year when you pay for a class.

Good point. A lot of ranges will not allow a person to draw from a holster, shoot multiple rapid shoots, or engage targets that are less the 15/25 yards away. A lot can be done with dry fire or a blue gun but it is still not a complete replacement.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    People over emphasize the role of live fire in training. The majority of defense training can be done with a blue gun.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Agreed as well. I have used both BB pistols and airsoft to practice.. not near as much as I should.. :(

Fundamentals, are fundamentals the only thing your do not get from airsoft or BBc guns is recoil management. But, the plus for me is if your build a couple of traps your can recycle your BBs and soft pellets almost indefinitely...

What can I say, I am cheap...:dunno:

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So eight pages and not one person who has taken a class from Tactical Response, and specifically James Yeager, who hates him? Nobody? WTF?

I read this whole damn thread. Wasted ten minutes of my life that I will never get back. You guys suck with your lack of hatred.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So eight pages and not one person who has taken a class from Tactical Response, and specifically James Yeager, who hates him? Nobody? WTF?

I read this whole damn thread. Wasted ten minutes of my life that I will never get back. You guys suck with your lack of hatred.

I hate these kind of responses. /\ :noway:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

guess you did not really read most of it. Since i (and everyone else on INGO) does not have unlimited time and funds, they are saying that they would rather go elsewhere instead of there. Now, if you are willing to pay for my course, and find out how to give me leave time from the Army without it counting against my leave, then ill be glad to go, and ill post back here. But since I do not have the money or the leave time, looks like ill spend my little money and time elsewhere.

Top Bottom