Who All Has Pulled A Funny Very Safe Prank With A Firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    My uncle, dad, and myself were out shooting when I was younger. My uncle brought out his brand new M6 Scout to show off. We decided to make a competition by taking turns shooting cans and other smaller targets with the M6 loaded with .22 lr. On the second or third round of doing shooting like this I snuck a .410 shot shell out of the stock's storage compartment, loaded it in the bottom barrel, and covered the shell's visible brass with my thumb. I walked up to the line and loaded a .22 lr in then took aim and fired the .410 knocking every can down that was set up. My uncle and dad both suprised by the louder report started laughing as I turned grinning declaring that I won the competition.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I've never done this, but you could put some paint on the ring of someone's spotting scope (or binoculars). When they check their shots, they will end up with a ring around their eye.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    when I was 14 I was with my dad,his friends and a "buddy" of mine,I was shooting a pistol for the first time and my "buddy" thought it would be funny to punch my arm as I was shooting. I was sitting at the table with my dad behind me coaching me and just before I pulled the trigger my buddy reached around my dad and punched my arm...yeah was real friggin funny when I had to go to the ER because I had shot my left hand,went in my wrist and came out the top of my hand. I have never seen my dad blow up on someone so bad in my life and when he got home not only did his dad blow up on him but Im surprised he can walk today..as for me several surgeries later and more physical therapy than I can to recall Im fine..have full use of my hand although I still have pain in it quit often.
    pranks and guns dont mix...now pranks not involving guns are awesome! Im a big fan of the classics:):

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Blackpowder 9mm. Fired it out of my Beretta at Eagle Creek. Click, bang, poof of smoke and crap. I extrapolated the charge from .38, reducing the charge per the difference in shell capacity, then adjusting for pressure.

I am trying to figure out black powder .40. :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No if you want to have a little fun with that friend of yours who thinks he is a know it all mechanic (at least in his mind) kinda guy. Get yourself a long thick zip-tie. You know like the ones that are about 2 feet long. Place that around his driveshaft where it will smack on the frame and watch the fun begin.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Or another good one for the guy who drives a dually truck that has no reason to need it other than it looks cool. Let the air out of his inside tires on the duals.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Blackpowder 9mm. Fired it out of my Beretta at Eagle Creek. Click, bang, poof of smoke and crap. I extrapolated the charge from .38, reducing the charge per the difference in shell capacity, then adjusting for pressure.

I am trying to figure out black powder .40. :D

Blackpowder loads in a modern semi-automatic.... not that is a trail i dont think has been blazed before... please start a thread with your experiments... this is very interesting to me.

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    10 years ago, Sam and I taught VUPDblue how to shoot trap at MCFG. If you've ever been there, it's shot at night under lights. I dropped a "special" shell in his shell bag (without him noticing) that had 1 grain of powder(just enough to make the wad clear the barrel), a cork black powder wad (to add room for the load) and filled it with glitter and about 1/10th oz. of shot. That way it feels as heavy as a normal shell. Nick was doing real well till he got to the glitter shot. It was really pretty sparkelly under the lights too! He didn't do well the rest of the round. That was our way to initiate him to our group.

Another way to shake someone up is to slip a really heavy load into someones shell bag when shooting trap or skeet. The report and recoil make them think the gun blew up.

Another good one was to load a bird bomb into your own shotgun and offer it someone else to try a shot while shooting trap. The look on their face is priceless when the "plooop" instead of boom as the gun goes off. They think the round was a squib. Then the report of the bird bomb startles them and they know that they have been had

Top Bottom