• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been looking for Lapua brass in 30-06 for a long time and I keep striking out. I've looked on Midway, Brownells, Midsouth, Natchez, & PowderValley. Who's got another source to check out or any clues to finding some brass? I'm not interested in any other brands of brass. Any leads would be great.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I should have mentioned brassstore-usa. I emailed asking to confirm it was in stock and never got a response. I'd never heard of the website and was worried it was a scam. Anyone buy from them before?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Looked at brassstore again and they only take zelle, or crypto. I'm just not comfortable with that and it seems like a scam.
    25+ year IT/Security guy here. IF they dont take credit cards, it is 110% a scam.

Both of those payment methods are untraceable* and are just like cash. Once the money is out of your account you might as well have handed cash to a crackhead at a bus station. You'll never see it again.

*not totally, but in the amounts we are talking about, its not worth it for LEO to claw it back.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't see any of it instoch at the high power supply stores.
    Brunos, Creedmoor Sports, Champions Choice or Freelands.

Maybe put in a call if they will talk to you, to Lapua's USA importers and ask if any is coming our way soon?
    Capstone Precision
    M-TH 6:00am to 4:30pm Central
    Phone: 660-460-2800
    Fax: 660-460-2801
    Email: sales@capstonepg.com

Can I ask why its imperative that you use Lapua brass?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Can I ask why its imperative that you use Lapua brass?
    Honestly, I'm just a brass snob like that. I wish there was a better explanation. When I first got into long range I was using a heavy barreled 30-06 and my loads where modest, but I got 20 ish firings out of that Lapua brass. This new brass would be for a hunting rifle, and I just want to make sure it's setup correctly once and then I'm done worrying about it. I've already got 100 pieces now, and this will just supplement that supply and help keep a stash of ammo on the shelf.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Honestly, I'm just a brass snob like that. I wish there was a better explanation. When I first got into long range I was using a heavy barreled 30-06 and my loads where modest, but I got 20 ish firings out of that Lapua brass. This new brass would be for a hunting rifle, and I just want to make sure it's setup correctly once and then I'm done worrying about it. I've already got 100 pieces now, and this will just supplement that supply and help keep a stash of ammo on the shelf.
    In my world, that's as valid as one needs.
    I have a few hundred in 308 that like you I have maybe 500 still nib just waiting for the other 500 I bought to start to fail.

I wish it was still $28.00 a 100.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I get what you are saying. I'm the same way but picked Starline to be realistic in availability and the quality has been superb.
    I use Starlines 30 carbine for forming other cases and shoot Starline in 45-70 and 45-90.
    It's the hardest brass I have ever reloaded.
    I anneal it before it gets loaded, and the big rifle brass gets annealed with each loading.

Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If you really want it you may just have to purchase the ammo. Same vendor on GB it seems.
    Almost local to me too.

I've considered doing that as well. Lots of Lapua ammunition out there in 30-06. I was just hoping I'd be able to find the brass before having to do that.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    If I'm reading the posts correctly, loaded Lapua 30-06 is about $1.65/round and empty brass is $1.50 each?

For minute of deer, I'd go with the factory ammo, it's probably accurate. At worst, pull the bullets and substitute your favorite load.

Top Bottom