• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    I second the Taurus PT-25. Bought one for my wife. 3 shots in the "quality" mother of pearl grips broke in two pieces. Light primer strikes. Have you tried to pull the slide back on one of these? I understand you load the chamber via the break open barrel but WOW. My wife actually got her palm pinched and held in that sucker. After 20 rounds we returned it. LGS took it back and let us have full price trade toward her Bersa Thunder 380. Much better gun!

08dmax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    I would have to say the lcp. I had one for a while and tried to like it but I just couldn't. I'm also not crazy about .380 anyway

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I bloody well cant do glock. Cant hit a thing with a 17. Didnt care for it, my friend swears by it his PD has it as their duty pistol..and i still cant stand it. Its top heavy recoils to the top and just looks miserable. I know folks love glocks..but not I.

scooterb

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    evansville
    High point 9mm.... Long story behind it but it involves glass breaking and my pocket having $80 less than before... Oh and BTW it wasn't even my gun... I refuse to own one

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana

In no particular order…….*

1. RG-14 A friend who wanted a firearm in the housepurchased it. 3 failures to fire average per cylinder. Threw the gun awaybecause he was scared that whoever purchased it might be injured or do injuryto him.

2. Lorcin 380. Best utilized as an anchor orpaperweight.

3. S & W Sigma. No operating issues, but theworst trigger I’ve ever experienced with the possible exception of number 4.

4. COP 357. 4 barreled derringer. A bad idea thatwas poorly executed. Civil war pepper box engineering with marginally better materials.

5. Bryco 380. When you buy a box of shells, order abox of firing pins and you’ll break even.

6. Walther PPK(s) The second gun I ever purchased,still have it for purely sentimental reasons. I have never been able to rapidfire a magazine without slide groovescut into the web of my hand. D#@n, that hurts.

7. Beretta 92-F, M-9. To numerous the problems tolist. Our servicemen deserve better, much better.

8. Desert Eagle. I succumbed to hype and bought oneafter seeing them in every action/adventure movie in the 90’s. Shoots fine.Bought an expensive shoulder holster to tote it around as a carry piece. Now,one arm is shorter then the other and I walk with a slouch. The things you dowhen you’re young.

9. Any gun by any manufacturer that has succumbed tomarketing firearms in pink or purple. Making deadly weapons into designerfashion statements is a trend that will hopefully die soon. (I’m holdingmy breath and counting to 10) OK, I wasstarting to rave there!
    :twocents:

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I hate the Kel Tec PF9. It was a jamming machine and built like crap. Had it for a month and then sold it. Complete junk.

Yukon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    Agree on Hi-point but not on the Rhino. It is the easiest shooting .357 I've ever owned with the recoil simply pushing straight back into your palm so your not fighting a rising muzzle after every shot. One of the best purchases I have ever made in a carry piece.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville

1. RG-14 A friend who wanted a firearm in the housepurchased it. 3 failures to fire average per cylinder. Threw the gun awaybecause he was scared that whoever purchased it might be injured or do injuryto him.

3. S & W Sigma. No operating issues, but theworst trigger I’ve ever experienced with the possible exception of number 4.

4. COP 357. 4 barreled derringer. A bad idea thatwas poorly executed. Civil war pepper box engineering with marginally better materials.

5. Bryco 380. When you buy a box of shells, order abox of firing pins and you’ll break even.

6. Walther PPK(s) The second gun I ever purchased,still have it for purely sentimental reasons. I have never been able to rapidfire a magazine without slide groovescut into the web of my hand. D#@n, that hurts.

7. Beretta 92-F, M-9. To numerous the problems tolist. Our servicemen deserve better, much better.

8. Desert Eagle. I succumbed to hype and bought oneafter seeing them in every action/adventure movie in the 90’s. Shoots fine.Bought an expensive shoulder holster to tote it around as a carry piece. Now,one arm is shorter then the other and I walk with a slouch. The things you dowhen you’re young.

