• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    26 or 19 in a Galco King Tuck. OWB is typical, but the 26 and 19 both conceal for me very well. I do not wear skinny jeans, I am using a 5.11 belt with Kydex insert, and I'm 6'ish 200lbs.

I also throw the 26 into a Galco Ankle Glove and with normal fitting jeans or BDUs very few people would ever notice it. That's with the pinky extension on it.

King Tuk here as well, with either a 26/27 or 19/23, using a Daltech Force Biobelt.

IWB everyday carry normally at night. I'm thin.

Yep, the 26 works nicely with an IWB. I tend to push it back to the 5:30 or so area, just as it seems to tuck in there best for me. If I was a bit thinner, it could come forward more without any issue.

Get one (or as others have said a 19 also works nicely), you won't regret it. Pick up the 26 now, and then a 19 to go with it.

Thickness of the Glock is no issue.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    When Im not carrying my GLock 30SF I am carrying my Glock 26. I use a blackhawk serpa owb holster. Usually the only time it is concealed is when its cold out and I have a coat on, Otherwise I mostly open carry. The G26 is substanitally lighter, smaller and more comfortable to carry than the G30SF. I carry the G26 probably 80% of the time vs. the G30SF.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Interesting.

I can't imagine the archangel being any better than it is now, but I may send Dale an email..

I couldn't either, then I tried the JM aiwb w/ extra tuck and it made the 19 print smaller than a 26 in an AA. Just sayin'. I'll do some print pics before and after with my 19.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I carry one as well. I first carried it using a Don Hume IWB holster and the Galco Miami Lite shoulder rig, then would switch to a Versa Carry in the summer. Eventually I began using the Versa Carry exclusively, until I installed the Clipdraw on it. Now that's the only way I do it. Love the 26, but still have a 17 with a light as a house gun.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    It's my EDC. I also use it for comp occasionally. I took first place in the Production division at the USPSA match in Niles, MI, last weekend with it. It's a great carry piece. I used to carry a PPS but found it about as easy to carry a 1911, lolz. I use a Galco king tuck IWB around 4 o'clock. It rocks a set of TFOs and a minus connector.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've taken to carrying a Glock 27 with a Lone Wolf 27-9 conversion barrel and Glock 26 mags. It's been perfect for over 200 rounds and makes a good gun to carry IWB once in a while if I come home from work and don't feel like carrying the 1911 or Glock 23. As much as I like the Glock 27, I do find the 27 with the 9mm conversion barrel to work very well for me. It gives me an extra round in the mag as well as an extra 4 in the spare mag.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Have a crossbreed supertuck like many here. My 27 conceals in it well but a 19 is a bit harder due to grip length (may work better in a different holster). I have not carried a CW9 but have handled one and I feel it is a bit larger (excluding thickness) than the subcompact glock between them and the 19.

I think it may be safe to say you would be fine carrying the glock as it is thicker but that is about it. I do find the CM9 easier to carry than the Glock 26 or 27 for obvious reasons. But if you are adding a bit of thickness and losing on the grip length which is where you get most of your print from should be fine.

So continuing to address the printing, the fact that you are skinny should make your clothes be a bit looser on your middle therefore a thicker pistol shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. I say go for it!

I know this is controversial to some haha but AIWB may be a good option to consider here too if you are worried about how the change will affect concealment.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've found myself leaning more towards a glock 26 lately. Right now I have a Kahr cw9. It would be nice to have the extra 3 rounds and be able to use other glock magazines in the 26 as well.

To whom has one, do they conceal well being over 1" thick? Do you love it?!

I've yet to shoot one, however.

Interesting. I have been considering the same thing. I carry a CM9, and thought more rounds would be better and there have been concerns on INGO about frame wear on the little Kahrs. I was actually at my LGS this morning checking out the G26 Gen 4. Nice pistol. But as much as I try I just can't make myself like the feel of the Glock in my hand. And I have tried. I love my little CM9...both of them. And if I wear them out, which I seriously doubt, I will probably look at the Glock again, and not get it again. It concealed fine. Felt great in the belt. Great gun, just make sure you try one before you buy one. On a side note The SR9c felt really good in my hand. And about $150 cheaper. 10 rounds or 17. Hmmm. Maybe a better choice. To each his own. It's great having so many choices. :laugh:

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I prefer my pm9 over my G26 for carry. I have a MS Versa Max II for the 26 which carries great, however I like something a little thinner. Love shooting the G26 and have never had an ounce of trouble with it.
    I also have a CM9 and a G26. I almost never carry the G26 in the summer; it's a winter fun for me. The CM9 is much easier to conceal with light clothes.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Glock-27, currently in a horsehide pocket holster, in my coat pocket with a 12 rd spare in a horsehide mag carrier that holds a flashlight too. Knife, cell phone, keys and me, remember that anytime you mugs see me in public!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :dunno:.......If can carry '26.......then ya ought'a be able ta carry a '27 (1.18 in width)

Mine?.......75% time.....the '27........the other 25%......the '30.......cain't tell much diff in neither 1 of'em......carrywise......:dunno:

YMMV.......an' prolly does...

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I've found myself leaning more towards a glock 26 lately. Right now I have a Kahr cw9. It would be nice to have the extra 3 rounds and be able to use other glock magazines in the 26 as well.

To whom has one, do they conceal well being over 1" thick? Do you love it?!

I've yet to shoot one, however.

Wifey bought a CW9 to carry on those days she wanted something a bit slimmer than her G26 which is her EDC. She carried it for exactly half a day before I was informed it was time to sell the Kahr - she was going back to her 26.

Just sayin'.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I carry a G27 either in an ankle rig, or IWB. If it is IWB, it is the only one on me. If it is in the ankle rig, then I also have either a G22 or G23 and that will be either inner or outer waist depending on where I am going, what I am wearing, and sometimes just on my mood. Although now I am in Texas so outer waist is off the table unless on private property.
    Anyways, back to the G27. I had been carrying a 5 shot snub .357 on my ankle before that and the Glock is a bit smaller regarding thickness but I never had anybody notice the snub on my ankle so that did not matter much.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I carry one as well. I first carried it using a Don Hume IWB holster and the Galco Miami Lite shoulder rig, then would switch to a Versa Carry in the summer. Eventually I began using the Versa Carry exclusively, until I installed the Clipdraw on it. Now that's the only way I do it. Love the 26, but still have a 17 with a light as a house gun.

Sounds like you had to try a few things before you got it right. Clipdraw? The gun doesn't move around though? I mean it has one clip holding it to your belt/pants? Have you ever tried a crossbreed/aliengear style holster?

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Have a crossbreed supertuck like many here. My 27 conceals in it well but a 19 is a bit harder due to grip length (may work better in a different holster). I have not carried a CW9 but have handled one and I feel it is a bit larger (excluding thickness) than the subcompact glock between them and the 19.

I think it may be safe to say you would be fine carrying the glock as it is thicker but that is about it. I do find the CM9 easier to carry than the Glock 26 or 27 for obvious reasons. But if you are adding a bit of thickness and losing on the grip length which is where you get most of your print from should be fine.

So continuing to address the printing, the fact that you are skinny should make your clothes be a bit looser on your middle therefore a thicker pistol shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. I say go for it!

I know this is controversial to some haha but AIWB may be a good option to consider here too if you are worried about how the change will affect concealment.

Thanks for the tips, however, AIWB, I don't know that I'll ever do idk...I don't wanna shoot my d*ck off!

Top Bottom