Which way would you prefer to pay at an indoor range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which method of paying for indoor range time would you prefer?

• Total voters

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just wondering everyone's opinion on this subject. Seems like every range here in town charges by the 1/2 hr or by the hour. But when I visit my Brother-in-law in the Range we go to in FT Meyers gives you unlimited Rang time as long as you buy their ammo. So vote and we'll see the majority opinion.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    If you're limited to their ammo, it doesn't allow you to test rounds you want to.

Yeah, I just got these steel core rounds, and I can't test them at your indoor range if you make me use your "safe" ammo... :eek:

I promise it wasn't me, Zimm!

Seriously though, is your Brother in Law's range indoor, or in a city? There might be another reason they want to know exactly what ammo you're running.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...he_idiot_who_damaged_kodiak_firing_range.html

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Most indoor ranges have limited space. While it would be nice to get unlimited range time, it would be WAY more polite to take your turn then let someone else have a go.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Or just roll up my garage door, and Im there. Testing hot loads in my SBH is a great way to wake my son when he tries to sleep until noon. (walk out basement, and his room is right over the door I have a back stop behind)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I would rather pay by the hour, as I come in with most my mags already loaded. Also allows me to test rounds that I will be using for self defense and make sure my sights are on for those rounds. Using someone elses rounds, they could be powered down, or really hot rounds, or even both in the same box. Rather not take the chance. Just my 2 cents though

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    At Eagle Creek Pistol Range, we give shooters several price options: An hourly pass for $10, an all-day pass for $20, a ten-visit pass (all-day) for $75 or a season pass (unlimited) for $120. Shooters can always shoot their own ammo and we're fully supervised by NRA-certified Range Safety Officers (At least two RSOs for every ten shooters . This weekend, we had all twenty lanes open and 6 RSOs on duty.)

Guy

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I just got these steel core rounds, and I can't test them at your indoor range if you make me use your "safe" ammo... :eek:

I promise it wasn't me, Zimm!

Seriously though, is your Brother in Law's range indoor, or in a city? There might be another reason they want to know exactly what ammo you're running.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...he_idiot_who_damaged_kodiak_firing_range.html

It is an indoor range operated in a gun shop within the city limits of Fort Meyers Florida. I think its the only range I've ever visited that does it that way but that is part of the curiosity of opening the poll. I went to a HUGE outdoor range in San Antonio once and you could shoot anything there and curiously enough the 45acp rounds that I could have bought from them were
    cheaper the Wall-Marts Win White Box by about $2 or three $3.

Top Bottom