9. Any gun by any manufacturer that has succumbed tomarketing firearms in pink or purple. Making deadly weapons into designerfashion statements is a trend that will hopefully die soon. (I’m holdingmy breath and counting to 10) OK, I wasstarting to rave there!
    i agree and disagree. making pistol purple and pink is horrible. but a weapon should be part of your warddrobe. its a fashion statement. Nicholas Cage in Faceoff comes to mind. How about Denzel Washington in Training day? any western. cowboys got shiny guns for a reason. because everybody could see it and it looked cool.
    funny how both of my examples were 1911s. i had a third that wasnt one, but i did not think anyone here would get it.

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    i agree and disagree. making pistol purple and pink is horrible. but a weapon should be part of your warddrobe. its a fashion statement. Nicholas Cage in Faceoff comes to mind. How about Denzel Washington in Training day? any western. cowboys got shiny guns for a reason. because everybody could see it and it looked cool.
    funny how both of my examples were 1911s. i had a third that wasnt one, but i did not think anyone here would get it.

I am with you, in sorts. I own a VTAC M&P and it is in FDE (or gold, depending on who you ask) and I prefer my pistol to not look like every other pistol out there. While I won't own a pink or purple or feminine colored pistol, I do see the reasoning for off-color (anything but black) pistols.

My least favorite is the XD series, they just feel awkward in my hand.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    For me, the gun I hated the most was the Kimmel 9. Anyone have one these in the 90's?

attachment.php

Biggest POS I have ever owned (and I still have an old Iberia Arms .40 S&W laying around... which I would gladly sell if someone wanted to own a precursor to Hi-Point. $50 and it's all yours). That damn Kimmel would constantly jam. I could never get it to work right. My crass buddy nicknamed it the Gimpel 9. I ended up trading it for a .380 Makarov, which was probably one of the best trades I ever made. I finally sold that Makarov to a buddy. I was sad to see if go, but he wanted it as a carry piece and it mainly sat in my closet (he still carries it too).

Now, the gun I currently own that I hate the most? My stupid @#$% Glock 17. I just spend $120 to put a new barrel on it to make it a suppressor host and I can't shoot it for ****. It is wildly inconsistent. I would attribute it to the new barrel, but it shoots that way with the old barrel too. While I'm not a skilled marksman by any means, I halve my group size (or quarter even) with my Beretta 92 or my S&W 66. I think it's the trigger that's the problem. I need to see about getting a different spring to lighten it up. It's just a mushy, gritty pull every time. Everyone I take shooting can't do any better with it either.

It's my 3rd Glock, but honestly while my other two were better (a 22 and a 23), I don't really think Glocks are really that good. It's probably the shooter, but what's the fun in owning a gun that is unforgiving to shooter's mistakes, especially when you put it against the 92. I have to pry that Beretta out of everyone's hands that give it a try. I know there seems to be a lot of animosity from military folks to it, but to be honest, it would be my go-to gun if I had to be in a gun fight (with a pistol). My S&W may be more accurate and pack a bigger punch (.357 mag vs 9mm), but I'll take 15 rounds per mag over 6.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Jennings J22, Thing is absolutely not even worth throwing away. I have thought about using it for target practice, i.e. as in it being the target!

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Any hammer-less revolver. They look dumb as he*&. Most folks couldn't hit the broad side of a barn a 10 ft with that 45lb trigger pull.
    I had a revolver with a 45lb trigger pull, a Nagant 1895.

But as for guns built in this century, hi point handguns top my list. Cheap which is good, lifetime warranty that stays with the gun also good. Things that are bad WEIGHT, SIZE, APPERANCE, CAPACITY, and the final thing that did them in for me was the complicated dissassembly. The fact that they required a tool to field strip a handgun is crappy. Maybe I'm too used to modern tool less guns, even if the tool is a just a punch.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

How much actual experience do you have with the M9/92FS? I have seen them get used, abused, rode hard and put away wet (literally). Yet, I never saw one malfunction.

Top Bottom