• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Desert Eagle and S+W Sigma. I have seen people who can shoot a Desert Eagle well, but they have waaaaaaaayyyyy bigger hands than normal folks. The Sigma was just a joke. Ive seen ones people can hit with. Ive mostly, however, seen ones that wouldnt hit the entire target from like 15 feet and it had nothing to do with the POS trigger.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    mod are you out there? this thread needs to be a sticky.
    if not someone may accidently buy a hi point, sigma, taurus, or a desert eagle.
    save these people money and make this thread a sticky.
    thank you, and may god bless all the mods.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    The Chiappa 1911-22....or should I say "Cheap-pa". Total garbage and there is a reason it comes with the cheap price it does.....

Cheap materials, cheap design, exceptionally bad machining, pot metal everywhere, cheap plastic.... Crap with a capital "C". I like how they try to re-name their crack-prone pot metal, "chiapalloy", which is just a glorified synonym for "pot-metal". We're talking 1980's ribbon cap-gun quality here....

That company ought to be ashamed of themselves to bring something that poor to market like that.... :noway:

My :twocents: for what it's worth. :dunno:

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    The Chiappa 1911-22....or should I say "Cheap-pa". Total garbage and there is a reason it comes with the cheap price it does.....

Cheap materials, cheap design, exceptionally bad machining, pot metal everywhere, cheap plastic.... Crap with a capital "C". I like how they try to re-name their crack-prone pot metal, "chiapalloy", which is just a glorified synonym for "pot-metal". We're talking 1980's ribbon cap-gun quality here....

That company ought to be ashamed of themselves to bring something that poor to market like that.... :noway:

My :twocents: for what it's worth. :dunno:
    do not insult 1980s ribbon cap guns in that way. they are way better than that.

they were pretty fun.:rockwoot:

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I own a bryco jennings nine and it is a piece of junk. Never know if it will go off when I pull the trigger, and Im always happy if I manage to get shots on target. Usually just leave it in the safe.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I have had three pistols that I know are crap!
    The first one is a .380 Jeminez, the second clip full of ammo the barrel started walking out the front of the gun. Then it started jamming & wouldn't fire two rounds back to back. So I sold it to the first one that would offer me any money for it.

The second pistol was a little Ruger LCP it was a solid gun but the trigger pull is too heavy & too long. I couldn't hit S#!T with it, by the time it got it to fire my hand was shaking so accurate fire was out of the question. I took it back to the gun shop that I bought it from.

Then got the third or should I say turd pistol that I have now. The guy at the shop talked me up to buying a Ruger SR .40 for $425 the problem I have with this one is the slide stop. After buying it and a few boxes of ammo I took it to the range. The sights were off & needed adj. to match my eyes but the slide stop is impossible to thumb down all of my other pistols have a slide stop that after shoving in a new clip full of ammo all that I need to do is thumb it down & it is ready to shoot. This gun would not thumb down even with two thumbs. I took it back to the gun shop & the guy sent it back to Ruger for them to fix. When it came back to the shop I gave it a try & it was no better than when I returned it to them. Then the guy at the shop told me that with Ruger guns I will need to pull the slide back to get the slide to release.:eek:
    What! I can not believe Ruger would make a gun that someone will use as a carry weapon, to change the steps the user would reload & ready to fire.
    I have trained and practiced to thumb down after reload, not reload then pull the slide back to get it ready to fire.
    Why do they have a thumb lever on the side of the gun if it is not to be used?:dunno:
    As soon as I can find another gun I like, I'm going to trade this piece of S#!T off & I not going to ever buy a Ruger again.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This gun would not thumb down even with two thumbs. I took it back to the gun shop & the guy sent it back to Ruger for them to fix. When it came back to the shop I gave it a try & it was no better than when I returned it to them. Then the guy at the shop told me that with Ruger guns I will need to pull the slide back to get the slide to release.:eek:
    What! I can not believe Ruger would make a gun that someone will use as a carry weapon, to change the steps the user would reload & ready to fire.
    I have trained and practiced to thumb down after reload, not reload then pull the slide back to get it ready to fire.
    Why do they have a thumb lever on the side of the gun if it is not to be used?:dunno:
    As soon as I can find another gun I like, I'm going to trade this piece of S#!T off & I not going to ever buy a Ruger again.

Actually, you should rack it back in training and self-defense.
    In a high stress situation, you will experience a decrease in fine motor skills, and sensory perception.
    Meaning, you might not even feel the little button.
    Ever play a sport, and not notice till later you are bleeding? And you don't even know how it happened.

js24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    To quote one of the previous posters, the one pointing at me for sure.

Otherwise, at the risk of starting a holy war, I hate glocks. They look nice, but I have yet to handle one that doesn't have some very serious and aggravating kick to it. The baby .45 is the best I've dealt with, but still, just the lesser of the evils in them all.

Between the kick, the price, and the squared slide, no thanks. Say no to GLOCK.

Top Bottom